The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

ºLuck of the Irishº

autumn_sun

(OOC: Meow... no need to edit. It still works!)

She still continues to stare wildly at Yasuo, waiting patiently for him to do whatever he's going to do, but strikes up a conversation where Yasuo left off. "That...? Wait, is she supposed to be..." She pauses from her staring for a minute and blushes... if a cat can do that. After she goes back to staring, her eyes are all quivery, but they clear up into a wrinkle (her nose, not her eyes...) when she sniffs the ale on Yasuo's breath.

"You really need to stop drinking Yasuo, and then maybe you wouldn't be so confused... and your breath would smell better." She stops her staring and waits for the reek of alcohol to linger on, and looks at the thought-tuna one more time as it swims by in a splashy sound effect. Damn... if him and Ki... that ruins my main reason why I want to be human-ish...

(OOC: Meow, meep, and other exclamation point sound effects! Um... the last part... I don't know if it's going to throw anyone off or not. Eh... see, Elwen's a lady, and Ki's a lady, and Yasuo is a guy... and my character has a bit of a crush on Yasuo. Eep! I don't know if that's bad or not, but it explains-ish why she's always crawling all over him and acting cute... aside from the fact she's still a kitten. sorry!)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[[=stares @ Neko Boy= erm...merf...ok dude...i'm ok wiff it...you should be asking the almighty [no sarcasm, i swear] Lynne-ish that...oh, and Ki's like 10 or something...!!]]

"I wasn't drunk at the time! God's Around! You're a very assuming cat...person....thing. No, you see, Ki kinda decided to follow me around. So I kinda have to take care of her. You kinda see what I'm getting at? Sure, I'm not gonna leave her in the middle of the road somewhere, but I didn't exactly CHOOSE to bring her along anyway..." =he shrugs and chews on a piece of beef jerky, the only bit he didn't give to Cyndy= "Ale's good, don't go and diss it. I'd love a mug or two right now." =the almost but not quite alcholic says, nodding= "You like catnip? Too bad I don't have any. Wasn't expecting kittens to show up out of nowhere and demand that I keep promises I can't even remember." =he grins wolfishly [hahaha. no pun intended], his ears twitching slightly=

"At least you have someone who will watch your back." the small kitsune told Ki gravely. "The demon world is a harsh place to live in...especially if you are alone. No mother. No father. No one to teach you what you must know. Either you learn what you must on your own and live or you die."

((She's only six actually))

"I have too many people watching my back. You should come back with us, whenever we go back, and meet everyone. Yasi, beers isn't good for you. Kenji had too much beers once, and she threw up on the floor and fell asleep. And then she was grouchy. "

Her brown eyes were wide and solemn when describing the hangover of a member of her surrogate family.

[[eep. meesa groggy. sorry if this post is rather...hard to follow :unsure: ]]

"Hey, the real world's a living hell too." =he snaps, glaring at the Kitsune= "In the real world, they'll hang little brats like you for stealing. Or worse." =he shudders again, bringing up old but not forgotten memories=

"Sorry, Ki...I've said this before, but I guess you've forgotten. I can't go back there. Not for a long time. They're watching that place. Blood's been spilled. They want to know where the victim's gone." =he runs a hand through his hair nervously= "They won't give a damn about you, Kenji, or anyone else. As long as they get what they're looking for. They aren't afraid to play target practice, either." =he looks sharply at Cyndy, as if she'd be the target, and drums his fingers on the ground, a sudden fearful thought coming to him=

They'll kill her if they find her with me!! Both of them!! Shit. Why'd I have to be such a moron?! =of course no one could read his mind, but if they could, they'd be glad that he couldn't project his feelings or his memories. Both were horrible, the memories only slightly less graphic than what could compared to the Salem Witch Trials= If they only knew. They'd understand why ale is my best friend.

Edited by autumn_sun

Cyndy continues to stare, but looks at the concern on Yasuo's face and pads over lightly, attempting to figure out how to stop staring. She shakes her head a little to balance the fluid from her ears back into where they belong and squints a little.

