The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

ºLuck of the Irishº

autumn_sun

{{such a cute little kitten! ^^; Poor Yasuo indeed, /how/ on earth is he supposed to maintain his aloof, meloncholy attitude with /her/ around? =grins=}}

=He shook his head= "No...I won't let that happen again. I refuse." =he muttered, glancing down at Cyndy, frowning slightly=

{{....and Pip's written herself into a corner. Bah.}}

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(OOC: If you've written yourself into a corner, say hello to little Jack Horner. He'll guide you out to where words are found, by simply telling you to turn around.)

Cyndy pauses for a second, as if she wasn't already motionless, save for her tiny little heart exploding, and runs after a squirrel. The dead kitten clambers up a tree and finds herself ensnared in a mat of pine needles, the squirrel holding a pair of bifocles up to his nose and laughing. It is only then that Cyndy realizes she's bleeding. Her last word is... "What?"

She wakes up, tangled in Yasuo's hair, her 'boyfriend' being the tree in her mind, and sneezes. "I'm sorry Yasuo. I have a sleepwalking problem sometimes, and that damned squirrel always gets away. Hey! I have an idea! I'll bring him out of my dream, and you cut his laughing little head off... Meow."

She looks a little bewildered at herself, pausing once again to check and see if her heart did explode from excitement. No, it didn't. "Um... forgive me. He's been laughing at me since I was little, so I keep thinking he's somewhat real. My mom put him there by telling me squi..." Her voice trailed off for a moment, a look of sadness on her usually happy, and or blushing face.

"My... my mom. I miss her. She couldn't talk like me, but I always understood her. My daddy... he killed her. We were running out of food and... he got crazy. He killed all my brother and sister... and... he left me there, saying that I was different. Too horrid to touch. Something... a 'thing'. A mistake, and he left me there to die. He ran away after that, just left me there amongst the bodies of my mommy and my brothers and sisters."

She looked at Yasuo, her pink paws still tangled in his hair that had been pulled to the front of his face as she dangled back and forth. "I found you right after that. I was hungry and sad, but... there was that bar nearby. And nobody gives anything to a sad and matted kitten, so I just acted really cute and stuff. It seemed to work on you while you were drunk, and then you told me about shape...shifting. And, i could be human, and i could not worry about ever seeing my daddy again. I would never have to be told i was wierd. humans talk, half-humans talk... cats don't." she blinks. "Sorry... I... I didn't mean to bother you. I'm... exhausted."

After she finishes her sentence, she falls out of Yasuo's hair and hits the ground softly. She falls back to sleep, but keeping an ear open, simply resting her tired mind.

(OOC: do you think that will pull you out of a corner Pip? It's something that might start a conversation. Perhaps even relating to your character somehow too ashke... You gave me the idea. Thank you.)

{{^^; thankees much! Course...Yasi will be in flashbacks for a while, but ah well.}}

=He shook his head, looking even more disheveled, if possible= "Gods around..." =he muttered softly=

"I...I never knew my father..." =he said, looking down at the dozing kitten= "They called me a bastard." =he twitched slightly= "They killed her, as well. Tried to kill me...but...I got away." =he shuddered, tracing over the burn mark on his shoulder through his shirt= "It wasn't her fault that I looked like some sort of demon...." =he closed his eyes, falling silent for a few moments then sitting straight up, looking as if he had been stabbed=

"Not again..."

At the moment that Yasuo started to speak, the kitten poked her head up, attentive. "Meow? It hurts to think that you might... or did share the same experience as me. Is... 'her'... your mother. Did they kill your mother? Meow... Yasuo. I'm so sorry. Whatever they called you, and whyever they wanted to kill you... or your family... they're wrong..."

An oddly sadistic grin spread across her young kitten face, her pointed teeth glimmering brightly. "Yasuo, have you ever wanted revenge? both of us... it seems... we lost something dear to us. Our families." She laughs a little, feeling fear in her mind that she is succumbing to something of a madness. She catches herself quickly and shakes her head. "Meow!" she scratches at air, her claws fully extended, but hits nothing but a stray blade of grass.

"I... I... I'm... Not like that. I'm... not like... my daddy." She fell over for a moment, not asleep, but exhausted again. Her short bursts of emotions and such were not something a young anything should be experiencing. She took a moment to roll her eyes upwards a little bit to watch Yasuo's expression go from memorable to stabbed.

"Meow? What's wrong Yasuo?"

(OOC: I hope this post was alright. she was kind of talking at the same time, between Yasuo's sentences. She wasn't expecting a reply from Yasuo about the whole revnge thingy...)

