The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Just Some Random Mumblings

So lately I have had this huge writers block / brain fart going on. I dont know really why, but its like, I have all this time, but non what so ever, you know? Earlier tonight while hanging out at my girlfriends and watching Miss Universe and commenting on there looks and such I started to realize why I havent been writing. The answer! The answer to this mysterious question. Its the simple fact I am happy. B)

Well i for one miss your writing, but couldn't think of a better "excuse" if you will. heh.

Far better that you run into a writer's block for happiness than any other reason.

In a peculiar way, though, it *is* more difficult to write about the brighter side of life. Anger, anguish, angsty stuff, it's deep and vivid and strong, easy to get a grip on and hold it still long enough to weave words around it. That's not so for what we generally term the "happy" things. Happiness, contentment, sudden joy, they're more fleeting and more difficult to pose for their fitting in words. To look back on a moment of happiness and try to recover enough of it to convey it to others can be frustratingly difficult, especially considering our society's general intolerance of "corny" or "sappy" writing, "silly sentimentalism".

For whatever it's worth, however, my personal opinion says phooey on them. I'd be delighted to read whatever you have to write, however sappy, corny or sentimental it is, however much you may feel it fails to do justice to the one you try to describe. Chances are you come nearer than you think, and sometimes... sometimes the rest of us need the reminder that there *is* a brigher side to life.

If the words aren't there, they aren't there. But if there are some you'd be willing to share, i'd be delighted to read them. Either way, be happy. i hear it's a good way to spend your life. ;)