The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Wanted: Brute's Liver Reward: One Weenie

Guest Brute3

Brute stormed across the town square, his ebony eyes full of anger and violence. Heedless of the hapless merchant that he roughly shoved out of his way, he set upon a path to the nearest tavern. A good stout drink would help to calm his nerves. He still fumed over the inane questions that mindless scribe had asked him when he described how he wanted the announcements to be written.

"You're looking for what?" the clerk gaped. Brute sighed. "My liver. I need to find it. It ran away some time ago after..never mind." The clerk pulled his wire spectacles from his round face and set them down on the counter. "I don't think I understand, sir. Perhaps you need to see a good butcher. There's one just down the street", "No!" Brute roared. "I don't need a butcher, I need you to write this down as I've instructed you. And make copies."

The clerk scratched his forehead absently with the tip of his quill, leaving a small ink mark. "Sir, if I may ask, how does one's liver...leave?" Brute rolled his eyes and released a heavy sigh. "It's a long story. Don't ask." The clerk blinked his eyes. "But I already have." Glaring down at the dimunitive fellow, Brute said through clenched teeth," I'll pay you twice the normal rate if you shut up and write the damned announcement!" With a quick nod, the clerk slipped his spectacles back on and began to write.

Afte a few moments, he handed the announcement to Brute, who read it and placed it on the counter. "It'll do. Here's your money." With that, Brute fished out ten geld and pushed them across the counter. "I want copies posted across town by this afternoon." The clerk nodded and smiled to Brute, who was already headed for the door. He looked down at the announcement and simply shook his head. "Those mages get worse every year, I think."

The announcement read:

Wanted: Solid evidence of the whereabouts of Brute's Liver.

Said Liver was last seen near the residence of Brute. Any information leading to the discovery of the missing organ will be rewarded.

Contact Brute with information.

Vincent walked the streets of the city shurging off the stares at his angelic wing. He was mostly staring at the ground to avoid the glaring eyes of the townspeople. Suddenlly something cought his eye,a bloody organ....ran down a dark alley. Vincent stared at this strange sight untill the organ ran out of sight.

"What the hell?" Vincent murmured to himself.

Vincent walked down the alley and noticed a notice on the wall.

"Hmm intersting...well I man needs a Liver and it's jsut right to return it...I guess"Vincent shurged and took off running after the runaway organ....

Vincent had tracked the organ untill it had it's back to the dead end wall of the alley...at lest he thought it was it's back he really couldn't tell.

"Ok you,someone needs you in their body and I'm going to return you!" The orrgan back away scared for a moment and then lunged forth and attacked Vincent....don't ask me how it attack...it just kinda....did...well anywho back the story.

Vincent and the organ wrestled on the ground for a few minutes untill the liver got losse and ran away again. Vincent sighed and now chased the runaway organ through the crowded streets of the city....

OOC: Could this be the evolution of Nimball? Er, I hope not.

IC:

The wind rustled Stick's long jacket as he read the parchment that he had previously tore down from a wall in the middle of the marketplace. 'Wanted: Solid evidence of the whereabouts of Brute's Liver. Said Liver was last seen near the residence of Brute. Any information leading to the discovery of the missing organ will be rewarded.' Well, so the hunt was on. Pulling a thirty-foot long cord from his pocket, Stick fashioned a rather shoddy lassoo and assumed a stalking position. Despite stares from commoners all around, Stick started making what he assumed were liver sounds as he began the search for Brute's liver. Liver.

Vincent had searched for the liver for many hours for the liver but it seemed to elude him. He then resorted to a new way of finding it. Vincent grabed the nearest person and began to question him.

"Have you seen a liver?"

"Um...no" The townsperson tryed to walk away but Vincent had a firm grip on him.

"Where were you when the liver in question was found missing!?"

"Just get away from me you freak!" He tryed to run away again,Vincent then began to beat the man to inch of his life.

"Now do you know where it is?"

"....n...o.."the man said weakly,finally conviced Vincent droped the man and grab another victum and did the same. Soon the area Vincent was in was full of blodly bodies and still not a bit of info on the liver.Vincent finally figered it was best to leave the area before the police arived....

As night fell, a vampire began to wander the streets in search of his midnight snack. Vlad was just out the door when a small animal, or so it seemed, ran by. He chased after it and when he reached it lifted it off of the ground. The animal squirmed, but Vlad had a firm grip.

The liver knew Brute was up to something. Why else would those strange people keep trying to catch him, with promises of gold rewards on their tongues. The organ also had a vague notion that the pieces of paper he kept seeing scattered about the town had something to do with him. If only he could read. It didn't matter, really. He was heading out of town with a merchant's caravan in the morning.

