The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

My humble application...

Guest Psimon2001

Guest Psimon2001

The dream was always the same...

The woman, battered, bleeding. Alone in her agony yet surrounded by those who should protect her.

The pale faces are grim as they inflict fresh pain on her wrecked body. She is beyond tears, beyond screams. She is reduced to guttural sounds, no more than an animal might make, yet they demand speech from her.

Not full speech - just a single word.

"Renounce him!" they demand.

She grunts.

"What is your answer?" they shout.

She spits at them, though there is precious little left to hurl at them and she lacks the strength for the distance required.

"Renounce him. For pity's sake, girl. Renounce him..." they plead.

A dry whisper cracks the sores that fester in her mouth.

They lean close to hear her reply.

The blood flows down her throat.

"Never..." she breathes. It is her last.

The man, battered, bleeding. Alone in his agony yet surrounded by those who once respected and feared him.

The dark faces are resolute as they inflict fresh pain on his wrecked body. He has no tears, he will not scream. They only ask one word from him.

"Renounce her!" they demand.

He curses.

"Is that your answer?" they shout.

He spits at them, though there is precious little left to hurl at them and he lacks the strength for the distance required.

"Just look at yourself! Once the mightiest of us... You're pathetic" they mock.

The blade passes across his throat. They lean close to gloat over him.

The blood flows down his chest.

"Never..." he breathes. It is his last.

The dream was always the same...

formerly, but it is the same guy.

----------

the question is always the same with a dragon: Will he talk to you or will he eat you. If you can be sure of his doing the former and not the latter why then you're a dragon lord"- Ursula le Guin

The dream was always the same... well, sometimes the same... O.K, basically sharing the same themes... although then again, that would depend on which psychological perspective you'd use to analyze them... and besides, this would probably be considered more of a nightmare... So, for the sake of simplicity and the avoidance of psycho-analytical phallic references, let's just continue with the narrative...

The lizard, broke as hell, drunk off booze. Alone in his poverty yet surrounded by those who were supposed to give him financial aid.

"Pay your dues!" they demand.

He whines.

"Is that your answer?" they wail.

He snorts and belches at them, though the flame that exits his mouth lacks precision and misses them by a mile, accidentaly hitting Melba straight on the head and lighting her hair on fire.

"Just look at yourself! I mean, you were never the mightiest of us... in fact you never even came remotely close. But now, you've definitely reached an all time low! I mean, could you at least use a deoderant for that wretched stench!?" they exclaim, holding their noses in disgust.

The legal document passes in front of his eyes. They stand as far back as they can, terrified of his sickening demeanor.

The booze flows down his chin.

"I'm gonna barf..." he breaths, before stamping Psimon's application "ACCEPTED". At the thought of Wyvern's vomit, the legal suites surrounding him all turn and flee...

Say... wait a minute... this isn't even a dream. It's a page from Wyvern's journal! In fact, it seems many of his daily routines start this way...

OOC: A well written application and the beginning of a very intriguing-looking story, Psimon. Certainly ACCEPTED, welcome to the Pen! Please post your e-mail in this thread or drop me a mail at elitwack90@hotmail.com so that I can send you the password info and stuff. I highly look forward to the continuation of your story, and will be sure to become and avid follower of it. Once again, welcome!

[image]http://members.shaw.ca/kea/am/wyvy.jpg[/image]

------------------------------

Almost a Dragon...

"My life is one big crime, I try to scheme through it." -Common, "The 6th Sense"

Owner of the Decanter of Endless Booze.

Edited by: Wyvern00  at: 9/14/02 10:02:19 pm

Guest Psimon2001

The two-tone elf bows his head and sighs wearily...

"Thank you, kind Wyvern. Thank you indeed. It is but a single dream in two parts. It is the only dream I have ever had... and it is the dream I have every time I sleep. It is the moment of my parents' deaths. I was but three weeks old, hidden away, when they captured them."

He shakes his head slowly, a single tear falls.

"They tortured them for days. They should not have had to endure that pain alone... so it was that I shared it with them... up to and including the moment of their deaths."

He blinks away the tear. His face is composed once more - still, indefatigable, stoic.

A steady hand accepts his copy of the legal document. He turns and walks slowly to the door. Pausing, his hand on the door... "Oh... you might like to try non-alcoholic cider on your next drinking binge. Just a suggestion...," then he is gone.

OOC: It is the very start of my book...

Thanks again.