And I will not listen

Perhaps friends,

But lovers not

Here I stand

On my head

Greetings, wielders of the pen,

I am here, but nothing has arrived…

Guest Stale AOD

It feels funny, like your head is attached to thousands of mindless insects all pulling and pushing their own way. It doesn’t hurt, but as Ish warned him, 'mist form' is a handy spell but you don't really want to use it unless you have to.

He tries to concentrate his vision on the person that just entered the room. Damn, it’s all blurred, can't see who it is. He draws mana and slowly, gently, releases a spell so weak it barely reaches the character below him. It's a he, and with the signature of magic only a mage can have but he's not sure if it is this Zool character he met a few days ago or not.

Stale considers the situation. He came here out of curiosity, Zool seemed friendly, but he could sense the presence of many powerful mages as soon as he closed in on the place. He should have turned away of course, but it just made him more curious. A trap or not a trap, there is only one way to find out, he needs to talk to this person, below him.

Stale forces his fractured and chaotic body down, behind the mage. He can sense the ground, hard stone floor. He directs parts of his effort into sustaining the body, locking it in position. It's hard to divide your mind like this, but he came prepared. He spent hours meditating before he set out and the potent mana surge through his body as he gradually materialises. For a moment, it's all dark, then he is there. It is not Zool, he has never seen this mage before. He prepares the spells as planned, and then open his mouth.

"Greetings mage, I am Stale"

Elsewhere...

Yui stopped in the midst of the word, raising her head from where it was bowed over the yellowed parchment of yet another word-filled page. The strangest 'ring' of magic, dissassociated and ephemeral, had pulsed from within the Pen walls. Normally, this would not have even garnered her attention, as the many mages here were often slanting spells and mana charges through the laden aether... however, this magic had a familiar 'taste' to it, the signature of a mage she knew and hadn't expected to feel in this place.

Curiosity piqued, the Huntress stood and lifted her cloak from its hook on the wall, tucking her magic quill into its concealed pocket. As she swung the garment over her shoulders, the hum of its unique not-magic sang through her veins, and she opened the link through the shadows, locking the far end onto that familiar tendril of presence.

The page of writing lay forgotten on the desk as Yui-chan disappeared into the darkness...

Peredhil triggers the set spell in his Ring which allows Shadow-sight and Illusion-seeing, (usually reserved for Yui or Jechum!) and prepares to greet his friends.

He's rather taken back when it is Stale that appears!

M'Lord! I think we've met in Army of Darkness's Chat room...

Peredhil bows

Please, wander the Halls of the Pen and look around. I hope you'll find you've found a home away from home.

The corridor in which you're currently standing leads to our Elder of Initiate's office. When you've decided you might want to join our literary guild, I hope you'll make your way there and fill out an application.

Narrowing his eyes at a sudden memory, he continues

Oh, and don't let him clip you for too much geld. He's very good at what he does, but he tends to be a greedy fellow....

Again, welcome to the Pen!

On a beach located on a tropical island resort near the south western outskirts of the oceans of Terra, Wyvern lies back on a hamoc gingerly sipping from an extra large hawaiian cocktail and watching as the waves roll in and out.

A bikini clad beach bunny wanders up to Wyvern's hamoc and gently passes him a phone, cooing "Mr. Wyvern... it's for you..."

Wyvern smiles, takes the phone, and dreamingly mutters "Hullo?"

From the other end of the line, Jechum's voice rings out: "WYVERN!!! WHERE THE HECK ARE YOU???!!!"

Upon hearing Jechum's voice, Wyvern franticaly jumps out of his hamoc and begins rapidly packing his bags. They had found him... he didn't know how, but at the moment he didn't want to take the time to find out. Wyvern's only concern was getting away to another island before they came to take him back to his office by force. His lunch break had only lasted three months... he wanted at least another four months off...

Turning to run, Wyvern bumps into two enormous men wearing black suites, ties, and Gazelli shades. Wyvern frowns as he notices the tags on their shirts, which read 'P.I.A' (Pen Intelligence Agency).

"Uhhh... h-hi guys..." squeaks Wyvern nervously.

The two P.I.A agents snatch the overgrown lizard and hold him from running away. The beach bunny is about to ask what's going on when a black Sadan pulls up out of nowhere and the two large men in tuxes shove Wyvern in. The car zooms off in an enormous rush, and the beach bunny watches in awe as it fades into the distance. After the car has vanished completely, she shouts "Lousy lizard! You didn't even give me a tip!"

3 hours later, Wyvern barges into his office still wearing his vacation outfit. He walks up to his desk and stamps Stale's application "ACCEPTED". Turning to the other Pen members, he then mutters "Happy...?"

(OCC: Jechum: Since I'm saying it, I can edit it.

I normally don't curse and I dislike editing others works. )

Edited by: Jechum at: 9/14/01 12:39:17 am

Guest Stale AOD

Stale was just about to follow Peredhil's directions to pick up an application form, when a vision of terror burned itself onto his retina, making his eyes itch, resisting to poke his eyes Stale focused on the dragonish creature in front of him, studying it up and down.

It looked like a cross between a dragon and... only the gods know what, dressed in what could only be recognised as the tasteless, flowery kind of underwear that crashed out of fashion resets ago. He remembered once, when campaigning in the far easteren parts of terra that some blind monk from Shaolin wore this kind of outfit, unknowing to the comical appearance it gave him... but this dragon-thing, could see very well, unless it had some kind of strange navigation system, like Nik perhaps?

"Umm.. erm.. should I fill in that blank application form you just stamped or... can I consider myself as a member?"

Edited by: Stale AOD  at: 9/13/01 3:18:27 pm

Wyvern turns to Jechum.

"Gee... I dunno Jechum. What's your ruling on that?"

Jechum sighs.

"Yes, he's accepted..."

OOC: Stale: congrats, you've been accepted as an initiate. Post a few things on the public boards of the site and the other Elders should take notice of you and promote you to 'page'. Once a page, you can fully access the member site.

Good luck.

------------------------------

Almost a Dragon...

"My life is like one big crime: I try to scheme through it." -Common, "The 6th Sense"

Owner of the Decanter of Endless Booze.