The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

A two part song

Peredhil

(Conversion confusion, this is actually the second post in this thread)

hmmmm, you write well...

But it's rather traditional not to mention names... A Polite Thing about the potential effect if current feelings ever change. Kinda burns bridges, ya know?

Peredhil thinks about the number of times he had to learn the lesson about the difference between honesty and tact, and the pain he's caused over the years.

Sometimes, time can heal enough that former enemies can become acquaintances or even friends...

Guest Signe Green

(Conversion confusion, this is actually the third post in this thread)

they read well as poetry, I would like to hear them with music if they are intended as songs. Lyrics lose something when written down, so I imagine these are even more powerful sung.

Signe's Homepage

(Conversion confusion, this is actually the fourth post in this thread)

*applauds* I really like your songs, Falcon... personally, when you have enough to fill a CD, I'll be happy to pay for one. *grin*

And I even knew which person you were directing each half to before I got half-through their section. =)

Though I do have to admit, Peredhil has a good point- don't burn your bridges before you're absolutely, positively sure you're never travelling back that way again...

*applauds again*

Clear, powerful, and excellent lyrics. ^_^

(Conversion confusion, this is the original post in this thread)

This is kinda weird...I've got an idea, it's to different people...each song has a different chorus, but similar structure...lesse here...

Oh yeah, and I realize the structure is flip-flopped on the last verse and the first.

Not really songs, poems.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Love me,

Like I wanted you

Hate me,

The way I needed to

Kill me

Under the shining moon

Drop me

And watch me fully bloom

I don't need your life

Or your everpresent glances

What is the deep problem

That you have?

I needed you for so long

But now I don't and I'm so happy

I love all this freedom

That I have...

Why did you make me

Love you?

I knew you wanted my heart

Me too

This is so strange to me

Is it?

Or am did I ever really

Exist?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Humor me

Whilst we sit alone

Hold me

When I need a home

Love me

As a friend always

Help me

Till the end of days

I never knew how

Much you were there

Until you told me why

Oh why?

You've done so much for me

And never asked for

Anything in return

Thank you...

Why have you always

Helped me?

You've always been a true

Friend to me...

I know I've tried for you

So hard

To be the kind of friend

You deserve...

One will read it

One will not

One will be there

One will not

Well then, this seems fairly easy.

Thank you Jess, for all you've done.

And Goodbye, Andrea, thanks for all the suicidal nights.

Good Riddance.

I love these two! They are very good. You know you will always be my friend and I will always love you as that. You do not need to question why I would help you; you would do the same for me. Your home will be and has always been where ever I am. I don't ask for anything in return because you've always given me everything I could ever want. Thank you.

Jess

Guest andrea hawk

Yeah Will... well screw you. I read your damn poem. Yeah it's good, but while it's good you have just made yourself a very big enemy. You ragging on me saying I was never there? Well bitch, you were the one to write me an email saying you were going to kill yourself because of me. I called you as soon as I read it. I was there to listen to your problems endless times... as you were there for me. But we kept going back to the reason why your life sucked... basically you gave me the impression it was because of me. Did you ever consider how that would make me feel? Did you EVER? Yeah well that made me feel like S#%T. Notice my wording Will... MADE. I don't care anymore. I don't care about you, your life, your poetry, your family, your problems, ANYTHING that has to do with you. Hey Will... maybe you haven't figured this out by now.... so maybe I have to say it outloud for the whole damn world to hear:

I love Matt, I don't love you.

Get over it. Get over me. Stop writing poetry about me! Your welcome for all your 'suicidal nights'. Seriously I think you are full of @#%$. If you were serious, you would have done it by now. If life sucks that bad, go ahead do it. Kill yourself. F#ck, I'll do it for you just to get you out of my life. I hate you, Will. You know, I am REALLY f#cking SICK of being your reason to kill yourself and the key to your life sucking. I wish I had NEVER met you. I wish you were dead. And you know why? Because of all your bullshit. Putting all of your s#it on me. So much for you claiming to be such a good friend of mine. No 'friend' would ever hurt me like you have. I hope I've hurt you in this reply... like I said no friend would hurt their friends. Hey, in case you don't understand... we aren't friends. Nor will we be ever again. Good job burning those God damned bridges, Will.

Edited by: andrea hawk at: 2/22/02 6:13:30 pm

First point: Yeah, I'm over you. I've been over you for a while.

Second point: Duh you love that oaf. I think I noticed somewhere along the line.

Third point: I don't need your friendship. I've got friends, and I think attempting suicide SEVEN TIMES is more than enough trying. BTW, attempting is making the action and failing. Three loose knots, three dull blades, and one missed slice.

Yes you were there, but not always. That's the only thing I ask of a friend, is that they always be there. Of course, to date, I've only ever had ONE person fulfill that, but that's another story.

I thank you for the conversations and listening to me, but I'm not going after you. In time you will see what I meant. And if you don't, then it's your loss, not mine.

