The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

The Karthinian Giant

TLDunn213

I don't know why I can't reply to the Help post but as I can't I'll put my thoughts here. And because my mind just works like that, I'm linking the two ideas you mentioned in your email.

The small child who finds the box under the bed. When he opens the box there is a carved figure, about six inches high, of a Warior in full gear. But not really ready for battle. The sword is sheathed, shield and spear strapped on his back with the helmet hanging by its chin strap from the end of the spear.

The figure stands on a base with the words: "The Karthinian Giant" carved on the front. On the bottom is the instruction: "Place me where I can see and I will gard all that I can see."

That's all the inspiration I've got on this for now. Whoever wants to try to take this further Go for it.

• Like 1

Nice to see you too.

At some point I should have the kid take a closer look at the box that the magical Warior figure arrived in. 

Ornately carved. Dark, heavy wood of a type the kid has never seen before. Strange Magical symbols all over it. 

A folded piece of parchment under the figure. The writing is in Strange runes that the child has never seen before; and yet as he looks at it he is perfectly able to understand what they say.

The writing of the figure is the same and only after looking at the parchment does he realize that he read it without noticing that it was in an unknown language.

The boy is between 6 and 10.

Small town. Middle ages early Renaissance feel about it.

His bedroom is a small part of the attic above an inn/tavern. His family owns it, or he was taken in by the family that does. 

Taken in. Just showed up one day.

Not sure how old he is, where he comes from, how old he is. Or even his name.

No; he does know his name.  Eric.

The name came to him when he thought about it. But nothing else about his past has been willing to reveal itself, yet.

All this is coming to me in bits so far and I'm just jotting it down. At some point, when I have enough information to work with I should take the time to organize all this into a more proper narrative style.

• Like 1

More about Eric.

He's closer to 10 than 6 but he's small for his age.

Red hair green eyes. Surprisingly strong for his size and amazingly fast.

Red hair and green eyes are not unknown in the village but are features seen on travelers much more than those that live there. He's also paler than most people. Not albino or anything but definitely lighter skined.

Strange things seem to just happen around Eric. Uncanny good luck for him and people around him when he's in a good mood; which is most of the time. But equally Uncanny bad luck for anyone who is being mean to him.

• Thanks 1

YES. This is exactly what I hoped for. You and Harmony have GREAT ideas on what these "seeds" can become! I'm thinking of making a new section, like the Literature Clock, maybe call it the Nursery, where anyone can post a "seed" and then others can post their vision of it in the Assembly Room, Banquet Room, etc.

Maybe, just MAYBE, it will get some more activity going.

One can only hope!

• Like 1