The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Possession

Ozymandias

William never was a very patient person, so the first thing he did upon reaching the scene was to point at the door and bark a command.

"BURST!"

The door splintered and flew inward and William Azunost strode in, his demon blade quivering with energy and his blue cloak shimmering. In front of him was the mutilated body of the dead soldier, which covered most of the ransacked room.

In the center of the nearest wall, painted in blood, was a message, which William looked over.

Run run run, as fast as you can,

You can catch me, I'm the missing man

The one without a body or soul

The one that fell through the hole

So try and try, you'll always lose

While I lead you 'round by the nose

William snarled slightly and almost eradicated that message like the door beforehand, but instead held his temper. Instead, he drew his demon blade and held it aloft before him.

"Demon lords, submit to my will! Bring me to where this madman hides!" He cried, bringing his awesome might to bear upon the three demon lords in the sword.

An unearthly howling filled the room as the demons fought him, but he held strong, beating them down with his mind. Eventually they stopped struggling and the sword started humming slightly. Behind him, Falcon, Cioden, and Lieutenant Hayden all walked in, dressed for battle.

Falcon wore his customary black splint mail with his staff in his right hand humming slightly in tune with the demonic sword. His splint mail was designed for maximum movement and protection at minimum weight.

Cioden wore plate armor the color of the deepest depths of night, with Nightshade, the shapeshifting sword, in a scabbard at his back. Silver roses climbed up his armor, blooming one on each shoulder. His helm had the all-seeing eye on it's brow, and two wings swept back from either side.

Lieutenant Hayden wore the black military uniform with the black beret and carried nothing.

William himself waved a hand and was instantly in his night-blue gothic fullplate, complete with gauntlets and helm. His blue dragonscale cloak shimmered on his shoulders, and the demonsword's scabbard, of the same material as the cloak, hung at his belt.

He nodded to the lieutenant. "Hayden, I need you to keep an eye out here. If I don't return within 3 days, evacuate the area of civilians, and send in the shadow troops on full alert." The soldier saluted smartly, turned on a heel, and left.

William turned back to the sword. "Open a portal!" he cried, and the blade shone with red light as a blindingly white portal opened ahead of them.

Without a second glance, they all dashed through.

Lie

• 4 years later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The men were deposited thirty feet to the left of their original position. William found himself inexplicably transported there with his face only a millimeter from the stone wall. He swore a curse (an actual one) so vile, that the glass in every window in a five mile long straight line split in two.

Meanwhile, cries from around the Pen keep became more fevered as more and more folk were called to the scene of the latest crime.

Orlan's tower was missing in entirety. All that remained was a message written on still more playing cards, king, queen, jack, king, queen, jack, over and over:

E T ' S J E S T T H B G I N I N G

...and a pair of shiny, shiny sunglasses. Not even the ground was disturbed.