The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Silly Application

Sillytune

Hiya, i'm here well to obviously apply for the YOLO-ship of this awesome site.

I guess i'll be writing to you, as i would write, read and talk to myself.
When it comes to writing my passion 's quite wast, tho' most of stuff that i do (lately) 're practically blog wised short stories about masks and people behind them - hence the theme of blog "City of Demons"
I actually have a plan to publish a book under such tittle but that's a discussion for some other time.
So, why am i here again?
It's kind of simple, English isn't my native language, and this form of speech - i kinda want to craft it, empower it, enrich it, and all those viable adjectives (Those're adjectives, hopefully, grammar was never kinda my strongest point)
When it comes to my work, or what i would be writing about, lately i'm quite interested in existential psychology, so i guess i'd be writing about everyday life, for someone it's rediscovering of "hot water", but i have pride in what i do, and i believe that my way of expression - just as anyone's else - 's unique.

I'll leave you for now with rough translation of a part of something that i've written before, and a link to a discussion about some well quite different subject

This's raw translation with some minor well grammar stuff'

I hold my finger in the air.
I look at you, i don't see nothing, i'm blind, lost.
Go on, don't stop
Please, because
Tonight, i cry
It's hard.
You know
That's why you're here.
I know.
I want you to help.
I get it.
I want you to help me.
Pull me out from shit because everything is nothing.
I'm not the one.
Show me that you care.
You're not the one.
I don't know you.
I'm flowing the story, we've just met.
I know you.
I see you.
I can't.
I'm in a dream.
I'm scared.
Emotions're surging, i know you want it.
You're chasing wrong picture - you're reading between the lines, you know how to listen, but you can't hear anything - You're deef'
Make a first move.
I can't
Make a first move
You're not the one.
I listen to you, i want to help - that's all
Wait - stop
And tell you which the way wind blows
Monday: 12:00 PM
I'm waking up, sober, today should be a good day
You, do not drink (a lot) - why sober?
Thoughts in me they drunken, they raze - leaving nothing behind.
Go on.
Straight WC - ritual of rituals, morning's shower
Monologue's circling:
Today you're continuing with reading book.
Today you're continuing with man-transformation clips
Today you're following code.
Okay, wait, stop, what?
Flow of water's starting, i feel at peace.
Monologue's circling.
I'm in trap.
Breathing, slowly
Inhale, deep
Exhale,weak
You know, it'd be a lot interesting when all of this would stop
What exactly?
Well let's say, just right now that that i get hit by a heart attack, or you know, random flaw in electrics to pop out and...
Why that?
You didn't think like this yesterday, you didn't think like this to several minutes before
Don't bullshit
You're looking for attention?
Yeah, but not from you.
From yourself?
Why the fuck would i need it?
Do you consider yourself so low, so shallow that there's nothing in life for you that matters.
.. It matters, i'm trying, i'm working, shaking
Breaking glass on piece of pieces with the thought of connecting the puzzle that's supposed to represent me.
Supposed to?
Supposed to.
I'm trying to tell you something
What?
I love you.
Bullshit
You hate yourself.
I'm circling monologue, story
Can't feel the flow, water's evaporating.
I stop.
Standing naked, in front of a mirror, looking at myself
Today you're fine
You'll be fine.
You look fine, you're cool, nice, interesting
A small smile 's showing, i almost believed it
For i have tried so many times

And a link to the discussion:
http://patrickdurham.net/themightypen/index.php?/topic/17292-introduction-and-a-code/

~ Hope you find this interesting and helpful

Till next pages.
Silly.

Edited by Sillytune

Degorram sat up quickly, snorting in surprise as she was jerked out of the position she had dozed off in by the gentle knocking on the Recruitment Office door. She flailed for a long, drawn-out second as her sudden movement set her chair off balance, and fell over backwards, the air in her lungs taking its leave with a *WHOOSH*.

"Come in," Degorram wheezed, struggling to get back her breath as she disentangled herself from the treacherous chair. She pointed at the door, and with a snap of her fingers it swung open, revealing a very startled looking Pennite. Sillytune jerked their head back from where they had pressed their ear against the door.

"Come in," Degorram repeated with a little more volume as she stood, wincing at the bruise on the back of her head where she had smacked the floor. "Yes -- *cough* -- welcome, welcome. Please do have a seat." She gestured at the chair in front of her desk. "You have an application for membership?"

"Er...yes," Sillytune said, handing the papers in their hand over to the Changeling. "Are you ok?" The prospective Pennite sat with only a little hesitation, as Sillytune noticed the petite red cushion that was perched in the offered chair; it had started to purr.

"Fine, fine," Degorram said, waving a hand absently as she regained her own chair and began glancing through the application. "I've dealt with worse." The Changeling brushed a few dust motes off of her clothing and extended a hand to shake. "Welcome to the Recruitment Office. I'm Degorram -- Skald and Elder of Initiates." Without another moment, she turned to the application in her other hand. She drummed her fingers on the desk as she read, ears and eyebrows twitching with each stanza.