"Yasuo." She comments quietly, the first time in a long time, "Something wrong? What's wrong Yasuo? What did you do?" She continues to stoll cautiously over towards the wolf over yonder and sits on his knee and bats at his face with clawless paws. "Yasuo, who are 'they'?"

=Cyndy's attempts at breaking his train of thought only made him yell the last thing he had thought of= "I AM NOT A MURDER!!" =he fell over backwards, caught off guard by the incoming thwap from her paw and quickly crawled back a few feet and hugged his knees protectively= "I am NOT a murder." =he repeated, closing his eyes, trying to make the little crowd go away=

/Oh but you are, Red, you are./

=he twitched at the sound of the voice in his head, keeping his eyes shut, as if scared of someone seeing the fear in them=

The small kitsune kit sighs, long silver hair falling forward to cover her face. (Lady Inari-sama...what if those demon lords find me? They'll kill them...Yatsuo, Cyndy, Ki...just because I care about them.)

Cyndy recoils in shock for a second, but her concern for the horrified display causes her to draw nearer. She doesn't know that her paw caused the scurrying backwards, so she ignores that fact. "Yasuo? Meow... a murderer? No, he's right! He's not a murderer. He's too nice and drunk to kill someone, and I know he'd never hurt anyone unless they were bad."

She looks over at the figure who had once stood stern, powerful, and somewhat jovial before her, who was now cowering in fear of his own thoughts... though she didn'y know that. She approached him a lot more cautiously this time, being careful not to startle him. "Yasuo? Yasuo, what's wrong? Tell me, please? Who said you killed someone? Yasuo? I know you didn't do it... no matter what evidence anyone can present." As she says the last words, she climbs up, her front paws leaning on his knee.

"Meow... it's all right Yasuo." If only I was a human... I could help somehow. the thought seems disconcerting as she feels as her own helplesseness is realized, but she ignores it, drawing her attention back to Yasuo. She tries one more time to bat at his cheek a little with her paw, hoping it might make him smile or something.

(OOC:Meow... I like doing this type of thing... the whole compassion thing. If only I knew how to do it in reality... :( )

{{STOP IT! Please?? I made this board to escape from reality, not remind you of it!! =frowns= I'm...sorry if I'm doing more harm than good...the way things are panning out...they're NOT your fault. Never forget that.]]

=He opens one eye slowly, and turns his head away, spitting out the blood caused by the clenching of his teeth against his tongue=

"So young and innocent..." =he reaches out to pet the strange kitten, his voice barely audible, even to him=

"So innocent..." =he repeats= "You shouldn't have chosen me to teach you anything." =he says, his self loathing clearly evident= "I'm no good at anything. I've failed at everything I've ever tried."

/No, Red. You never failed to kill. You always hit your mark, you never missed. Why don't you go back to doing what you know you can do?/

~Because! Because I don't want to kill anyone anymore! I don't want to make anyone hurt any more!! I don't want to loose anyone anymore!~

/Funny, Red. Very funny. That's what you said before you joined the Purifiers, minus the kill part. Hahaha, very funny red./

=his fists clench at his internal conversations, staring at the ground= "I'm worth nothing to you, kid. Get that through your head." =he fell backwards, staring blankly at the sky= "Those two should have just let me die." =he muttered, glancing briefly at Ki=

(OOC: One cannot forget reality, lest they be trapped within their fantasy. Besides, I need to learn this kind of thing anyway... It'd be nice of me to be able to do more than just apologize ofr everything...)

