The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Joining

::Walks into the recruitment room, long black hair partially hiding her face. She carries three leather bound books, matching light brown covers and ribbons streaming from their edges where the places are marked.::

I heard this was a place for free writing? I have a great wish to have someone critique my work, but I needed such a forum...

::She suddenly trails off, tilting her head tot he side as if hearing some inner voice. Her dark eyes are blankly staring, yet her figners move as if they are writing.::

"Love, Anger, Happiness, Hate

In some way, they all relate.

Happiness with one

Frolick and run.

Love grows

Begins to show.

Anger at words

Happiness curds

Bits of Hate

They all relate."

::Suddenly her eyes get their life back and she looks at the freshly written words.::

"I can give a further demonstration if you wish, but I write, roleplay, and draw. A book for poems, one for stories, and one for my sketches."

::Her eyes shift to the person behind the desk, slightly questioning.::

Peredhil, walking back with Bhurin's contact information, cheers the newest applicant's poem, but unfortunately has little time to stop and chat.

"I do hope you'll be patient on our Elder of Initiates," Peredhil says, gesturing at the brooding Elder, "he's thinking about how to get the most presents during the holidays."

"Feel free to join in any of the public boards, I'm sure you'll find some of the feedback you desire."

"Also don't be reluctant to provide feedback of your own. Many here are starved for echos of creativity and intelligence!"

"Again welcome welcome!"

"Please forgive me my haste!"

Peredhil bows and hastens toward the door.

Elrond Peredhil, 31

Elder of Lists and Manners

Edit to match Wyvern's post.

Edited by: peredhil31 at: 12/28/01 5:11:38 am

Rahsash patiently awaits the response from the overgrown lizard wearing the tag "Elder of Initiates" seated behind the desk, unaware that it is actually nothing more then a life-size inflated Wyvern doll. Handing the phony Elder a quill to write with along with her application, the inflatable Wyvern is accidentaly poked and popped. Rahsash and Peredhil watch in amazement as the so called 'Elder of Initiates' deflates before there very eyes...

Frowning, the applicant turns to Elder Peredhil and demands an explanation. "What is the meaning of this? It's a bit early for April Fool's, don't you think...? Who will go over my application?"

Peredhil laughs nervously and is about to make up a response when a jingling noise is suddenly heard from the chimney in the far corner of the room. A few moments later, the real Elder Wyvern falls through the chimney and lands head first in the fireplace... Rahsash and Peredhil cough and cover their noses as the office is suddenly filled with clouds of soot...

After the dust has cleared, a soot covered Wyvern in a poorly tailored Santa outfit raises himself from the fireplace and begins hobbling towards the two onlookers. "Ho, Ho, *AhAAACKHACKHACK*! Meeeerrrry *cough* Xmas!"

Rahsash and Peredhil stare in amazement at this spectacle.

"Errrr... Wyvern..." starts Peredhil "...Christmas was a few days ago..."

Apparently not hearing Peredhil's words of wisdom, Santa-Wyvern reachs into his colorfull coat and pulls out a guitar of some sort.

"Here you are Peredhil!" exclaims the soot-covered lizard while handing Big P the instrument "Merry Christmas!"

Taking the guitar, Peredhil frowns and stares blankly at the instrument, as it has 'PROPERTY OF LUMPENPROLETARIAT' scrawled all over it in block neon letters...

"What about me...?" asks Rhasash politely to the lizard "Do I get a present...?"

Franticly searching for a gift of some sort to please his unexpected guest, Wyvern takes Rahsash's application, stamps it 'ACCEPTED', sticks a ribbon on it, and finally hands it back to the applicant grinning...

OOC: On a more serious note, Rahsash, a great poem that shows your writing ability. You're hereby accepted to the Pen, congratulations. I look forward to reading more of your writing. Also, if you'd like, you can feel free to post your art on the site.

[image]http://www.legion-whiterose.com/signatures/aoa/wyv.gif[/image]

------------------------------

Almost a Dragon...

"My life is one big crime, I try to scheme through it." -Common, "The 6th Sense"

Owner of the Decanter of Endless Booze.

Peredhil quickly casts a cleansing spell on his Armani suit and glares at Santa Wvyern. After a moment, he casts and cleans Rahsash Geldich's clothing as well.

Grasping the guitar firmly by its neck, he resists other neck-grasping motions. Turning away from Wyvern, he welcomes Rahsash with a Polite

"If you'll email me at peredhil31@hotmail.com, I'd be pleased to send you the password to the Critic's Corner..."