The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Greetings to all!

Guest Foe Calibur

Guest Foe Calibur

"I great thee well, my friends." Bowing slightly upon entering the establishent I continued, "I only hope it is recieved as thus." Walking over to the nearest table I seat myself facing the crowd who, for the moment, don't seem to notice.

"And thus my tale begins... a new start in these ages of din, I settle my woes in this tavern as such, and hope the saga continues."

What at first appeared to be a shadow in the corner shifts slightly, letting out a soft sound that could only be a soft yawn. With more shifting and the rusting of paper, the figure changes shape as the frame beneath the soft black fabric rises from her seat. As Foe Calibur looks on in curiosity, the rather small form turns, and he finds himself blinking as the torchlight reaches into the darkness of the cowl and illuminates fair skin, warm, grey-green eyes, and a soft smile.

Yui-chan tucks the last bits of parchment back into her pocket, moving her enchanted Quill to follow as she takes the few steps over to the stranger's table. Once there, she bows slightly and lowers the cowl to let her golden-blonde hair tumble free. "Good day, sirrah. Welcome to the Cabaret room of the Pen. My name is Yui-chan, one of the many aspiring Quill-bearers you will find roaming this place. And you?"

A white gate appears to the room, making everybody nearby to stare at it, the battle against the minions of the Dreamer still fresh in memory. Out steps a beautiful, androgynous archangel, carrying a large trumpet on its back and a scroll case on its belt. Its shine lights up the room around it, and it smiles a perfect, celestial smile to Foe Calibur.

"~~Welcome, m'lord, to the Pen is mightier than the Sword - my master the Dreamer sends his greetings.~~"

After delivering its message in a beautiful, angelic voice, it bows and walks softly back through the gate.

Guest Foe Calibur

My eyes, entranced by the beauty before me, strayed naught from her eyes as I rose to greet her. Walking to meet such a creature is never as flawlessly executed as one hopes. Stumbling slightly as I ventured near, I extended my hand slightly, not to seam eager, and grasped that of hers. Bowing slightly, I rose her hand to my lips, a gentle embrace as, skin to skin, I relished that before me, "M'Lady, your presence is most welcomed." Upright now, I looked once again at the beauty before me, heart warmed by the smile beheld within it's frame, and continued, "To answer your question, I am a new member of this establishment, one who has yet to learn the rules of etiquete and such."

I reached to pull out the chair for which Yui-Chan was closest to, and motioned for her to sit...

• 2 months later...

Even as the new-comer takes his seat, the Huntress is drawn back into shadows.

Walking in, Peredhil sees Foe Caliber and smiles widely. Trailed by Nuncio and Guido, he strolls over to welcome the Crystal Tides Guildmaster.

Half way across the room, he pauses, for a most strange sight has occurred before his eyes; Foe Caliber has risen from his seat and is searching the table and chairs!

He looks under the table, and in the immediate vicinity, carefully searching the shadowy alcove.

Turning to scan the room, he sees the half-elf and the Guinea Pigs staring at him.

A most transcendent vision of loveliness, quoth he has appeared and faded from my eyes.

The Pen is Mightier than the Sword, but I fear Beauty is most perilous of all.

Somewhat non-plussed, Peredhil replies,

Oh.

Welcome to the Cabaret Room!

In a corner of the bar, kitty-corner to where Yui was sitting was a shadow cast by an ornamental shrub. The shadow twitched left and right, then stopped suddenly. Out of the shadow stepped a man dressed all in black, a voluminous robe covering his entire body. When the cowl of the robe was pushed back, the torchlight glittered off two black eyes set in the holes of a silk mask that covered the face of the mage completely. Pushing his ear-length black hair back from his eyes a little, the man walked forward and bowed slightly to Foe Calibur.

"Greetings, friend. And let me welcome you to the Cabaret Room inside the Mighty Pen Keep. If you would be so kind as to walk over to the Assembly Hall and enter the thread entitled 'The Many Rooms of the Mighty Pen Keep' and describe for us what your living acccomodations are like, it will be automatically added to the Pen Keep, and you shall have a place to stay for the rest of your days here in the castle." Bowing slightly again, the nameless mage started to turn.

"Wait," asked Foe Calibur. "I never heard your name."

The mage stopped, then turned around, his black depthless eyes gleaming slightly.

"The name is Cioden Darkeye, master of the shadows."

CiodenDarkeye

Initiate of The Pen

Hopeful Patron Saint of Impatience

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Foe Calibur

My appologies on not replying sooner, school has kept me quite busy as of late. However, my plans to return to the active world seam to be well under way. I have posted as you suggested, I hope it is satisfactory.

I have noticed that my previous works, as I had posted them much earlier, are no longer existant on this site...