As Yasuo lays on the ground, apparently hating himself, the small kitten pads onto him and lays down right underneath his ripcage."Yasuo, are you talking to someone? i know it's not here where we are, but... you seem upset, and there is nothing here to upset you... at least I don't think there is." She looks a little concerned but tries to stay somewhat cheerful, so as not to let him know that his emotions are affecting her too. (OOC:minor Empathy, I guess... I know what it's like)

"Yasuo. You shouldn't be mad at yourself. whatever you think you might have done is in the past, whether you did it or not. There is a whole future ahead of you, and more than enough ways to make up for what you think you did." she meows silently to herself, the equivalent of a sigh. "You should never have to feel bad Yasuo... and if i have to, I'll see to that. If you have these troubles right now, you don't have to teach me anything and i'll try to help as is." her mood suddenly changes to something of a false cheeriness. "I'm still gonna make you teach me though, so don't think you'll get away with forgetting! Meow!"

The whole time she has her head poked up, looking at Yasuo's gazing face, the one staring at the canopy of the forest and possibly a few clouds. The tuna floats by again, the sound of crashing waves floating through her head. Innocent? Me? Well, that's only because I haven't had the chance to do anything yet. No, Yasuo, you are the one who is innocent. "Meow..." she says, still focusing her eyes on the half-wolf-ish guy. Maybe if he knew I liked him... I might be able to do something more to help... Or, I'd scare him... or, he'd kill me. Or... "There are too many possibilities Yasuo. Too many ways you would react." she comments, her thoughts spoken aloud. She doesn't seem to notice since she thinks she was only thinking it.

(OOC: due to the cheesy graphics on all shows that make actual animals talk, until my character can be a half-kitty/human thingy... she speaks telepathically when she is speaking in quotation marks. Um... when she meows though, she's not being telepathic, and she doesn't project her thoughts unless it's by accident... like above. Her comments aren't able to focus on one person, so it's just as if she were speaking aloud...-ish. I hope that's understandable.)

{{yeah. that makes sense. -nods- To both, I mean}}

=He sighs again, only half listening to the small kitten lying on him, wondering why he thought self mutilation was so stupid. It wasn't so bad...It at least meant that you were still alive, right? But it also meant that you were human enough to find an escape by doing it, a little thought bubble reminds him.=

"What would I be reacting to, Cyndy?" =he leans on his hands, looking at her, or the spot just below her nose at least= "Too many possibilities? What's possible?" =his curiousity had won out against his resentment, for now=

{{merf...sorry...not really sure how to react right now, a few things in my head are trying to get my attention...I kind of have to attend to them...nothing seriously bad though...}}

Cyndy perks her head up quickly. "You... you heard me?!" she exclaims, her worry now overwhelming her compassion. It is only then that the tuna makes another run-by and states his opinion. You know, you've been doing all right speaking your mind for now. Just tell him. Besides, I doubt he'll believe you anyway, considering you are a kitten for one, and it's not something he'd expect. That way, you could clear your conscience.

The kitten blinks and looks up at her object of affection's curious face... one that is anticipating an answer. "Maybe you're right Mr. Tuna." she says, muttering to herself, being very careful to not let Yasuo hear her talking to an imaginary fish. "Yasuo..." she says, her voice audible again.

She takes a few steps towards him and looks up into his face, which is still waiting for an answer. She turns unusually pink from blushing and decides it's best to just tell him. "Yasuo... I... love... Tuna!! Fishy fishy tuna! Meow!" Both the tuna and Yasuo fall over flat, one leg poking up from the ground like an anime show.

You idiot! You crazy, stupid, moronic, insane, overhyper, crackpot, pink, lunatic!! Look, you're never going to get it off of your mind unless you tell him, nor will you like the consequences if I don't see you tell him. I'll make certain that you hate fish so much, you'll tear anyone apart that even speaks the word fish!"

You can do that?

YES!!

All right... I'm not going to like this... she thinks, suddenly regretting her comment about fish. "Yasuo...? I'm sorry about that. There's a little fish in my head that tells me to tell you what I really wanted to say, or else I'll never like fish again..."

Yasuo sits back up, once again in light curiosity.

"Yasuo... meow... I... I think I love you Yasuo." In a second, she scampers away behind a tree, hoping he doesn't kill her for saying it... hoping his reaction is a good one.

