The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Contest at Poetry.com

WrenWind

Poetry in Motion ...they give you a selection of words and ask you to use up to 20 of them to create a poem 100$/day is awarded .. it is a cool exersize

Poetry in Motion Contest

This is what i came up with today

soft wind remembers love

laugh again

night falls

kiss desire

salty tear

everything fogs

heart holds love forever

Wren :fairy:

Edited by WrenWind

A small word of warning to those who are interested in participating: be very very careful in your dealings with Poetry.com. They have a horrible reputation in the professional writing world for ripping people off.

=/ Sorry to add such a negative note, it's just good to know who you're going up against when putting your work out.

I had heard the same thing from a former coworker about Poetry.com. She was supposed to have won something, but she couldn't go to the little convention to receive her reward, and she would have had to have paid $160 to have someone else accept her award for her and read her poem. And from what she told me, the only way your poetry will actually get published is if you buy the anthology it's in. :unsure: Not quite sure though...just relating it as it was told to me.

I don't figure i will ever win but i like the way this particular contest makes you work with a specific set of words and limited number ..... a little brainwork each day :) i know about the other bit as i got the same thing about the conference and stuff .