The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Lies

WrenWind

Lies

This is in its "not quite sure what i was thinking" state but figured it might benifit from being pulled apart. Have at it!!

Lies all lies

Every day I say I love you

lies

It's not that I don't care

I do

Love on the other hand

no

not the love you feel for me

Lies all lies

if I live it long enough will it be different?

I doubt

some day it will all catch up to me

Lies all the lies

Hmm, I think the repetation of the statement "Lies all lies" takes away from it. I would leave it at the top but remove the second posting of it. The one at the end varies slightly so it is alright. I think your examples portray the frustration without the extra in your face wording of "Lies all lies."

Formatting might also help, maybe adding some commas to slow the word flow..and a period here or there to mark the end of a complete thought.

You could post this in "The Writers Workshop" if you wanted some more in dept crits if it is a work in progress.

Edited by Rune

I like the broken meter of the lines... it really adds a feeling of desperation, disturbance, or extreme emotional stress to the poem. Instead of repeating Lies all lies in the last stanza, why not put something like, "All lies"? You have fragments of the saying elsewhere, so it would fit well, and still reinforce the message. It would sound even more like a broken person's teary jumbled rantings. =)

I like it!