The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

wyldpatienz Application

Here's my application for membership. It might seem a little odd but I've been trying to break a writers' block by just writing bits and pieces of characters I still have an interest in. So, here's a....uhhhh....bit....or piece I guess.....

Her voice was husky, sand on silk, and contained a sly invitation he found impossible to ignore. Nodding, slack-mouthed, he stared at her, wanting her with the need of younger days.

"Her eyes are so black." he mused, drifting away.

She stepped closer and his thoughts strayed back to a summer storm earlier that week, the pale yellow charge of quiet before the crash of thunder.

(that's her nature, that hushed expectancy...)

How had he ever thought her to be nothing more than just a girl? She was beautiful and the black of her hair spread on the dark earth beneath a bone white moon called to him in words unknown and he saw himself with this vision, laying with her, filling her with all the gifts he had to offer. And the moon would hide its grin and it would be so black and cold. And good.

(and the things she'd teach me...the eyes of the dark...shadows in shadows...attending the danse arm in arm, where the mummers wear lunatic smiles and little else....and our souls unmask at midnight beneath a phantom moon.....)

He fell back, his hands scrabbling behind him and clutching at the comfortably solid dirt, his arthritis nothing but a dim memory.

Yeah, I know its odd,lol.....

Tyler

Wyldpatienz sits patiently in his applicant easychair while simultaneously growing more and more wild by the minute... The applicant had applied in the hopes of becoming a Pen member a week ago, but the reptilian Elder of Initiates Wyvern had yet to arrive at the office to fufill his duties as the Pen's recruiter... Twiddling his fingers nervously and wondering if the rather abstract and sensual nature of his application had caused Wyvern to deliberatly avoid entering the Office at all, the worried applicant lifts himself from his seat and is about to wander out towards the main hall to express his concerns when Wyvern suddenly dashes into the room through the main entrance. Nodding to wyldpatiencz and giving him a scaly thumbs up, the lizard swiftly grabs the miniature story application out of wyldpatienz's hands and reads it over several times thoroughly. Raising a curious brow at several points in the story and muttering something about symbolism, the overgrown lizard sets the application down on his desk top and happily exclaims:

"Interesting application, wyldpatienz... certainly worthy of acceptance, though I might want to propose a few things to you first."

Having said this, he overgrown lizard whips out a cash register and several large boxes, grinning and hissing greedily to himself. Pointing to a box located directly at his right, the geld-obsessed Elder hisses:

"You mention that the woman of the piece has a husky voice... well, that can be cured! Introducing: new and improved Wyvie Wash™! It's the ultimate mouth wash and voice smoothener!"

With that, Wyvern reaches into the box to his right and pulls out a large flask, handing it to the startled Pen application. Looking at the label on the back of the bottled liquid, wyldpatienz reads:

Wyvie Wash: turns voices sounding like sand on silk to silk on sand, or something along those lines. Warning: voices after consuming this product may also sound like fingers across a black board..

Wyldpatienz turns the strange looking bottle in his hands for a moment, and is about to decline Wyvern's offer when the overgrown lizard suddenly whips out a few more products from the numerous boxes surrounding him and exclaims:

"For the 'need of younger days', I have some left over Wyvie Wype™ youth inducing formulas! For your future pale yellow charge needs, I have this half-broken yellow lava lamp that was only used once by an Ancient Pen towel salesman! I also have some prerecorded hushed expectancies if you need some of those... and gifts! Let's not forget the gifts...!"

Much to wyldpatienz's dismay, Wyvern's sales rantings go on for a few hours in this way... The poor applicant is continuously handed products during this time, and the end result is his being practically buried in a mountain of Wyvern Incorporated merchandise. After wyldpatienz has turned down all of the overgrown lizard's overcharged sales attempts, Wyvern sighs and stamps wyld's application ACCEPTED.

;-)

OOC: An ACCEPTED application, wyldpatienz, welcome to the Mighty Pen! My apologies for the lateness of my response... Be sure to either post your e-mail address here or mail me at elitwack90@hotmail.com so that I can send you some additional Pen info.

WyldPatienz casually glances down at her lap, wondering how the lizard could mistake her for a male.

"Hmmm....nothing seems to be protruding..", she thought, eyeing the lizard with suspicion.

"Could it possibly be...the rather abstract and sensual nature of the application? Nahhh....that couldn't be it.....I don't think it needed to have one of my patented "Caution! Pervert At Work!" stickers on it..."

She shifts uneasily as the lizard, muttering to himself, begins to pull box after box off of a dusty shelf. Box. After. Box. After. Box. Wyld knows she's in for the long haul.

"Uhhhh....you know," she begins, precariously balancing hastily proffered bottles. "I...uhhhh....used to write strictly horror....and...uhhh....one of the stories I published was about a half-crazed Amway salesman that..."

She pauses, watching the scaly lizard's tail slap the ground for balance as he upends himself in a particularly large box.

"I...uhhhh....you know....hide from Mormons....and I've never bought a Kirby...so you're really wasting your time......"

She sits back down with a heavy sigh.

"Looks like I'll be here for awhile...." she thinks. "I sure hope one of my room mates takes my pet oyster out for a walk, he gets so cranky when he has to stay in all day..."

WyldPatienz@darkhorsefan.net