(OOC: Meow! Sorry to... bring that out so early-ish. Mrowr... I don't know what to say. Sorry pip...)

{{=shrugs= Meh...ees ok! I'm the one who should be apologizing, for being a prick in the PC lab :( , pardon my french And yet another crappy post, I feel kinda sick <_<}}

"You..." =he blinked slowly, shaking his head, looking slightly skeptical= "You're kidding, right?" =he stared at the tree she was hiding behind= "You're just a kid. You can't be serious." =he rubbed his head, trying to figure out what was going on= "Fish? You talk to fish? What?" =he dropped back again, staring at the top of the trees, wishing he was elsewhere= "This is just too much..." =he laughed slightly, more at the situation than at the kitten=

{{oh! and to get hot pink text, you type this, minus the spaces [ COLOR = hotpink ] TEXTY HERE! [ / COLOR ] so it looks like this}}

Edited by autumn_sun

Cyndy took notice that Yasuo wasn't going to kill her, but rather stare confusion bullets into her if she didn't explain herself.

"Yeah... the fish that floats through my head carries thoughts with him, and i think the things I'm supposed to think... and stuff like that. He's also a seperate personality who tells me what to do. Basically, whenever i think of something, he makes a splashy noise and I see what I was thinking about, and he tells me what to do..." she looked a little confused herself, but was satisfied with her explanation. She just hopes Yasuo is.

"Um... the other thingy. Meow... I wasn't kidding. I'm just a kitten, but I'm very mature for my age. That's why i say big words and stuff, but i don't always capitalize my i's. Um... it's really hard to explain, since I... don't understand it much either. I just... like you more than a friend. I think that's love... or something like that. you know, having different feelings for someone that somehow places them above everything else in your life. Meow... at least that's my way of saying it." She steps forward, hoping everyone else isn't staring at her, and walks up to the wolf-boy-thingy. "Hn... meow... it's funny though. That's why i wanted to be, at least partially, human. you know, cuz you're a wolf-human-thingy, and i'm a kitten-not human- thingy. I also wanted to do other stuff too, like ride on a car without being stuck in a crate. (OOC: This era does have cars... right? If not, forgive my stupidity...) I wanted to be able to talk, and stuff like that. But yeah, it was mostly you."

She climbs up onto Yasuo's ribs again and poked his chin with a clawless paw. "But... I'm not kidding. you're a very nice person Yasuo, and you've never given me any more grief than trying to eat me, which was fun. Besides... it might be nice to have someone close enough to talk to... maybe?"

After a moment of watching Yasuo fly by on a tuna, she goes back to her usual self, her eyes glittering with energy. "I won't change my personality though! I"ll still be the hyper kitten you've always known, and you'll never have a dull day while I'm around! Meow!"

Again, however, she changes moods, something more timid as she shrinks back into herself. "Yuo don't... hate me for it... do you?

(OOC: Eh... ... I still don't know what to say. Um... ... ... ...prick? Pip was never a prick... she wasn't even grumpy as far as I could tell. Perhaps I wasn't extraordinarily attuned to my short attention span that day. Pip's always a nice person. And so is Lynne and Merry and John... and... a few other people... I'm confused with myself... I just wrote something I'm still trying to figure out... this post... that, and something that just happened in class, which appears to be my fault, even though I don't know what I did...)

=He stared at Cyndy, going over things in his mind, silently agreeing with Elwen= "No, I don't hate you. Confused, skeptical, second guessing your sanity, but not hating you." =he shrugged, unsure of how to react to the kitten's speech or her supposed 'feelings.'=

"Ki..." =he decided to drop the subject entirely and move on to something else= "Ki, the thief's right. You're gonna want to leave in the end, trust me." =he nodded firmly, trying to convince them all of his lack of self worth= "Feelings change." =he added, closing his eyes, falling back into the dark room in his head, the only place he ever could get away to=

{{Merf...just...forget it, 'k? It's nothing, not anymore. FORGET it. all of this OOC crap...forget it!}}

Edited by autumn_sun

Well, now it's off of your conscience, and he doesn't believe you. you have nothing to worry about anymore, lest you decide to pursue him. But... you might want to give him some time to think things over a little bit before you do, since I can read your mind, and I know you wil follow through with this. The large tuna bellowed at her, someow bigger.

