Forever gone, and you I'd miss

Forgive me that I have no security

I lack this above all my human flaws

And as the water flows beneath my toes

I wait to take you coldly by the hand

Shaken with love I cannot understand

Edited by: crowgirl1126 at: 12/1/02 3:23:17 pm

Guest crowgirl1126

thank you... I was nervous for I see so much talent, and feel the passion of all of those here, bonding in creativity and expression...I just want to share in this beautiful gift

Guest White Rose Oujisama

I can only speak for myself on this, as I have only joined quite recently. *nods* but you should get along fine...

-Ouji-Sama the Dependent

What a lovely use of imagery, metaphor and all of the good stuff! This poem speaks, and unlike many poems, it does not limit itself. It leaves so much to be pondered, and so many roads to take. Perhaps one of the best poems I've read on The Pen yet. I mean that.

Welcome to The Pen.

-Icarus

Really good. At the rate we're getting new poetic talent... I'm gonna be out of a job (not that I do it well to begin with, mind you, but we're not discussing me ). Welcome to the Pen, hope you feel at home.

Degenero, the 'one and only'

"The death of one is a tragedy, the death of millions is just a statistic." - Joseph Stalin, 1946

This is very good indeed. The picture you paint is definetly worth a thousand words, even though you only gave it... *too lazy to count* ...several.

damn you, Degenero. I found that quote a few days ago and was thinking of replacing the 'Me is smart' with it. Oh well, you got to it first, enjoy! :/

---Vlad the Imploder---

No relation to Vlad the Impaler

"Me is smart. Dur." -Stick

Who needs paint with image crafters like these?

Vlad, I've used it for quite a while, but since no pictures can be used anymore, I figured I'd put my favorite text.

Degenero, the 'one and only'

"The death of one is a tragedy, the death of millions is just a statistic." - Joseph Stalin, 1946

Seated in an applicant easy chair while waiting for the Elder of Initiates to arrive, Crowgirl grins from ear to ear as she receives numerous compliments from various Pen members passing by the Recruiter's Office... Melba, the Almost Secretary of Initiates, also throws in a few compliments of her own, encouraging Crowgirl to be patient and to wait for Wyvern's arrival before briefly heading out to fetch herself a strong cup of coffee. The other Pen members complimenting her application also leave the office, going back to their daily routines and getting to their scholarly readings and writings... With the departure of Melba and the rest of the Pen members, Crowgirl suddenly finds herself alone in the office... or so it seemed...

No sooner have all of the friendly members left the office chamber than the entrance of the room is suddenly shut and locked by an unseen figure... Crowgirl looks up from her position at the applicant easy chair curiously, motionless and somewhat nervous from the forceful manner that the door was closed... What meets the applicant's eyes strikes an icy bolt of fear into her heart...

Standing in a line that covered the exit of the room were a total of four hungry-looking cats, each looking Crowgirl over with a mischievous gleam in their eye. Lady Celes Crusader's cats, Cambronne and Carbone, were the first of the four standing in line, meowing to one another while giving each other that "I'm going to be the first one that gets the wish bone" look. Next in line was Katzaniel in her fully converted giant tiger form, purring hungrily to herself and licking her lips while looking in Crowgirl's general direction. Last in line was the Dope who, though human and not a cat in the flesh, wore a large clock-like medallion reminiscent of Public Enemy's Flavor Flave on which there was written "I'm a hip cat too!"

Noticing the way that the cats are gazing hungrily in her direction, Crowgirl nervously backs into a corner of the room and prays for the best... Her terrors are greatly amplified, however, when she notices all of the cats attaching dining bibs to their necks that read "Thank God that Wyvern is such a slow Recruiter... otherwise, we'd never get half as much to eat!"

Crowgirl stutters in fear as the cats begin advancing towards her, and is about to cry for help when suddenly she notices that the four felines seem to be less interested in her than they are in Wyvern's desk... The applicant watches in amazement as the cat's raid the desk of the Elder of Initiates until they find several different varieties of junk food, which they then begin devouring with the utmost glee. Noticing Crowgirl sitting alone in the corner, Katzaniel wanders up to her and offers her some cheezy goldfish crackers...

At the desk, the Dope wips out Wyvern's acceptance stamp while chewing on a KitKat bar and stamps Crowgirl's application "ACCEPTED".

;p

OOC: An ACCEPTED application Crowgirl, welcome to the Mighty Pen!

Be sure to either post your e-mail here or mail me at elitwack90@hotmail.com, so that I can send you the password info and such...

------------------------------

Almost a Dragon...

"If it doesn't make dollars then it doesn't make sense" - Triple Seis, "Glamour Life"

Owner of the Decanter of Endless Booze.

Edited by: Wyvern00  at: 12/2/02 10:53:24 pm

Guest crowgirl1126

Thank you to all for reading and commenting. A special thank you to Wyvern00, for that wonderful introduction. I look forward to posting and commenting.

Edited by: crowgirl1126 at: 12/6/02 7:53:34 am