The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

ºLuck of the Irishº

autumn_sun

=A slender male figure stood in the middle of a forest, swinging his katana over his head, going over several stances and defense positions. To all appearences, he was unremarkable, hood up, hiding his face, gloved hands, common clothes. But, as usual, appearences aren't always the truth. His hood falls back, revealing a pair of pale blue eyes, glowing slightly, no white to speak of, wolf ears protuding from atop his skull, and a strange tattoo resembling bloodied vines going from his left eye to his chin=

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OOC: Is lycanthropy allowed? I hope so... cuz here i am! Meow! >^_^<

Joining the dear canine friend of the woods, a small feline steps up to the plate... of food resting beside the small cottage... cheese container which is stored with the rest of her belongings in the house... dressing that is conveniently sitting in a bowl on the front porch ten miles away. The kitten speaks, and finds that her voice has not quite become used to the common tongue of humans, thus leaving her English broken with small meows now and again.

"M-meow? Can mew teach mew to be a person now?" she asks timidly, hoping the wolf is not in another one of his... feeding moods today. It was at that point the new addition ot the small group found a comfortable lounge chair to hide under. The wolf's nose did not exactly help her position in those times though, so she'd commonly climb up a tree after determining the amount of dust bunnies were multiplying too fast under the chair. She did have one good memory though, and that was the chase through the forest itself when he hacked down a good deal of saplings trying to reach the cat. she simply laughed at him until he calmed down, which lasted about a week.

The kitten reminisces on this and finds herself speaking her thoughts out loud. "Mewbe i shouldn't have mrowr at him. Mew looked happy after a mrowr... i'll try to not tease him..."

She turns back to the wolf, who is still flahinfg the sword around as though it were a camera. "Meow! Meow! Mew want to mew human! Name mew?"

[=wave wave= fancy the almighty hamster boy playing a cat...a female one at that ^.^ And you've confused me entirely...=re-reads post & sneezes=]

=He quirked an eyebrow at the feline, bringing his sword down and leaning on it like a walking stick=

"Er...hello...?" =he looked at his young companion, his thick cockney accent at odds with his oriental appearence=

"Ye didn't find her somewhere, like that other one, did you? I'm not in the mood to play foster da' to various creatures."

=he said not unkindly, just boredly=

"Who are you, kid...cat...whatever you may be? Are you enchanted?" =it was at this moment that the canine decided to poke the cat in the side with a finger= "Hm. You dun feel enchanted..." =poke poke=\

{{=blinks & pokes the hamster boy= Malackye's getting bored...reply to "him" on Lynne's site...}}

Edited by autumn_sun

{{OOC: Yes, I'm using Elwen for this again. She's my best-done character for this site...anyway, this is *before* her rebirth as Lirya. She's in the middle of her kitsune childhood.}}

A small shape, of a fox spirit, perched in the branches of a tree, as gold eyes peered out curiously. In her small hands was a bright gold necklace, obviously well-made and quite expensive. Obviously not something she could afford.

Her footing was rather unsteady, and she slipped from the branch, somehow managing to land on her feet on the ground below, not dropping her hard-earned prize.

The little kitsune looked at the others in the clearing with her intense eyes, no expression on her face, not even surprise from the long drop. She was a small thing, about five or six, with long silver hair and eyes that were strangely hard for one of such young age. Already, she was showing signs that she would be extremely beautiful when she grew up. And a skilled thief.

=he looked at the necklace and then at the Kitsune= "Oh no. NO NO NO! Get away! I'm not going to get blamed for this! SHOO!"

=he moved to pick up the necklace and throw it somewhere, preferably as far away as possible=

"Get! Dammit, Ki! Where did you FIND all these creatures?! Agh!"

• 2 weeks later...

OOC: After several hors, (or rather ten seconds) of deliberations with my translator before he committed suicide with a dishwasher, I have decided to speka in what is commonly known as French. However, assuming that any French people who listen to French hear it as English, since they understand it as if it were, I am effectively speaking English. Thank you...

The small kitten, aptly named Cyndy as she had no idea where she could acquire a better name outside of a fireplace, climbed up Yasuo's shoulder and stuck a clover behind his ear. "There! Now you're Irish! Meow!"

she jumped down to sniff the cookie, and found it was to her great pleasure that there were no macadamia nuts in it. Why did everyone think she liked macadamia nuts? She batted at it for a second and did a small twisted bcakflip and punced on the cookie. "Meow!"

The cookie flew forward when she batted at it again, but she pounces towards it and rakes it in with her claws, licking the chocolate chips out of the center of it. after a minute, she loses interest in it and walks back over to Yasuo.

"You don't remember me? You used to chase me under comfortable lounge chairs and up trees, and you promised you'd teach me how to turn into a human... like you... sort of... meow?" She rubbed against the wolf's left leg, and then his right. "Please? If you don't, I'll pounce on you and shove catnip down your shirt" She says in a mischevious singsong voice, almost soprano. "And then I'll just have to rip you apart until I get at it, because nobody messes with a hyper kitten! Meow!" she looks very proud of herself.