(OOC: Also, forgive me for shortening my signature Pip. i didn't really delete anything important... and it was kind of taking up space... meep.)

=he winced slightly and petted Cyndy's head awkwardly= "Hey now...calm down..." =he said quietly, brushing off the uneasy feeling that was slowly crawling up his spine=

"I know you're not...don't put yourself down, kid." =he shook his head= "You're gonna end up like me." =he stared into space for a while, before answering Cyndy's inquiriries=

"Yes..." =he shuddered= "But revenge gets you nowhere. You hear me? NOWHERE." =he growled, looking Cyndy in the eye= "Just as bad as the ones you tried to get revenge on...worse...you'll be halfway to becoming the demon they see you as."

Cyndy sighed softly to herself. "Yasuo..." She sneezed "I'm sorry. I didn't mean it. I'd... I'd love to be like you Yasuo. I'd love to be able to let the past go... I'd love to be as controlled as you are... What is it about you that I shouldn't be like? Is it what everyone else said about you? Do you really believe them? Yasuo... you're not a killer, and you never were." she squirmed about on the ground for a moment, uncmfortable with the thought of Yasuo being anything bad...

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to bring up memories or anything Yasuo. Mrowr..." Her stomach growled. "Um... Yasuo... I need to eat again."

(OOC: I have a lot on my mind right now... forgive me for he terrible post.)

{{....I understand. }}

=he glared= "ARE YOU CRAZY?! Be like me?! Are you kidding?! Me?! Forget my past?!" =he looked halfway disgusted, halfway shocked. How on earth could she think that he let go of his past?=

"And of course I believe them. Listen to me, kid. I. Killed. Period." =he pointed at Ki= "Ask her for food, you ate all mine." =he ran his fingers through his hair= "Oh Gods...what I would do for an ale right now..."

/That's it, Red. Fall back on your old comfort. A nice pint or two, and you'll be on your way. Forgetting the past for a while, wouldn't it be grand? Hahaha./

=he twitched= "No...I take that back."

Cyndy recoiled in a mixture of shock and terror, staring frightenedly (OOC: Is that a word?) back at Yasuo. "P...Please, don't yell, Yasuo. I'm sorry. I'm really sorry... I didn't know you still... held on to that." she stopped, realizing her fear wasn't going to help him any, and it would only make him feel bad. She stepped cautiously towards him again, stopping at his leg, and looked somewhat calmly into his face. The disgusted look didn't suit him well, but she ignored it.

"Yasuo. Yasuo? I... I don't want to sound mean, but... even if you did kill anyone, even if you did all of the horrible things that other people still blame you for, I know you're different now. They're not coming back Yasuo, no matter how much you regret it. I had to learn the same thing with my brothers and sisters and my mommy. I could be sad about them forever, and they'd never come back. I know you're different now Yasuo, you're not who you used to be. I don't know if that helps any... but... being upset about what you have or haven't done will not change anything. I don't know what you think of me, but I know that you are the Yasuo I know, and the one I think I love. I know you wouldn't hurt me, or anyone else here, which shows that you've changed. You've changed Yasuo, and you are not what you used to be... Please... accept that."

Her stomach growled again. "I'm not worried about eating anymore. I just wish you'd be happy and stop worrying about the past. I'm really sorry if I brought up any old memories, things that were unpleasant, or people you might have killed. I didn't mean to drag up things like that... Just..." She looked at him calmly, something she was hoping wasn't being annoying to him. "Just... let it go. If getting drunk will help you with that, then that's all right. If you don't want to, that is all right as well, but I don't want to see you hurting yourself for the past. I don't want to see you hurting... ever."

(OOC: I hope it makes sense that she acts somewhat mature for such a young age... She's had to grow up by herself...)

=he rubbed his eyes, looking exhasted=

/Aww...look at what you did, Red....you made the poor thing upset. You made your little cat lover upset!! Haha! That's all you'll ever do, Red. Upset people. Good going, you've got her all concerned.

=Yasuo glared at the ground= "Shut. UP." =he growled, his ears flattened= "Leave. me. ALONE." =he winced as he realised that he was speaking aloud, and edged backwards slightly=

"Er...sorry..." =he glanced up at Cyndy and sighed=

"Kid...listen to me...I'm just some idiot who can't let go of his past...PLEASE, find someone better to tag along with." =he ran a finger over the tattoo on his face nervously=

