The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Application

Guest Sorceror Diessl

Guest Sorceror Diessl

Hello, I am sorceror Diessl, and I'm thinking of applying to "The Pen is Mightier than the Sword".

Life

Life has no definition,

Life is a story, a book that comes alive,

Containing many pages and chapters,

As the cover turns…

Life begins,

But no good story is a simple one,

A turn of the page, and a conflict begins, a goal,

The characters we encounter are our acquaintances,

We’re left unknown to their thoughts and feelings,

Is the main character left in betrayal?

Another turn of the page…

Now the book cries tears, the goal seems unattainable

Life is left to correct itself, to pull though human spirit,

As each and every page turns…

The conflict grows in magnitude,

And then it hits you, deep in your mind,

Deep inside the recesses of the book,

The climax, the tension released like an earthquake,

You and the protagonist is left alone, unknown,

To make the greatest decision in life,

Only after we’ve read the last pages,

Do we see the solution, the conflict resolved,

The definition of life, and its true meaning,

But it is too late, the book now ends, the cover turns,

And with that cover, the book, life itself…

I enjoy comtemplating about life, and the tests of time, humanity, history, and religion. I'm really fascinated by the spiritual beliefs of Buddhism, and the current politics of that region. I think that i could provide some contribution to these message boards.

Guest Kokuryuu Flameshifter

Niiiice. Now thats the one for English you say... Hn, mine sucked for that... I hate when you have to write with limits... Anywho, I think you're gonna get in.. but that's up to Wyvern

(O yeah; I RECOMENDED YOU TO COME HERE!! )

Edited by: Kokuryuu Flameshifter at: 12/23/02 7:44:10 pm

*walks past musing about how he is illiterate* (#2)

Very well written. I see a poet in the making.

One thing to criticize on: Don't advertise that you can contribute to this community. That is one of our standards. We can see for ourselves that you have talent, and Wyv will prol'y accept, if you don't insistently beg. He is kinda slow in replying.

===Vlad the rage-aholic===

I can't live without rage-ahol!

"Me is smart. Dur." -Stick

Guest Rhapsody

WOW!! First off, very well written. I espeically liked the fragmented prose form. I, too, foresee a new talent of a Poet.

Maybe this isn't the place to discuss it, but what do you think of Buddhism? I happen to be Buddhist, albeit one not well-versed, but I'd like to discuss it with you, if you'll have me.

um vlad... don't think he ment anyting by it, except that he thought he could contribute... context seems polite/introspective to my eyes... but then again, i'm really really tired, so could be off....

revery

the dreamlost

"lo, lo, lo..."

the dream continues...

As Sorceror Diessl continues to wait patiently in his applicant easy chair, pondering where the infamous Elder of Initiates could be at the moment, he hears a distant chanting coming from one of the Pen's many Halls. As the sounds of chanting get closer and closer to the Office, they become clearer and clearer until Diessl can finally begin making out the words being chanted:

"Hi ho, hi ho

Responding to apps is slow

With Wyvern gone

We sing our song

Hi ho... hi ho hi ho hi ho..."

Curious about the approaching sounds, Sorceror Diessl turns to the entrance door of the Office only to be greeted by the 7 Elder Dwarves of the Pen, each of which bows to him while humming their song and marching into the Office. After all 7 of the dwarves have arrived, the first dwarf (Greedy) takes his application, looks it over, and says:

"Life is definitely like a book... a book of get rich quick schemes! Each page contains new ideas about how to make geld!"

Snatching the application from Greedy, Grouchy (the second Elder dwarf) grumbles while looking it over and then growls:

"I think it's more like a book of "Yo Mama" punchlines... Just one big, insulting joke..."

Wacky then grabs the sheet from Grouchy, and exclaims:

"Wrong!!! I think it's like a coloring book that you choose how to paint! And mine'll be neon turquois-purple with polka dots!"

Following Wacky's comments, Shiny declares:

"Mine would be painted in extra shiny silver, with plenty of glow-in-the-dark sparklies..."

Sexy then takes the application from Wacky in one smooth swoop and, looking it over, mutters:

"I think it would be more like a glamour magazine... plenty of celebrities, fine outfits, and the occasional scent of cologn."

Silly peeps at the application from over Sexy's shoulder, and then holds up a sign that reads:

"I still say that life is more like a pineapple than a book... prickly and rough on the outside, but sweet and delcious at it's heart..."

Finally, Courteousy reaches the application and looks it over politely before kindly stating:

"Indeed... life can be read as many different kinds of books, yet ultimately the pages all turn in similar manners..."

With that, the elder Dwarves all grin (with the exception of Idly, who was currently several miles away from the guild watching an extremely tense horror movie and clenching his teeth) and stamp Sorceror Diessl's application "ACCEPTED".

OOC: An ACCEPTED application, Sorceror Diessl... welcome to the Mighty Pen! Be certain to post your e-mail address here or send me a mail at elitwack90@hotmail.com so that I can get you the password info and such... Once again, welcome!

P.S: Idly will also give an opinion on what his idea of life as a book would be, in about a week due to his idleness...

Editted for the typical gender confusion that seems to crop up more and more in my responses for some reason... Thanks for pointing it out, Gyr. ;p

------------------------------

Almost a Dragon...

"If it doesn't make dollars then it doesn't make sense" - Triple Seis, "Glamour Life"

Owner of the Decanter of Endless Booze.

Edited by: Wyvern00  at: 12/28/02 11:45:00 pm

Guest Sorceror Diessl

thank you for accepting my application. My e-Mail is MadSciDiessl1@aol.com, so if you have private stuff to e-mail me, then you can write to that address.