She climbs back up and leaps over to the kitsune's shoulder. "I don't remember you, but do you think you could teach me?" The kitten sneers slightly at Yasuo in a joking distaste. "Besides, you probably speak better English... meow..." Curling up around the six year olds neck like a feather boa, she goes to sleep.

Elwen snatches back her prize, as she removes the kitten from her neck. ((OOC: I believe the kitten is on Elwen...I could be wrong.)) "Why would I want to share any sort of credit with /you?/" the child asks Yasuo. "I did this all on my own. I don't share credit where it's not due."

[[=nods at Neko Boy as if she understands= Uh huh. Right. You don't mind me calling you neko boy, do you? If it's annoying, tell me. 'Kay?]]

"I'm surrounded by...CHILDREN!" =he groaned, hiding his amusement with the kitten= "Gods around! Is this some sort of punishment?!" =he sighed, and tilted his head at the little Cyndy= "Damn, she fell asleep. I have no recolection of meeting her before. Mebbe I promised her something when I was drunk. Hn." =he muttered to himself, glaring slightly at the thief=

"You're but a small child...thing. They'll blame it on me. They always will. They'll probably say I kidnapped /all/ of you."

"With the reputation /I/ have, anyone who knew of me would think that it was more the other way around." the child informs him smugly-telling the truth, which is rare for a kitsune. Obviously, she is darn proud of her hard-earned reputation.

"If they're dumb enough to believe that a /child/ would be able to kidnap ME, I pity them. No one...NO ONE has managed to kidnap or hold me for ransom. Ever." =he growled, his ears flattening against his skull=

[[wait, isn't ransoming & kidnapping alike? BAH]]

Cyndy picks herself up off of the ground, being one of few kittens who can't land on her feet. "Meow!" She exclaims, lickerg her chops, prepared for something to eat. "Yasuo, feed me, please? I'd do it myself, but I can't hold the bag." She looks up, beggingly, at the one who is supposed to teach her how to become a human, as opposed to a speaking cat.

A thought floats throguh her mind, riding on a large tuna, and she realizes she was smart enough to catch the wolf while he was drunk when he made the promise. Oh well, a promise is a promise, and he also promised to take care of her. "Yasuo... meow!" she laeps onto the top of his Irish head and pokes her kitten face right into his. "Food time! Meow! Yuo can stop arguing with the rude fox long enough to supply. I'll try to find a nap somewhere else once you've fed me. Meow!" Leaping back down from the perch between two wolf ears into Yasuo's hood, "I'll sleep here until you get around to feeding me."

(OOC: she's a little demanding when she's hungry... meow!)

=he grumbled slightly= "I don't have any fish. I hate fish. Unless it's with a nice pint and some chips. That's the greatest." =he closed his eyes for a moment, imagining himself AWAY from all the little kids in a bar somewhere, eating the food he described= "I've got some jerky." =he waved it in her face, his thick gloves protecting any sort of violent attempt at removing his fingers from the rest of him=

"Who are you, kid?" =he blinked, suddenly remembering he didn't know her name=

[[EDIT: Scott, your sig rawks!! =laughs=]]

Edited by autumn_sun

(OOC: Mrowr? It does? Is a sig a signature?)

Cyndy batted at the jerky clumsily, trying to find her footing in the hood of her wolf mentor. "Meow! Jerky!" she shrieked excitedly, latching on to Yasuo's hand, currently covered in a glove, and nibbling on the dried meat as it dangled between two fingers. "Drop it! Meow! Drop it!" (OOC: In a cute, and undemanding voice...)

"Meow... my name is Cyndy. Were you drunk when you heard my name too. I suppose dropping a rock on your head to gety you to stop howling was a little much... mewo. I'm sorry. I'll fill you in briefly."

She snaps down the last of the jerky after ripping it from Yasuo's hand, along with his glove and a small cut on his finger, "I feel better now! I'm sorry for yelling at you Yasuo. Um... I think we met in a bar when i tried to steal some of your fish while you were drinking a pint. You grabbed my tail and told me a lot about how to change animal forms and stuff. After that, I asked you to teach me, putting on my best cute little kitten face, and you just stared and blinked, but you agreed to teach me with a heavy scent of ale in your Irish breath. After I stole your fish, you also, drunkenly promised you'd take care of me! Meow! Even if you were drunk, you'll have to kill me before I let you break your promise! Meow!" After batting at one of the wolf's twitching ears, she leaped back into the hood upside down and waited to hear what her guradian and mentor had to say to that.