"Very nice," she said at last, putting the application papers down with a rustle. "You say English is not your first language, but you have very decent command of it. I would be much interested to see the original work in your tongue, side by side with the translation. There's a room around here specifically for works in other languages..." She rummaged in one of her desk drawers for a moment before pulling out a small map of the Pen. She circled one section with her finger and handed it over to Sillytune. "Head over to the European Classics room, if you have a mind."

"So....that's it?" Sillytune asked, looking around the office as if expecting some other kind of test.

The door behind Degorram squeaked rudely, and she tossed a crumpled piece of paper at it with vehemence. "Yes," Degorram replied, refusing to translate the previous comment. "That's it. Welcome to the Pen! Feel free to stop by and get further acquainted, if you like, but you'll find me haunting the Assembly Room from time to time as well. Otherwise, I encourage you to take a wander and get to know what's where. Stop and ask for directions if you get lost. If there aren't any other Pennites around, the walls will know where you are, at least."

• Like 1

Degorram sat up quickly, snorting in surprise as she was jerked out of the position she had dozed off in by the gentle knocking on the Recruitment Office door. She flailed for a long, drawn-out second as her sudden movement set her chair off balance, and fell over backwards, the air in her lungs taking its leave with a *WHOOSH*.

"Come in," Degorram wheezed, struggling to get back her breath as she disentangled herself from the treacherous chair. She pointed at the door, and with a snap of her fingers it swung open, revealing a very startled looking Pennite. Sillytune jerked their head back from where they had pressed their ear against the door.

"Come in," Degorram repeated with a little more volume as she stood, wincing at the bruise on the back of her head where she had smacked the floor. "Yes -- *cough* -- welcome, welcome. Please do have a seat." She gestured at the chair in front of her desk. "You have an application for membership?"

"Er...yes," Sillytune said, handing the papers in their hand over to the Changeling. "Are you ok?" The prospective Pennite sat with only a little hesitation, as Sillytune noticed the petite red cushion that was perched in the offered chair; it had started to purr.

"Fine, fine," Degorram said, waving a hand absently as she regained her own chair and began glancing through the application. "I've dealt with worse." The Changeling brushed a few dust motes off of her clothing and extended a hand to shake. "Welcome to the Recruitment Office. I'm Degorram -- Skald and Elder of Initiates." Without another moment, she turned to the application in her other hand. She drummed her fingers on the desk as she read, ears and eyebrows twitching with each stanza.

"Very nice," she said at last, putting the application papers down with a rustle. "You say English is not your first language, but you have very decent command of it. I would be much interested to see the original work in your tongue, side by side with the translation. There's a room around here specifically for works in other languages..." She rummaged in one of her desk drawers for a moment before pulling out a small map of the Pen. She circled one section with her finger and handed it over to Sillytune. "Head over to the European Classics room, if you have a mind."

"So....that's it?" Sillytune asked, looking around the office as if expecting some other kind of test.

The door behind Degorram squeaked rudely, and she tossed a crumpled piece of paper at it with vehemence. "Yes," Degorram replied, refusing to translate the previous comment. "That's it. Welcome to the Pen! Feel free to stop by and get further acquainted, if you like, but you'll find me haunting the Assembly Room from time to time as well. Otherwise, I encourage you to take a wander and get to know what's where. Stop and ask for directions if you get lost. If there aren't any other Pennites around, the walls will know where you are, at least."

With back turned toward Degorram, you could only see faint smile across Sillytune's face as he raised his hand in a gesture while heading towards the door that has shaped itself into a slowly-opening lion gate. A warm echo filled the ever-changing chamber with simple words *Will do, till i see you again*

Edited by Sillytune

A black wolf lifted her head from the place she had been dozing - truly making company to Degorram, apparently - and grinned at seeing the new Applicant. Wagging her tail once and hiding a yawn, Tanny sat down and tilted her head, following Degorram's expression as the Changeling read the parchment.

Chuckling at the creaking - complaining, really - door, Tanny swatted it with her tail as she went to peek over the Application, before turning to Sillytune with a smile.

"Welcome to the Pen, Sillytune. You will probably find me poking my nose here and there around the Keep, so whatever you need, you can also ask me. In addition to what Degorram said, I could suggest you to visit the Cabaret Room for small talk. Usually you can also get news of any activities around the Keep; I happen to have posted something just recently about them. Hope you have fun with us!"

She flapped a paw when the new Initiate tilted his head curiously at her - a talking wolf? - and chuckled softly. "You'll soon find more about me - maybe you want to visit the Piazza of Portraits at some point, if you do go check the Walls! Happy exploring!"

Without much more, and with a somewhat enigmatic glint in her eyes, Tanny quickly trotted out from the room, letting Degorram know that she'd be back later.

• Like 1