Baby I love you

And yes it's true

So don't ever wonder if I'm with someone new

Because there is just something about you

That makes me want you all the time

And baby it's your love

And now i can see you were sent from above

-DoPeY

Soon Dopey is seated sweating bullets as the poet fills out line after line of questionaire.

Suddenly the Applicant pauses.

Looking up and seeing only Melba, the querilous voice rings out,

"In the directions to part 23 here, I can skip parts 1-22 and 24-113 if I completely fill-in all my bank account and credit card numbers?"

Melba pushes her glitter-framed glasses with designer chain up onto her forehead and pinches the bridge of her nose tightly.

It looks as though she's counting to a very large number silently.

"Oy! He's managed to switch forms on me AGAIN!

With many muttered depreciatory remarks she hunts through her neatly organized stacks. Turning a bright red to match her died hair, she gets down on her hands and knees and begins looking under the desk.

An alarming view of the support hose sticking out from the flower print dress causes Dopey to turn away...

"How can someone who's NEVER around mutter mutter mutter Didn't even set off ANY alarms, magical OR non, this time mutter grumble

"HA!"

Dopey turns back at the cry of triumph. In the midst of a pile of papers, office supplies, magical tomes and bon-bons, Melba has found an envelope taped to the inside of a false bottomed drawer.

Heaving erect and shedding paperwork like a majestic whale, she lumbers over to Dopey with the Short Application Form.

"Just fill this out, Deary, and then have a seat in the waiting room. I'll fix up some cookies and milk. It could be a long time. Poor little chick, you're nothing but skin and bones, it's not healthy not to eat."

Melba's ample padding give evidence she practices what she preaches.

Pointedly ignoring the heaping mess which obscure view of where her desk used to be, Melba moves off toward the kitchen.

Edited by: Melba at: 1/14/02 5:44:18 am

Melba and DoPeY24 suddenly pause as an announcer wearing 'Malt Dizzey' plaid shirt and nerdy looking light brown pants enters the room. The announcer quickly wips out a microphone from his back pocket and exclaims at an unnecessarily high volume:

"Ladies and gentlemen...!!! Replacing Wyvern in his office today are some special guest recruiters!!! Please give a warm welcome to... The Seven Dwarves of the Pen!!!"

The theme music to the show "A-Team" starts up...

Dopey and Melba both turn their heads towards the sound of singing, which is coming closer and closer to the door of the office. The song the voices are singing goes:

"Hi ho! Hi ho!

Responding to apps is slow!

Wyvern's a bast, but we've got class!

Hi ho! Hi ho, hi ho, hi ho..."

Dopey and Melba stare in awe as into the door of the office walk seven impish creatures, each of which in some way ressembles an Elder of the Pen. As the dwarves pass by the applicant, they each introduce themselves:

"I'm Greedy." hisses the first dwarf, which looks like a mini-version of Wyvern. As he passes by, he licks his lips eyeing Dopey's geld pouch...

"I'm Grouchy..." mumbles the second dwarf, which bears a certain ressemblance to Jechum. As the dwarf marches onward, he spits angrily at the ground and throws curses in the air.

"I'm Wacky!!!" exclaims the third dwarf fanaticaly, sticking out his toungue and suddenly bouncing around the room. One could have easily mistaken the comic dwarf for a shrunken Zool...

"I'm Sleazy..." belches the fourth, which appears to be a mini-Lumpenproletariat. The dwarf makes chewbakka growling noises and chuckles as he passes...

"I'm Shiny!" shouts the fifth, performing a little spin to show off the sparkly cloths she's wearing along with her bright neon hairdoo. If one were to watch the dwarf pass, one would be reminded of Rydia...

"I'm Sexy." purrs the sixth dwarf as he struts onto the scene, combing his hair with one hand and looking in a mirror with the other. This one looked somewhat like a very small Orlan...

Finally, the seventh dwarf enters the room, shuts the door silently after himself, and bows before introducing himself. "I am Courtesy." he says politely bowing. This dwarf had 'Peredhil' written all over him...

The seven dwarves Greedy, Grouchy, Wacky, Sleazy, Shiny, Sexy and Courtesy all gather around Dopey's application and begin discussing. Several whispers can be heard as they chat amongst themselves...

"Sell it, I say!"

"Awww... I didn't need another app to respond to... *grumble, grumble*"

"Oooooo! Lemme see! Lemme see!" The sound of an enormous amount of frantic scribbling can be heard.

"Can I use it as a tissue?"

"Needs to be more shiny!" The sound of the spilling of florescent glue and the shaking of sparkly shakes can be heard

"A love poem... looks pretty sexy to me."

"I think it would be only polite to accept it..."

Finally, after ten minutes or so of discussion, the Seven Dwarves of the Pen hand back dopey his application. The applicant squints due to the brighteness of the page, but is happy when he see's the word 'ACCEPTED' scribbled several times all over the sheet.

OOC: Good poetry Dopey, reminds of a number of love songs. Your accepted as an initiate of the Pen, keep up the good work.

[image]http://www.legion-whiterose.com/signatures/aoa/wyv.gif[/image]

------------------------------

Almost a Dragon...

"My life is one big crime, I try to scheme through it." -Common, "The 6th Sense"

Owner of the Decanter of Endless Booze.