The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Question

Guest Gaelen Bagwell

Guest Gaelen Bagwell

OOC: How do I go about applying to The Pen? The site that I used to belong to shut down, and I am looking for new outlets for creative expression. And--this might seem stupid--what is UBB?

You cannot appreciate peace until you have tasted war

Peredhil rubs his hands briskly together and removes his sunglasses. .

A question! Mine! Mine!

Turning to address Gaelen, he bows pendantically.

Greetings and welcome to the Pen is Mightier than the Sword.

To apply, you would write an introductory Role Played story or scenario such as the ones you'll find in this Recruiting area. A submission of your craft, writing, poetry, Role Playing, etc will greatly facillitate the process.

If accepted as Initiate, it means that we recognize you as someone we're considering for membership. Participation and quality in the public areas will speed you to Page status, and then on to Quill Bearer.

Reading the Codex and the Lists will give you greater insight into the common culture which we're attempting to create.

Peredhil pauses and collects his thoughts, rubbing his lips with a slender finger.

Ah! The UBB, now known as the ABB, is the Universal Bulletin Board (changed to the Archmage Bulletin Board). It is the literary support area, called the Forum, to the online game, Archmage: Reincarnation from Hell, available at www.magewar.com

While the game is so-so, the collection of intelligent creative talent it attracts is rather astounding to me.

Welcome! And again welcome!

Elrond Peredhil, 31

Elder of Manners and Lists, The Pen is Mightier than the Sword.

An enormous yawn is heard as Wyvern, the Elder of Initiates and official recruiter of the Pen, slams open the door and strides into his office. He immediatly collapses into his office chair and is about to begin his casual goofing off when he notices that Peredhil is present. Upon seeing the polite mage, Wyv immediatly sits up and pretends that he's vigorously working on a pile of documents...

"I'm handling it Peredhil!" shouts Wyvern at the top of his lungs while dramaticaly throwing a number of papers into the air and showering Gaelan with documents "Just give me 5 MORE MINUTES!"

Noticing Gaelen standing innocently next to Peredhil, Wyvern quickly grabs P by the collar and holds up a contract for him to read. Peredhil's eyes focus in on a specific passage that Wyvern has layed a scaly finger on. Muttering silently to himself, Peredhil reads:

XVI. As Elder of Initiates, Wyvern has the authority to answer all Pen questions posed by cute girls in his office. Peredhil only has the authority to answer the questions of large, bulky men...

Peredhil frowns and meets Wyvern's gaze. "Since when is this a rule? You already have Cheyenne, after all..."

"Since now..." whispers Wyvern, snickering and shoving Big P to the side. Peredhil tries to regain his balance, but trips and falls into an enormous pile of unfinished documents...

Diverting his attention to Gaelen and grinning an enormous grin of razor sharp teeth, Wyvern asks "Now then... how may I help you...?"

OOC: As Peredhil said Gaelen, please feel free to post an application as others have. I'll be happy to look it over.

------------------------------

Almost a Dragon...

"My life is like one big crime: I try to scheme through it." -Common, "The 6th Sense"

Owner of the Decanter of Endless Booze.

Edited by: Wyvern00  at: 9/24/01 7:03:55 pm

From his spot under the punishing pile of papers, Peredhil realizes with chagrin that Wyvern is, in this instance, correct. Peredhil has indeed abrogated his authority to pursue Initiates for the Pen.

He considers pushing the pressing papers aside and Politely apologizing, but seeing the predatory gleam in Wyvern's eye, settles back to ensure the greedy Elder doesn't attempt to fleece the newest arrival.