[[yeppers peppers...where did THAT come from?! O_O']]

"Dammit. I really have to do something about that drinking problem. Curses!" =he muttered, absent mindedly reaching up to pet the kitten and changed his mind right before his slightly wounded hand could reach her head= "You mind getting out of my hood, please? Before I decide to pet you or something of the like?" =the stubborn anthro snapped half heartedly= "Oh Gods, how am I supposed to teach a cat to be HUMAN?! And take care of you," =he pointed at Ki= "and what am I supposed to do with YOU?!" =he glared at the thief Kitsune, running a hand nervously against the hilt of his sword=

Cyndy snapped to her feet with what is the equivalent of a large hopeful-eyed smile. "Meeow! Pet me Yasuo! Pet me! You haven't done that in forever, except when you swing your sword at me... but that's the wind! You can worry about that annoying little fox later! Meow! Meow!" She paused a second, looking over at the kitsune, wondering what she was besides a human fox. Wasn't Yasuo and 'Ki' a pair of cousins?

"Oh, um... teach me? You mean you don't know? Just tell me what you do when you turn into a wolf... you can do that, right?" She thinks for a second at how that could have lost her lessons and reconsiders what she is going to say next. "And even if you can't, you can find a way, like you explained when you were drunk! Please? Meow? I'll purr for you and look really fluffy and cute, or whatever else a cat can do to make people like it! Please...?"

After a moment of begging about learning how to be a human, she realizes she has forgotten about the petting and quickly changes the subject. "Oh yeah! And pet me!" ^_^^_^

[[=pip laughs uncontrollably, as well as Kay/Lindsey= ^.^]]

=he sighed and laughed despite himself= "Jeeze, you're gonna turn me into a weakling, kid." =he blinked, considering her question about turning into a canine= "Er...well...maybe...you see...I don't do it all that often..." =he chewed on a finger nail nervously, obviously trying to hide something=

"I guess I'll show you...merf..."

[AND NOW WE RUN OFF TO CLASS!]

Cyndy stares, leaping out of the hood and onto the ground and sits patiently, purring. "Meow..." she sighs. "He's gonna show me, and then I... I don't know what i'll do. I'll be really surprised, and probably run around in circles like a rabid catfish! Meow!" She stops for a second, still purring to herself, and thinks about what she would do if she could be a person.

"Well, I could wear clothes for one thing... You know, so I could play with the loose threads that I pull out. and I could feed myself, and do a lot of other things that you can do." As she says the last part, she turns to Yasuo, staring with a scary sense of hope. the kind that is annoyingly hopeful where you want to smash it's head with a rock so it'll stop staring. Or... an annoying cat stare as it is also known as. "Thanks Yasuo! Meow!"

At that, she sits patiently and waits for him to do whatever he's going to do.

(meow... this post wasn't that great, but I'm mulling over something... but not what I was earlier, so don't worry.)

Elwen folds her arms over her chest. "It's /Elwen/, not 'Ki.'" the little thief complains. "And don't forget it, either! I'll be the greatest thief in the spirit world someday.../everyone's/ going to know my name!"

"Mmmph..." =he supressed a laugh behind his other gloved hand= "Oh what am I going to do with you?!" =he rubbed his eyes, looking suddenly extremely worse for wear= "I can hardly take care of myself, how am I supposed to take of an almost-but not quite human kitten...thing as well as Ki?" =he asked himself= "Jeeze, kid! I'm not good at this...You shouldn't thank me..." =he groaned and sat down on the ground= "What am I supposed to do?!" =he looked at Cyndy= "Don't worry, kid, I won't abandon ya or nothin...not intentionally...if I made a promise as you said, I intend to keep it, whether I was drunk at the time or not."

[[la well...worrying about everything is a little bit of a norm dude. I worry about my locker sponatneously growing mold and spawning a new age satan. Smells like hell in there.]]

Edited by autumn_sun

((OOC: A six foot tall anthro-wolf looked up at a less than one foot tall kitten... who is annoyingly staring at him on the ground?!

The small kitten continues to stare at her Irish mentor, wonderng if he'll have to do a backflip or something before the thought of what he said catches up to her brain. "Yasuo! you didn't promise them to take care of them, just me!" she twitches her tail back and forth as she goes back to her anticipation, intentionally ignoring the self-proclaimed 'greatest thief of the spirit world'.

As she sits there, looking down? on Yasuo she finds more tuna-riding thoughts cross her mind about the kitsune. why would anyone steal anything... and be proud of it? And why would anyone be so full of themselves? and why would they turn down a cookie?

she goes back to staring at Yasuo with hope and annoyance. "Really, you'll keep your promise? Meow!(OOC:...I get so sentimental. *tear...*)

[[=blushes= er...sorry...I'll edit that...merf...Sentimental? I just get mental...ok that was lame.]]

=he looks over at Ki= "I have to take care of her, her slew of other guardians...aunts...whatever will slaughter me if I don't. Or at least turn me in." =he shudders despite himself, touching his side briefly, clothing hiding a fresh scar= "And I doubt if you'll get me into TOO much trouble...mebbe having a little kid as well as a cat around will finally convince them that..." =he trails off, frowning slightly= "Yeah...."

Edited by autumn_sun