The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

A Stream of Fate

Guest Mister Burrofoot

Guest Mister Burrofoot

The way things happen in life are trully amazing.. I myself dont believe in fate, find it absurd but thats me.. Maybe its cause I like the opose ( I believe thats the word and spelling ) the majority and I want to know I have control of my life and where it goes.. I cant tell you why things happen, but I can tell you that I choose what to do from the point forward, no matter how or why I was brought there.. So maybe, there is a little mystery in life..So maybe, I suppose, I am a 50/50 believer, but is that at all possible? Could you be 50% Catholic and 50% Muslim? Maybe that is a bit extreme, but I do think it shows you exaclty what I mean, or confuses the hell out of you.. I think, I mean, well I guess I am just confused. Maybe I am too scared to believe in fate that i dont want to believe in it cause I dont like where it is taking me and who it wants to bring into my life, and who it wants to leave out.. Why do i want to keep these people? I guess I am scared to loose someone I can relate to , or try to move on and meet new people.. Maybe its cause I feel I cant live with out them... But can I? tricky thing "fate" is.. If you dont believe sure, sounds good, but how do you explain you dont, can you? I dont know.. So I guess this whole post is endless mumblings of a insane kender.....

Guest Kasmandre

Hmm...fate. The way I figure, if there is no fate, then it's not worth believing in. And if there is, then I'm fated to do whatever I do, so I might as well not believe in it. --------------

Kasmandre, Initiate of the Pen

"Time slowed, reality bent. On and on the Eggman went."

-Dreamcatcher. by Stephen King

"So long, and thanks for all the fish."

-Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. by Douglas Adams

"Let's Roll."

-Flight 93

Myself, I have the foolish belief that all our paths are set, but at that same time our paths are our own to choose. I realise that may sound stupid to some, but it makes sense to me.

(Also, I have this theory I call 'The Rule of Opposites' ...it's not exactly fate, but basically it goes if you truly believe something is going to happen a certain way, chances are, the opposite is true... but it only seems to work for me, and usually not in my favor... it's more or less an amusing form of irony and coincidence. Nonetheless, I recommend observing things, and see if this holds true... it'd be interesting to see the results.)

~Shrugs~

I've always said, Nyyark's a genius (actually that's the first time I ever say that).

Yeah. In a strictly theoretical way everything is fated, but just because you will ultimately have the chance to only choose one of the myriad choices presented you doesn't mean the choice wasn't there for you to make as long as someone tells you what happens in the future =)

Oh, shut up, me, that's crazy talk!

Impostor

I'm not trying to make a difference, no way.