The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Deep Ones

TLDunn213

Deep Ones are the result of Thulien larvae implanting into Merefolk and/or Tritons.

The Morphosis process and results are basically the same as for implantation into land based humanoids. There is a somewhat higher survival rate for Kulls than in their land based counterparts But this is due to the simple fact of how implantation can occur in an aquatic environment. 

Implantation on land is basically only going to happen with help. So there will be Thuliens, typically in the Illith phase of their life cycle, nearby to notice and dispose of Kulls when they occur.

But in an aquatic environment implantation can occur in a much more by chance manner. With a larvae simply finding a sleeping Formdoner implanting itself. 

As to aperance Deepones look like Illith from the waist up and like a Merefolk or Triton from the waist down.

An interesting side note on this is that Merefolk and Tritons seem to be two forms of the same species. That are simply manifesting different aspects of their nature. 

Most notably the single vs split tail/legs and abilitie to come ashore, breathe air, and so on.

From my research it seems that switching between Triton and Merefolk modes is a function of environment and will. Although there may be some potion involved to help expedite the process. Which seems to take a few days to a week to accomplish. 

It is also worth noting that Kulls seem to be much more accepted in Merefolk/Triton society than is the case on land. As to why I have yet to find any particular reason. But given that acceptance of Kulls varies widely in land based cultures it is quite likely that I will find that there is no particular reason and it is simply a matter of circumstance and expedience.

Screenshot_20221022-063345_Gallery.jpg

• Like 1