He had overhead a caravan guard talking to someone about which town gate he had to be at when it left. The liver intended on being there when it left also. It had had enough of that drunkard's ways, spending every waking moment drowning the poor organ in alcohol. Finally, after a torturous night spent fighting off the lethal effects of several rounds of Ol' Peculiar, the liver had decided to leave Brute.The act had been a painful and particularly messy one, and had Brute not been passed out when the organ had attempted it, the opportunity for freedom may have never come again.

Well, it was free of the poisonous influences of that man. Free to travel the world as no liver before it had ever done. Free see new sights, experience new wonders, and free taste adventure!

Unfortunately, it was at about that point when the hapless organ was caught by, of all things, a vampire. Damn the luck.

Vlad stared intently at the thing in his hands. He brought it to his mouth, trying to get some blood, but it tasted like... booze? No. Vlad tried to get another sip, but a putrid stnch was escaping from the bite marks on it's neck. Well, as close to a neck as you could call it. Vlad tossed it over his left shoulder with a grain of salt, and went on his merry way.

Not ten paces farther did he see a sign about a reward for capturing a liver. One that escaped most likely due to alcoholism. Vlad turned around, but didn't see any small little things running around. He shrugged, and continued his search of blood.

A man was busy loading a caravan not too far away, and Vlad came up to the gentleman. He distracted him long enough to get a meal, or a drink, which ever you prefer to call it, and wandered off in a random direction. This man wasn't going anywhere for a long while.

Vincent Silver posted,

"A ha there you are!" Vincent chased after the succring creature,he ran swiftly and tackled it.

"Now I got you,you..."Vincent looked at what he captured,"Kidney? Aw I don't need you. Say have you seen a liver around here?" The kidney pointed (?) in the direction of a merchant cart. Vincent walked to the cart and found a man dead with two bite marks on his neck. Suddenly Vincent got an idea. He pulled out his sword and cut out the man liver.

"heh heh,he won't be needing this,now to find this Brute person" Vincent walked off to the nearest pub....

The Big Pointy One posted,

Stick jumped from the tree where he had previously set up a surveillance blind. He had managed to track down Brute's liver, but not actually capture it. Surely something able to escape from Brute would have to be a wily... creature. It was around nightfall when Stick noticed Vlad slip into the seen. Now what could HE be up to? he thought to himself. Watching in anticipation, he saw Vlad pick up the liver, spit it out, and then take a good chunk out of the merchant guard. Confused as to what the heck that crazy vamp was up to, Stick immediately jumped from his hiding spot, lassoo trailing behind him.

He'd have to have a word with Mr.Imploder.

Vlad the Imploder posted,

OOC: Stick, when you put it that way, I sound downright *evil*.

IC: Vlad had drunk as much as he could out of the merchant, but was still thirsting for more. He was walking when he heard a sound behind him. Vlad melded into the shadows, and sneaked behind the creature. Smelling booze, Vlad immediately thought not the liver again!. As he began to leave the scene, he realized the smell wasn't booze. It was bunny. Bunnies always were Vlad's favorite meal. He lunged at the creature, hoping for an easy snack, but instead hit a stick. Vlad straightened up, lunged again, and this time hit Stick. Grumble, grumble, grumble. Such dratted luck.

"Why hello Stick. What brings you out on this pleasant evening? Looking to lasso something up, my friend?"

OOC: I'l let you do the conversation. Remember, Vlad openely admits that he drinks blood.

The Big Pointy One posted,

OOC: heh, wasn't intending to make you seem evil... I swear! :P

IC:

Stick frowned and let his lassoo fall limp. "Well, actually I was going to lassoo you, but I suppose the whole speech thing works. Oh well."

"Uh yeah... you were going to do that because...?"

Stick shrugged. "I dunnah. I guess... maybe... uh..." he scratched his head, completely lost as to what he was going to actually say. "Well, let's go hunt some liver."

OOC: Sorry, I know, this was soooo lame :P

Vincent Silver posted,

ooc:I'm back (damn holidays take up my net' time)

Ic: Vincent entered the pub and began to search for the famous drinker Brute. But his search was stoped abrubtly by the bartended who thought the bloodly liver in his hands was quite strange. He let out a quick "Help Guard! Insane Murder!!" Vincent's eyes widened as he relized he better do one thing,run like the wind! Vincent took off runing as fast as he could untill he quickly doged into a alleyway. Vincent wiped the sweat off his brow and relized he had droped the liver,Vincent sighed.

"I guess I'll just have to look for that godforsaken liver" (Brute's one not the one he stole)