the worst person I know.

I hate my family,

a bunch of liars they be,

nothing but broken promises,

nothing but lies and hatred.

They blame everyone but themselves,

for things that mean nothing,

I hope in death they shall learn,

take nothing for granted, and never get hurt.

They tell false tales,

change stories often,

never once they see,

their mind distorted.

In a final battle I shall win,

they mean nothing to me, not even dead,

I shall never bury them, never cry,

when dead, my family, is just by name, nothing else.

Peredhil wanders into THIS thread confused, as he's just read the OTHER thread.

Scratching his head, he ponders, "Which one is the application? Are either one?"

"Who is the Mole?"

Peredhil wanders away, content that Wyvern or Melba will have to sort all this out.

Jamesdevin,

Thanks for choosing to apply for membership in the Mighty Pen. As Peredhil has pointed out, you should choose which of the two threads you posted you'd like to have counted as your application... though actually, what would be ideal for me is if you were to post one more new poem here as an app. It isn't necessary, since posting things you've posted on other Pen forums as your application is by no means breaking any rules, but it would be nice never the less...

Anyhoo, I'll get to my "verdict" response when you decide which of your posts you'd like to use as an app or post a new poem for your app.

Having stated his final verdict on what he would have considered as his Pen application, Jamesdevin nonchalantly tosses his previous poem "Just by Name" onto Wyvern's desk, collapsing into a nearby applicant easy chair and crossing his arms as he waits for the overgrown lizard to consider his poem... Hissing to himself lazily, Wyvern takes his scaly feet off of his desk and puts down the latest "Sports Illustrated: Random Models Since we Needed Even More Girls in Bikinis Issue" that he had been skimming through... The overgrown lizard then turns to the new application laying on his table and reads over it a few times, taking long sips from the Decanter of Endless Booze at brief minute intervals as he does so. After having finished going over the application, Wyvern reaches for his acceptance stamp when he suddenly notices an intriguing piece of information listed in the applicant's signature...

"Finding out the poem is about you is priceless"... The word "priceless" echoes through Wyvern's mind, and the overgrown lizard's thoughts immediatly turn to his typical greedy scheming... If Wyv could hijack the meaning of the poem and prove that it was about himself in some way, he might be able to achieve infinite wealth and riches!

Slowly placing the acceptance stamp back in it's original position on his desk, Wyvern decides to go over the application poem carefully once more in order to find ways in which he might be able to relate it to his own persona... Snickering evilly to himself and turning towards Jamesdevin, the overgrown lizard grins a large grin displaying his razor-sharp teeth and hisses:

"It'ssss a nice poem, Jamesss... and one which relates to myself quite well, I must say! In fact, I'm certain that this poem is all about me!!!"

Jamesdevin raises a brow and rises from his seat, muttering "Errrr... well actually..."

"Wait... before you say anything, allow me to state my reasoning!" exclaims Wyvern sinisterly, picking up the poem and pointing a scaly finger towards various lines. "I have proof!"

Jamesdevin squints at the lines that Wyvern is pointing to...

"As you can see..." continues Wyvern gleefully "... the imagery referring to 'broken promises', 'lies', 'hatred', 'blaming others rather than oneself', and especially that of a 'distorted mind' obviously refer to me and my zealous scheming!"

"Ummm..." responds Jamesdevin hesitantly "... actually I meant..."

"And then" interrupts Wyvern quickly "there's also the manner in which the lines of the stanzas grow longer and more complicated as the poem progresses, only to once again go back to the shorter lines in the fourth stanza. This is reminscent of my schemes, in the way that they further develope when executed yet ultimately fail, only to start over again!"

"Well actually..." murmers Jamesdevin timidly "I hate to break this to you, Mr. Wyvern, but the poem is not really supposed to be about you..."

Upon hearing this, the reptilian Elder of Initiates lets out a dismal sigh of disappointment and stamps Jamesdevin's application "ACCEPTED", mumbeling that he was almost sure that the "worsening by the day" comment was referring to his laziness...

;p

OOC: An ACCEPTED application, Jamesdevin, welcome to the Mighty Pen! :) Be sure to post your e-mail address in this thread or mail me at elitwack90@hotmail.com so that I can send you some additional guild onfo.