The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Yoo Hoo!

Guest Cerulean

Guest Cerulean

There is a soft knock upon the door. Its gentle sound barely registers in the almost Dragon's ears, as he bends over his desk sorting papers and examining financial plans.

Cerulean taps a little harder this time and shifts somewhat uncomfortably, unused to such grand surroundings, in awe of the marvellous Halls she has just entered. She twizzles a loop of golden hair with her index finger and performs a small yet obvious cough.

"Ahem...?"

There is still no response from within. Cerulean glances down at the exquisite robes she has donned for this most important of interviews, each thread spun from a dash of azure sky, each stitch describing blue. The summer sky is in there, meshing with the cobalt oceans, as reflected in the shining pools which are her eyes. She blinks pensively, unsure of her next move.

"Should I open the door a crack?", she muses, "Wyvern and I are old friends after all. I'm certain he wouldn't mind if I took the tiniest of liberties..."

As she stands indecisive in the corridor, her attention is drawn by the unmistakeable click-clacking of spiked heels behind her. Paling, Cerulean rapidly spins to face her friend and nemesis Scarlett.

"How adorable to see YOU here Cery!" Scarlett drawls, as she kicks open Wyvern's door without a backglance, strides into the office and flings her arms around the lizard. Her copper hair blazes about her face in a halo of fire - although halo perhaps would not be the most fitting of terms to apply here with relation to Harpy. Her green and gold eyes glitter with mischief as she plants her posterior on Wyvern's knee and jangles a leather money pouch before his face.

"Scarlett!", Cerulean cries, rushing inside the room to confront her. "We're here to join on merit, not by exhorting Wyvern to accept bribes!"

"Whatever works for you honey..." purrs the Harpy, as she traces a crimson fingernail over Wyvern's cheek. "Whaddya want me to do? Recite a poem?" Scarlett's raucous laughter echoes around the office, as Cerulean flushes deepest crimson.

"Well -I- am here to join this most noble of Guilds because of the contribution I wish to make in this hallowed place. If I can find friendly faces to smile me through tough times, folks to lend an ear to the tales I have to tell, if I can encourage others to reach higher with their writing, and be encouraged myself in turn - then this shall be as a palace and home to my heart." Cerulean smiles, now shyly at Wyvern. "It really would mean a lot to me if I were welcomed here."

"Oh cut the flowery crap Cery!" flashes Harpy. "This is Wyvern we're talking to, not Kendricke!"

"Well baby?" Scarlett addresses the lizard, pouting her luscious lips and fluttering a force nine gale with her lashes. "Ya want us to stay awhile?"

Thoroughly enjoying Scarlett's flattering whispers, Wyvern quickly takes out an application sheet from the center of the desk. He looks over quickly to a document lying on the left end of his desk, then to one laying on the right. After having observed another rather official-looking list laying in front of him, Wyvern clears his throat. He then turns to Cerulean and Scarlett and mutters:

"Hmmmm... It appears there is only one spot currently available in our beautifull little Guild. Meaning I'll only be able to accept one of you..."

Upon hearing this, Cerulean makes a quick glance to Scarlett. Scarlett exchanges the look, only her glance is far more scornfull. Taking a deep breath, the two start at once.

"Allow me to join the Guild, Wyvern, and I'll be an incredibly active member!" declares Cerulean.

"Just let me in the Guild, Wyv, and I can assure you fame and fortune!" counters Scarlett.

"I'll be truly devoted!" shouts Cerulean "A real Pen fanatic!"

"Accept me, you handsome lizard you, and I'm sure I can find several ways to keep you entertained..." cooes Scarlett, rubbing her finger down his cheek again. At this, Wyvern giggles intently. Seeing that her argument is faltering due to Wyvern's easily corruptable nature, Cerulean decides to make a powerfull come back.

"Let me join, and I promise to put these plans into action!" exclaims Cerulean, pounding a large pad of papers onto Wyverns desk. Wyvern picks up the papers and begins skimming through them subconciously, noticing a number of very good ideas. Before he can finish skimming through them, however, Scarlett tosses her bag of geld onto the wad of plans.

"Who NEEDS intelligent action when you have geld and a cuty like me?!" interigates Harpy "Come on Wyvey... pleeeeeeaaaaaaassssse?"

Wyvern is about to speak up when Jechum enters the room. Walking up to Wyvern's desk and placing several application forms on it, Jechum murmers:

"Remember Wyv, try to recruit as many members as possible. The more we get, the better!"

With that, Jechum turns and leaves the room.

As Wyvern sits nervously trembling in his desk chair, Cerulean and Scarlett glance to each other once again, suddenly realizing that they had been played. There wasn't only one space available in the guild... in fact, the Pen was urgently looking for members. Both Cerulean and Scarlett turn angrily towards Wyvern.

"Wait!" cries Wyvern "I can explain!"

Scarlett and Cerulean advance at Wyvern.