When you decide to grow up and become more patient and less throw-a-fit-ey, then come on back and we'll welcome you with open arms. Until then, do whatever you want.

Oh, and happy 11-month Anniversary.

Cioden Darkeye

Quill-Bearer - The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

President of the Peredhil Fan Club

Owner of the Reply Raven - Enemy to all those who never post responses

Ashaman - WoT - Blitz II

Council - The Hunters - Blitz II

Leisure Officer - SFV Ultima - Beta

Isn't too much to ask to not wash your dirty laundry in public?

I'm sorry about what happened between you two, but I don't think it concerns the Pen as a whole. I don't care about who started it, but if you need to settle stuff between you too, keep it for you two only.

Thank you

Guest andrea hawk

Yes well... as you can see, Will is the one to mention my name in his poem. I think anyone, including me, would be mad about that. I don't like him parading around here acting like I'm the bad guy. If he wanted to make this public, I'll make it public. I wasn't going to bring any of this dispute up here at the boards. But then he goes off and thanks me for all his suicidal nights. You should understand. Maybe one of you people in charge here should teach him some board etiquette... not to mention names. Thank you.

Guest Cheye69

I just have a short story to share here….

On the day of my brother’s high school graduation, al the family was gathered together in peace and joy. At least that is what I thought…Then is started the constant bickering between my Mother and my Grandmother. I usually tried to stay our of it but as Grandma was leaving on that day she pulled me aside and asked, “Are you going to grow up to be White Trash like your Mother?” This was a very hurtful comment that literally brought tears to my eyes. I looked at this woman and savagely replied, “Yes!” then stalked away. I did not hear or contact my Grandparents for over 2 years then it happened….I received a call, Grandma was on the phone. Grandpa was dying. I was still angry over the comment even after so long but traveled the 50 or so miles to go see Grandpa one last time while he was alive.

It was amazing when I walked into the living room of my Grandparents home, there sat my grandfather propped up in a hospital bed machines every where the eye could see. His bright blue eyes seemed so ALIVE! Vibrant and kind, his voice carried across the room, “Granddaughter, how are you?!” then as easy as you please he wrapped me in his fragile arms and hugged me to his skeletal frame. I knew then he did not have long just by the feel of the man. I was so angry with myself over this lost time. I sat for well over 4 hours talking to him, as I have never done before. Finding out about the man, what he was like in his younger years his dreams, his aspirations for his children, what he thought of God.

The next day, two days prior to my eighteen birthday, my grandfather died. How I wish I could have taken the higher road and on the day of my Brother’s graduation, hugged my grandmother to me and just told her I loved her, that I loved my Mother and I was not going to be caught in between their 30-year argument. Hindsight is 20/20 but the time I lost over mere words will always haunt me.

Friendships come and go, some lost just with the passage of time. How horrible it would be to find that a person who was once a close friend, died in a car accident or other some such tragedy. The friendships that are cultivated within the Halls of the Pen are treasured friendships. Personal issues should be set aside. Someone here needs to take the High road and let the rest of us enjoy our time here however short or long it shall be. I now ask you both in the name of friendship to please take this out of our community. Even though I can understand both sides to this. Due to past experiences I cannot and will not take sides over a personal issue that has nothing to do with me. I would feel bad if anything happened to either of you and therefore cannot waste my time with an argument when it would be better served to get to know about your dreams, your life, your aspirations.

Thank you,

Cheyenne

Guest Minta Rose

One word and this can be deleted, and carbon copies sent to the intended participants via e-mail (it worked quite well for improper posts on the Archmage Union of Honor)--in fact it might be done anyway. Just a note from the local moderator-type.

--Tzimfemme, the Naked Mage

[Edit: As of 13:00 Pacific Standard Time, February 23, all posts which are under consideration have been e-mailed to their intended recipients, and a screenshot of the entire thread preserved.]

Edited by: Minta Rose at: 2/23/02 1:04:46 pm

You asked for EVERYONES opinion whenyou posted on the Pen. I'm sorry if you didn't want anyones opinion, but you did ask for it. The Pen is for anyone and everyone and if you post something all are allowed to reply.

–Jess

Guest andrea hawk

I am sincerly sorry for lashing out at everyone at the pen. I was in a bad mood. I am sorry. I am sorry to everyone. Seriously. Ok... so I suck at apologies. Maybe I'll think of something more to say at a later date.... as for now... I apologize.

Andrea,

As Celes Crusader said, thanks for the apology. You haven't gotten the Pen members angry at all, it's just that it's kind of awkward to see posts of that nature when the Pen is a community built around the respect we share for one another as writers and friends.

Note that even if you decide to quit these boards, your membership will be by no means revoked. You can feel free to come back at any time, and we'll gladly welcome you with open arms.

[image]http://members.shaw.ca/kea/am/wyvy.jpg[/image]

------------------------------

Almost a Dragon...

"My life is one big crime, I try to scheme through it." -Common, "The 6th Sense"

Owner of the Decanter of Endless Booze.