This meant that she was hungry, but Yasuo seemed to be in an akward mood, so she just leapt into his little jerky bag and pulled some out and sat there contently, chewing on dried meat, and watching Yasuo, Ki, and the kitsune. After finishing her jerky, she found herself tired after trying to express herself, a strain on such a small brain... for now. She curled up next to the wolf-boy-thingy-ish's bag and went to sleep. >~_~<

(OOC:I'll cut everyone a break from my annoying presence for now and just see what happens... I know, I know.. it's not really annoying and such, but... never mind)

(OOC: Forgiv me, I can be a tad grouchy in the morning, on rare occasions... mind you.)

=He opened one eye, frowning slightly= "Hey! Mine!" =he grabbed the bag and held it protectively= "Mine!" =he growled, though his odd amusement with the sleeping Cyndy ruined the threatnening look he was going for= "Oh Gods, what am I supposed to do with her?! I...I don't want her to get hurt! Even if she is annoying." =falling once again back into the room in his head, he looked detachted, almost comotose, but his eyes remained open this time, only intensifing the effect=

{{oh god...I went and said the wrong thing again...shit...please don't feel bad!!}}

(OOC:I never feel bd pip.. it's part of apathy...-ish. I'm learnign my emotions, but you never say the wrong thing. That sentence made no sense...)

Cyndy continues to sleep...

(OOC: gotta go! Meow! Pip... don't worry about anything. You should live carefree, as should everyone else. i wish I could, but I have a lot of stuff to learn about emotions and stuff, since I lived carefree for five years. I need to get back to caring... you all can take a break)

=He continued to stare blankly, seeing nothing but the memories replaying over and over=

Stop. Rewind. Play. Repeat.

=His left hand twitched slightly, the only other part of him moving was his chest, rising and falling with his slow breath=

A figure sitting in shadows, katana catching a bit of sun and gleaming with the light, appearing to the couple walking by as merely a trick of the eye. The male was tall, sandy hair falling lazily in all directions, the female was smaller, more delicate, brown hair drawn up into a bun, her hand on the man's arm. The two of them smiled at each other, the perfect couple. The figure shifted, a raven's call bringing him to the couple's attention. A cold look in his eyes, he caculates his move, in a matter of seconds, the woman lies dying on the ground. A cry of disbelief, the woman's husband turning to face the assassin.

"Yasi...Why?!"

A look of guilt crosses the anthro's features, vanishing quickly.

"I...didn't know....." He replies, voice dull. "I....I'm sorry." He turns and before the man can blink, is gone, melting into the shadows. A rose lies next to the bloodied katana, the raven's dead body nearby

=Back in the present, a single tear makes it's way down his face, {{OOC:on 5...AWW!}} a whispered cry escapes from his lips=

"...No...."

{{...you /really/ think I'm that perfect? Woah, buddy, I'm the last person here who deserves a break. Not sparing any details, but yeh. Let's not get into that. End subject, now.}}

Edited by autumn_sun

(OOC: you know what's funny Pip? We have this odd tendency to continuously reply to everything we end... I think it's fun to engage in other stimulating conversation with such an astute person such as yourself, however I know not the feelings of the recipient of my banter. How fare you to these inquisitions and off topic conversations, or lest we should stop in light of other events occuring in our binary dreams here at the Pen?)

Amidst a dream, Cyndy sneezes in reality, opens her eyes briefly, licks her paw, and falls back asleep.

(OOC: I do rather enjoy conversing with you in such a manner Pip, the publicity of such keeps anything meant for secrecy in it's proper place, and we could enjoy some riveting conversations during the free time, such as when my dear little kitten sleeps... See above.)