Edited by autumn_sun

Again, Cyndy looked back at Yasuo, the same cautious and now slightly more appreciative look stamped on her kitten face. Her whiskers twitched and she sneezed. "I think I have a cold... My fur isn't perfect... In any case, I know you didn't mean it Yasuo. You were looking at the ground, not me, and I don't think you'd tell me to shut up that seriously. Maybe playfully, but not seriously... Yasuo, if you can't let go of your past, that's all right with me. I still have troubles letting go of mine. I'm simply asking you to realize that as bad as you make it for yourself... your only hurting yourself. I'm certain that if you could right all of the wrongs you say you've caused, you'd do it gladly. There is no one better to tag along with. I'm still very young, but aside from you and that fox... er... Elwen, I'm just as old as an adult. I've had to deal with hard times too, but I don't forget. I'd like to, but I don't. Each time I stir up old memories and I successfully get over the reliving of my heartbreak and fear of watching my daddy kill my family, I know i can't bring them back, and I make up for it by never becoming like him. You have so much in common, which might be why i like you so much. Certainly I haven't killed anyone, as you say you have, but that's not the point. We both have a troubled past, and neither of us... it's not something easy to let go. Don't forget it, just don't let it consume you. I want to help you Yasuo, I would help you with anything. Your problems are your own, but I'm hre if you need someone to confide in. I'll never be upset with you, but I am worried. You can't get rid of me, not while you're still like you are, as I am determined to help you. I can be less annoying, less cute... i can do all of that. Or I can be more of those things if it will help distract you from your problems. Unless I die Yasuo, I'm not going to leave you. I can't stop you from running away, but... please... don't."

=he groaned, his tail swishing nervously= "Of all the people in the world...I had to run into you..." =he sighed= "...I wasn't telling you to shut up...." =He frowned again= "I'm only going to get you killed. It's happened before. It'll happen again. I really don't want to get you killed!" =his voice sounded odd, almost desperate=

/That's right. Red...you will kill her.../

=Yasuo's fists clenched= "No I won't! I won't let it happen! STOP CALLING ME RED!!"

/But Red's your name, Red. You know it, I know it. And it'll only be a matter of time until they find out why./

=the mad laughter echoing through his head made him wince= "I. will. not. let. that. happen!"

"Y... Yasuo? Even if you do get me killed, I'lll live as long as I can with you. I've been doing some thinking Yasuo, and I really do think I love you, and I'm not going to run away no matter what. You'd have to kill me yourself Yasuo, as long as I die by you, or I end my life knowing that i could be with you for a short time. I have no family, and I have nothing much left to live for. It's strange, but you've become the only thing I want to live for. I swear that I'm not crazy..."

She blinked, recalling his outburst. she had been caught in a train of thought when he had said something about being called Red, so she heard it, but was too lost to really notice...

"Red? Is that what they used to call you?" she asked inquisitively, not rude, just curious. "You're right, you're not Red. You're Yasuo, and you always will be. I know you haven't been talking to me when you yell, so there must be someone else... someone... in your head?"

She blinked, realizing that she called him cray without intending to. "Meow! No! No! I didn't mean to say you were crazy! You're not crazy. I have a tuna in my head, so i know that voices exist... I'm really sorry..."

[[-tentative poke- Hey...erm...I uh...need a bit of a break for a bit...never fear...I'll reply at some point...I'm just...not liking Yasi's persona right now...yeah...=shifty eyes= Mebbe I'll explain...at at later date...sorry }}

(OOC: Mrowr... Pip. I don't know if my actions as far as character-ish stuff made Yasuo like that, but I have to apologize anyway... meow. In any case, this is your RP, so you can erase what you've made of him, edit, whatever... Mrowr. I'll wait as long as necessary. I can change my character too, I think. Sorry for getting carried away with her persistence.)

(OOC: You were right Pip. Poprocks & Coke is a really, really, really, really, really, really, really (continues forever almost) good song! Meow! Well, I'm not exactly obsessed with it, but I don't not like a single piece of it. Meow!)

Cyndy perks her head up, somehow watching Yasuo freeze in time as a somewhat diminuitive girl in a trench coat appears. "Sorry. He's gotta take a break for a while, I don't like him too much right now."

"Meow? Oh, that's okay. I was kind of afraid of what he would say anyway..." she comments, herself suddenly going rigid, as a less diminutitive but still somewhat small guy approaches in a trench coat. He pulls out a cat brush and brushes his hair. "Okee dokee Pip. I was getting a little lost with myself too, though I hope this doesn't disappoint the other people. Mrowr..."

{{no no! It's nothing like that! I swear! It's nothing YOU did!! Well...sort of, but don't blame yourself!! I just need to take a break for a while...lot of things I need to attend to here in the real world, you know? I think I missed out a few things down here...gotta get out of the fantasy world I've created, ne? -nodnod- Oh, & I'm glad you like it!! ^_^; I'm obsessed...but that's just me}}