The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Promotions!

Gwaihir

Walks in with a roll of parchment, which he unrolls dramatically

Oyez Oyez! The following have been promoted!

New Quill-Bearers:

Foe Calibur

Balladore

Falcon2k1

Lady Celes Crusader

Valdar and Astralis

New Pages:

Belizean

Bhurin

Damienn Ravencroft

Excedrin

Justin Silverblade

Nyyark

Rahsash Geldich

Tralla

Turi

Guest Foe Calibur

Foe raised his head to adress the parchment bearing Gwaihir as the way was made to the stage

Streatching back in his chair, leaving an unfinished parchment of his own to lay unheeded on the table Foe listened intently.

Foe claps politely after the Page promotion list has been read

Sitting back once more Foe listens, after not hearing his name on the previous list his hopes are high. Listening once more Foe hears his name in te list of Quill bearers, boudning from his seat Foe lunges at the nearest person hugging him/her happily.

"Woohoo!"

"Congratualtions all! I believe all of the promotions awarded tonight were well earned... if not a little late!"

Bhurin, rising slowly from his seat, suddenly raises his arms into the arm and lets out a Homer-style:

"Woo Hoo!"

"Thanks guys, and congratulations to everyone promoted. It is a great honor, and I deeply appreciate it. More notably, however, I'd like to congratulate those who made Quill-Bearer, a particularly note-worthy title. Good job guys, all of you desearve it!"

Bhurin rushes off to get his new sig...

Aye, a hearty congratulations to all our newly promoted gophers....

eh...

I mean, Pages.....

Embarrased at his slip, Jakob busily looks for something to drink...

Ummm... Foe, could you spare a nip?

I'm a simple man. All I want is enough sleep for two normal men, enough whiskey for three, and enough women for four...

Quill-Bearer of The Pen is Mightier Than the Sword

Falcon walks onstage and looks around hesitantly, then clears his throat.

"Well, uh...uhm...yeah...I'm...reallyreallyexcitedaboutallthispromotionstuffandit'sreallycoolandyeahandthankyouall!"

Falcon steps down, bows and shuffles out with the news

Cioden Darkeye

Quill-Bearer - The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

President of the Peredhil Fan Club

Owner of the Reply Raven - Enemy to all those who never post responses

Ashaman - WoT - Blitz II

Council - The Hunters - Blitz II

Leisure Officer - SFV Ultima - Beta

Guest Lord Seth Exodus

Seth applauds with a smile on his face. "Bravo all! My many congratulations." He raises his cup of tea, "a toast to all who have received these promotions: Good health to you all, and good show. May you swiftly move upward to your deserving positions. And may the rest of us not be far behind." He tips back his tea, and walks over to shake the hands of some of his closer friends.

-Seth Exodus

Initiate of The Pen

"And so there we were, the three of us verses the great dragon Uglyn," continued Justin. He was at the bar chatting with a couple of other Pen members when Gwaihir started in with his parchment.

"And the new Pages are as follows,"

Justin gave the new elder a quick glance and went back to his story. "Of course, my two commrades ran immeadiately, leaving me with the fate of battling the dragon..."

"Belizean, Bhurin, Damienn Ravencroft..."

"...Well, what could I do? I threw the gauntlets down and went at'er. And I'll tell you, Uglyn was no ordinary dragon. His scales were tougher then steel, and his breath was more rancid then, well, you-know-who..."

"Excedrin, Justin Silverblade, Nyyark..."

"So I swung my sword for five days and four nights, and fought the fearsome thing. He-"

"Uh, Silverbade," intrupted one of his listeners. "I think you-"

Justin shook his head. "Not now, this is the good part. In the end I found myself gripped by his awesome talon/claw thingy..."

"Rahsash Geldich, Tralla, and Turi."

"With lightning force I threw my sword as I approched his mouth and-" Justin's head perked up. "Tralla? Turi? Hey I know them... What's Gwaihir listing names off for?" he asked.

"Like I was trying to say, Silverblade, they're listing promotions," answered his listener.

Seth found his way over to Justin and congratulated him, offering his hand to shake.

"Wha-?" Justin asked, gripping the hand firmly for a moment.

"Congratulations my friend, on your promotion." Seth repeated.

Justin gaped in awe for a moment. "You mean... I was..." And then his yell shrilled through the air as he did a Flinstone-style yabba-dabba-do jump:

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

"Drinks all 'round! Compliments of this guy, right here!" shouted Justin pointing to a random listener in his group. He found his way over to an old record player, put on a Jazz classic - In the Mood, and proceeded to dance with any ladies nearby.

[OOC - Thanks guys. I'm looking forward to being around for a while.]