The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

I'm still washing off that stamp, Gyr

Guest Balladore

Guest Balladore

OOC: Well, I was going to apply, and then I chickened out, and then Gyr Stamped me with "The Pen Recruit stamp, so here goes.

IC: The darkness was penetrating. Only the sliver of a moon remained to illuminate the solitary traveler's path. The darkness had never bothered him... he had been born in the middle of the night out in a pasture, after all... Which, probably, added to his naturalistic sesne of being.

The Druid's staff clunked dully on the path as he walked, getting closer and closer to his destination. He had decided that on this short stretch from Xavier to the tavern, he would travel human... the rest he had covered in a day as a horse. He had a special talent for shapechanging-notable even for a druid.

Finally, he came to the tavern, which rang with merriment. He listened to the boisterous patrons inside, then knocked sharply on the door with the handle of his staff. The noise inside ceased immediately, and there was a pause for a moment before someone came to the door... It was a Bard, he could tell by the long flowing robes- and more importantly, the miniature harp-case that is slung over his shoulder.

"Yes?"

"I'm here to apply... Is this "The Pen is Mightier than the Sword?"

"It is... straight down that hall to the near-dragon's office- And don't let him take yer money!"

The Druid smiles, thinking to himself that He would have to have some money in order for the Dragon to take it.

He walks down the hall, still clunking his staff, and knocks with it sharply on that door. When there is no reply, he enters himself... To find the room empty.

He decides he had better wait in one of the chairs... he'd have to mind the spikes coming out of the back, of course, but he could make do. Oh, and he had better get out his writing to submit as an application:

~The Fire~

The fire calls, in the middle of the night

Burning inside, deep inside

The fire is burning- burning bringt

And the fire will not be denied

The paper's whiteness looks at you

Mocking you, Indeed

It wants some words upon it

For those, its filled with greed

It calls you to explain yourself, to write

It expects great things from you

Right now, Right here, Tonight

And writing is what you're forced to do.

Your stare blankly at the paper

Calling for the words

You struggle for something to write

Inside you, the fire burns.

Peredhil watches the Druid walk confidently through the room and back toward Wyvern's office.

I do believe I've met him before...

He'll find many old friends here - I hope he's pleasantly surprised by that, no matter how long Elder Wyvern takes to come back from his latest travel.

Guido snorts.

Travel? Does youse mean Scheme Boss?

Peredhil frowns quellingly, but can't hide the twinkle in his eye.

Now Now... be Polite!

Today, in the halls of the Mighty Pen, there was an unusual site indeed...

Wyvern had arrived from his latest venture. What was unusual about this was that on Wyvern's back were two enormous sacks brimming full of geld. As the overgrown lizard gleefully heads towards his office, several members gaze at his newly found treasures in awe. They had never seen Wyvern come back from an expedition with geld before...

Upon arriving at his office, his secretary notices Wyv's stash of geld and immediatly faints. Entering into his office room and setting down the two enormous bags with a ground-shaking *clunck!* Wyvern turns to Balladore and Peredhil and broadly grins.

Balladore is impressed to say the least. Peredhil can't believe his eyes.

"You... you actually made that much geld...?"

"YES!" exclaims Wyvern happily "I made LOADS of geld!" He begins dancing happily around the room with Balladore and Peredhil.

After having calmed down a bit, Wyv sits back in his office chair and relaxes. Beginning to look over Balladore's application, he mutters:

"Lemme tell you guys something. All that stuff they say about bank frauds being evil is totally uncorrect! It's a perfectly sneaky way of making geld! All I had to do was forge some signatures and extract money from this clueless druid gu-"

Wyvern choaks in mid-sentence as he see's Balladore's signature at the end of his application. It was the same signature he had been forging all week long. Wyv's mouth drops open.

"Wait a minute..." starts Balladore "...did you say 'druid guy'?"

Peredhil lays his head in his hands and moans, suddenly realizing the truth. Balladore wips out a crystal ball and checks his savings account, only to find that all the money's been extracted. He gazes furiously at Wyv and goes for his quarter stick...

"Wait!" cries Wyv "This is all one big horrible accident! I'll give you back the geld! Heck, I'll even throw in a free accepted application as well! Hows that?!!!"

With this, Wyvern stamps Balladore's application 'ACCEPTED'

OOC: Thanks for posting an application Balladore, I'm glad Gyr convinced you to do so. I really liked your poem. You've been accepted as an initiate, welcome to the Pen.

------------------------------

Almost a Dragon...

"My life is like one big crime: I try to scheme through it." -Common, "The 6th Sense"

Owner of the Decanter of Endless Booze.