The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Bad Snypiuer

Snypiuer

*You walk in to find Snypiuer napping and smack him upside the head, sending him crashing to the ground.*

You: HEY! It's been about TWO frickin' months since your last update!

Snypiuer: *Groggy* Uhhh?

You: Twwoooo mmmooonnntthhhsss, two, two months. It's been about two months. WHAT do they pay you for!?

Snypiuer: *Bewildered* I get paid!?

You: *Slaps own forehead with hand, shakes head slowly and mutters to self* What a MORON!

O.K., we have three Pennites doing the 100 Poems in 100 Days challenge - All in the Banquet Room and titled 'Challenging Myself':

Mardrax

Challenging Myself

James Crow

Challenging Myself

Tavarilyn

Challenging Myself

As long as they finish 100 poems within 100 days of their first poem, they will each get a FREE MIGHTY PEN T-SHIRT! That is as long as no one else steps up and gives them a run for their money.

I have to say that they are posting some really good poems and I am SO happy about it! :w00t:

It seems that the Banquet Room is the place to be, with these posts:

The Death of Rats

What?

- What can you say about ANYTHING written by The Death of Rats? If you DON'T like it OR you actually UNDERSTAND it, something is wrong with you. If you don't like it BECAUSE you understand it, seek help IMMEDIATELY!

Jomeansme

My Words

- This poem just reminds me that I wish Jomeansme would post MORE!

Signe

meta poetry

- Like EVERYONE else, I love Signe and want her to know that I do NOT blame her. She gave us a REALLY cool little toy to play with. My problem? I spent I-do-NOT-know-how-long putting in ALL my poems, ONLY to have it DELETE EVERYTHING THREE FRICKIN' TIMES!!! (O.K., I did it when I accidentally hit the 'back' button while switching between screens and cutting and pasting. BUT, it was when I was almost done EACH time and I blame IT!!!)

Mardrax

All Work and no Play

- Mardrax wrote this WHILE FALLING ASLEEP! Am I the ONLY one who reads this and thinks, "Why do I even TRY to write this well when he does it less than half awake?"

Patrick

A Muse Tickles

- Simple. Elegant. Patrick.

James Crow

Golden Goose

- Each time I read this, it SEEMS to change meaning in a very subtle way. Read it for yourself, read it for someone else.

mai takekaze

a poem for fun

- WOW! Just read it and you'll understand!

The Library did have a couple of additions:

The Death of Rats

Status Optimal

- Is it a bad thing that this makes my brain itch. . . AND I LIKE IT!? :unsure:

Peredhil

The Short Story

- ANOTHER helpful link from just about the most helpful and HUG-TASTIC Pennite you'll EVER meet!

Finally, Alaric gave us 'Trust', which can be found in The Scarlet Pen. How much can you TRULY trust the person you love? Read this and start sleeping with one eye open.

Also, HOPE everyone liked the BLACK PEN skin.

As always, you can go to the bottom of the page and, on the left side, click on the drop down menu and choose whichever skin you want to use.

Oh yeah, one more thing. . . POST!!! :lol:

James slowly walks into the Mighty Pen, with a pop and a grin. But upon seeing Snypiuer he freezes with horror. He runs over, jumping and shouting with joy. Seeing Snypiuer's confused look James just say, "I thought you were dead!" James then stops, quickly looks to his right and walks like a zombie out of the room. After exiting James gives a grin and whispers, "That ought to confuse them."

Snypiuer is taken aback when James says he thought Snypiuer was dead.

You see, it wouldn't be the first time Snypiuer woke from a nap to find that he WAS, in deed, dead.

Just to be careful, Snypiuer remained on the ground and took inventory of his surroundings.

It was a good sign that there were no Demons attempting to torture him and an even better sign that he was neither in an all consuming inferno nor on an endless plane of soul numbing ice - separately, they're not so bad, but finding one's self dead AND in any of those situations is usually a harbinger of a rather inconvenient day.

He reasoned that, unless it was like that one time he died and he found himself trapped in a world where a thing called 'Disco' was the dominate form of entertainment (one of the few memories that can actually shake Snypiuer to the very core of his being), he was most likely NOT dead.

Still, one never knows, so he remained on the ground - you know, just in case he WAS dead (people tend to be suspicious of you when you're dead and don't act like it).

After a while, he started to feel hungry, so he took that as a sign that there was a good chance he may very well NOT be dead, when he notices the Raven. Snypiuer blinks his eye rapidly to moisten it so that it will glisten invitingly and then lies motionless - waiting.

He remains still as Harmony and Muse walk in and then leave.

As Harmony and Muse leave, Snypiuer mentally files away the negative review and thinks to himself, "She really DOES care!"

And waits. . .