The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

The Racer

Tasslehoff

OOC: Ok, I am going to try this little piece, I mean, I dont know how it is going to work, so we will see.

Basically, I am just going to start writing, I dont know where it will lead.. The story will be more or less real life, but the catch is that anyone here, can add in their thoughts, their own lines.. So basically, The Pen gets to decide what happens next with *my new life* Got it? :unsure:

Slowly opening the front door, and closing it behind him, making sure to be as quiet as possible as to not wake the parents, Ryan pulls out a set of keys, locks just one lock and continues up the driveway to his truck, which is parked on the opposite side of the street, just waiting to be drove. Slowly opening the driver side door and climbing in the truck, Ryan tries despartly to start the truck, but as usual floods the engine and therefore has to sit in the freezing cold for just a moment longer

" Gosh Darn it.. Maybe on of these days I can actually get a hunk of junk that will actually work. " mumbled Ryan as he tries one more time to turn the engine over.. After a second try the motor roars to life and trys to low idle, but do the extremely cold weather, it once again dies.

" Oh Crap! I am for sure going to wake the parents.. ARG! "

After waiting for just one more minute Ryan turns the ignition over and starts the engine, immediatly putting it into drive and coasting at low RPMS down the street and around the corner, where he stops and warms the truck up some more, thus enabling him to drive, with out stalling the motor, again and again.

" Finally. I swear, I hate this truck sometimes " jokes Ryan as he pats the dashboard. " All I can ask is that you stand by me tonight baby.. Just one more night "

With a quick tap of the gas and a shift from Park to Drive, Ryan drives off into the dark night to meet with his friends at the local race spot for a night of fun, cars, woman, and well, racing.

OCC: Is that an okies start?

OOC: hehe, It is your story Tassle! you should decide if it was an ok start! I personally think it was quite uber wicked and am glad you posted it!

Stopping at the local gas station to fuel up before the night's events, Ryan notices a familiar face inside the store. After filling the tank he walks towards the tiny window to pay for his purchase. His eye's remain locked on the figure inside. Glancing for a brief moment at the old man who rudely coughs into the speaker he jams the 10 bucks into the payment tray and heads back to the truck.

"Why does that person look familiar?" He thought out loud. Before leaving he looked back one last time to attempt to jar his memory before shrugging to himself and driving off.

Edited by Rune

OOC: Thanks Rune

After heading off down the roads back towards his house, Ryan slowly wonders how the night went by so quickly. He could barely remember any of the races, the cars or any of the pretty faces that where always out there on Saturday Nights. Still pondering who this old man was and why he knew em, Ryan turned off of I-5 and onto Interstate 44 East, smashing the gas petal and racing off towards his exit.. As Ryan pulled off at Shasta View, he heard the distant ring of his phone.. After pulling off a local gastation, Ryan picks up his phone, flips it open and answers..

" Hello ? " answers Ryan

" Hey. What you doing? " ask the femine voice on the other phone

" Nothing much. On my way home, Just got back from some race, you? Why you up so late? "

" Umm. Well I was wondering if we could me up? I really need to talk with you.. Its important.. Its about.. Well I will tell you when you get here. "

" Yea Sure.. Where you want to me at? The Sacramento Park? Sounds good. Be there soon.. " says Ryan as he hangs up the phone.

After starting his truck once more, Ryan puts it into drive, flips a U-turn and pull sback onto the highway at full speed, heading towards the Park.. With the windows down, his newest CD blaring, Ryan cruises at 70 MPH wondering what lays ahead of him tonight..