"Here!" exclaims Wyvern, franticaly taking two application forms and stamping them 'ACCEPTED'. "You're both accepted!"

Cerulean and Scarlett both gracefully accept their applications. Before they leave, Wyvern is slapped. Twice.

The overgrown lizard sighs, slumping down in his office chair and rubbing his throbbing cheek. "Just when it was beginning to get interesting..."

OOC: In short, a big, fat, accepted application. Check your e-mail for the pass, and welcome.

------------------------------

Almost a Dragon...

"I'll put it in lamer terms:

If you came to learn how to make fire,

COME I'LL MAKE YOU BURN!"

-Big Pun, R.I.P

Owner of the Decanter of Endless Booze.

Edited by: Wyvern00  at: 7/21/01 11:21:11 pm

After Wyvern had been slapped twice and left for the loser that he was, he began scheming. If women wouldn't have him, geld was obviously his next best option...

It took Wyvern a whole 5 minutes before he noticed Silexion standing in his office, weary from his desert travels and holding a tattered application sheet in one hand. Upon seeing Silexion, Wyvern jumps with a start and beckons Silexion to sit down, taking his application sheet in the process.

Upon skimming through Silexion's application, Wyvern noticed the statement 'collector of fine wines' under his character traits. Upon reading this, several cash registers go off in the internal scheming parts of Wyvern's brain and a smile spreads across his face. He doesn't bother going through the rest of the application, but instead turns to Silexion and says:

"Well Mr. Silexion... All things seem to be in order for your membership except for one thing. Your wines. You see... here at the Pen, alcohol is strictly prohibited."

Wyvern giggles quietly to himself as Silexion reflectively mutters "I see..."

"But there is a way to correct this!" exclaims Wyvern "Just hand over your collection of wines to me and I'll store them away some place safe. That way, you can become a member..."

Silexion is about to respond when Gyrfalcon strides into the room and says "Hey Wyv, could I have another sip from your endless Decanter of Booze?"

DoctorEvil shouts from the hallway "You don't need to, Gyr! We have a fridge full of endless booze now, remember?!"

Silexion glares angrily at Wyv, who had almost stolen his precious collection of wine. Wyvern timidly takes out Silexion's application and marks it 'ACCEPTED', muttering "No hard feelings...?"

OOC: Accepted. Welcome Silexion. Could you post your e-mail here so I can send you the pass? Thanks.

------------------------------

Almost a Dragon...

"I'll put it in lamer terms:

If you came to learn how to make fire,

COME I'LL MAKE YOU BURN!"

-Big Pun, R.I.P

Owner of the Decanter of Endless Booze.

Guest Cerulean

Silexion! Lovely to see you here - and what a great post. Cerulean was stunned to see Macon Dor once again. I'm working on an IC character reply, and will post it just as soon as I get a minute.

Guest Cerulean

They had only seen her in peace time.

She wandered the Conservatory, laughing with friends, sharing tales. She wrote songs of love, of skies, of sunsets and deserts.

They had not seen her at war.

Cerulean stands and meets the visitor's eye. She matches him for height and her gaze is unwavering. If her face shows pallor, it is the pallor of one suddenly caught off guard. She had not expected to see this figure again. Neither of them move, but she increases her concentration. If ever she needed focus, it was now. Drawing energy toward her, gathering in from the surroundings, she pulls force from the others. She can feel it pulsing through her body, twisting through her senses, consolidating where she urgently needs it.

Cerulean's eyes narrow with effort, it has been too long, she has been lazy, peace brings with it a complacency which is dangerous. How had she not sensed his coming? How had it been possible for him to assume the advantage. She scoffs at her own incompetency. If this time she is to defeat Macon Dor, then she must act with cold precision. There will be no room for sentimentality this time.

She allows the energies to settle into a pattern she recognizes and her mind responds almost automatically, sending out an initial scry to him. He takes a half-pace backward as the fingers of the spell invade his consciousness, but makes no attempt to block her.

He sends an image of two people, of a fire, of an ending. She scries harder, the figures are too distant, the picture incomplete. She increases the pressure three-fold. The enchantment snatches at his thoughts. If there is resistance, it's too late for him. She will see what she will see.

As if through a tarnished mirror, Cerulean's mind grasps what she has been searching for. She slides one thought ahead and snaps it at him with enough power to kill a lesser Mage. He hears her, though she utters nothing aloud.

"You are a fool if you underestimate me. Did past events not warn you of this at least?"

OOC - Heh! This is fun, it's been too long since we were locked in conflict. I'll post MD's introduction and this response in the stories' section Silexion, then we can take it from there.

C.

Guest Silexion

Sorry Peredhil,

I had the order of things to be done backwards, as is quite usual for me.

Cery gave me a good 'kick in the bum' (She is the sweetest!) and put me back on track.

Account created and message posted.

Thanks for your patience.

Best regards,

SIlexion - No longer a Viewer

(Perhaps still feeling the effects of The Decanter of Endless Booze)