The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Werewolf?

Snypiuer

O.K., been some talk about a game of Werewolf, so:

Let's see what kind of response we get.

Would need someone to run it and enough players.

Leave messages here as to when you can play and if you'd like to run it.

For those who do not know of this game, check out the rules at:

http://www.patrickdurham.net/themightypen/index.php?showtopic=10823

Also (this will eventually be a topic of its' own), trying to figure out ACTUAL birth date of the site - Member Profile for the site states January 16, 2003. But, first post I was able to find is July 4, 2001. I BELIEVE the January 16, 2003 date was due to a change of some sort since the VAST majority of original members start date is January 15, 2003.

So far, we're leaning toward July 4th, 2001 - which would mean THIS July 4th is the 10th Anniversary of the site.

PLEASE let us know ANYTHING you may know or your opinion on the matter - the SOONER it's figured out, the sooner we can start to plan what we can do to celebrate it.

Like I said, THAT will be a Topic all its' own!

Hope you guys liked the Valentine skin, I'm working on an updated Tan skin (building it around the old Tan background - which is all that's left of it), so hopefully I'll have that done before too long (will TRY not to go overboard on it)!

I THOUGHT that at least ONE person *coughcough-Degorram-coughcough* would have posted AT LEAST a simple 'Be my Valentine' to the Pen and therefor claim a FREE MIGHTY PEN T-SHIRT as stated in the last News post. But I GUESS no one *coughcough-Degorram-coughcough* had time to do so.

Well, I have more to give away, I'm thinking (just to teach a certain someone *coughcough-DEGORRAM-coughcough* a lesson) I'mma just gonna give one away to . . .

GILES! It's been pointed out that you are sometimes the ONLY active member for weeks and you DESERVE a shirt (something I FULLY agree with) - SO PM a size and address and it is YOURS!

I was ALSO thinking Kikuyu, but I love Degorram too much to be THAT mean! Don't worry, you'll have more chances!

We've had more Prodigal Pennites check-in:

Check-in Here http://www.patrickdurham.net/themightypen/index.php?showtopic=16926

and

We want you back http://www.patrickdurham.net/themightypen/index.php?showtopic=16813

While Atadiusti gave us:

Someplace Better http://www.patrickdurham.net/themightypen/index.php?showtopic=17054

and

Somebody Save Me! http://www.patrickdurham.net/themightypen/index.php?showtopic=17055

Two VERY good pieces that more than complement each other!

That's about it. . . a little slow. . . soooooo. . .

I'MMA GIVING AWAY ANOTHER FREE MIGHTY PEN T-SHIRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Check-in later to see how YOU can be the one to win it!!!

*falls over on the floor and dies*

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT???????????????????????

Oh, I guess it's my own bloody fault. Let it be known, however, that I generally boycott Valentines' Day, but will be celebrating Valentines Day next year. And only because next year I have picked a burning ball of space gases far far away from here as my Valentine.

I'm a Romantic type, you know. You'll get a poem then.

By the way, you might want to see a doctor about that cough of yours. *disinfects the surrounding area*

To hear a wolf howl,

at the moon.

To see men on the prowl,

at high noon.

To feel acts most afoul,

makes me swoon.

To speak like the owl,

during the commune.

To fly like the wildfowl,

fleeing the monsoon.

To any who wish to yowl,

better join soon.

In less words, COUNT ME IN!!!!!!.... also sorry for the little poem, couldn't help myself:)

Snypiuer stands before James, arms crossed, foot a-tapping, "Listen here - does a pack of Devil Monkeys and/or Monkey Devils APOLOGIZE for ambushing you and dragging your limp carcass away to do UNIMAGINABLE and DISGUSTING acts upon it that are so VILE and DEPRAVED, that they are never, EVER to be so much as CONTEMPLATED, let-alone, SPOKEN of by even the most lowly and vulgar creations of the DARKEST of all Gods!?"

James: "Uhhhh. . . ?!" :unsure:

Snypiuer: "That's RIGHT! THUS! Taking this bit of knowledge and applying it here, the OBVIOUS lesson for you is. . . well?!"

James: "Uhhh. . . ?!" :unsure:

Snypiuer: "CORRECT AGAIN! I am ASTOUNDED by your insight! The lesson is - YOU WILL NEVER APOLOGIZE FOR GRACING US WITH YOUR WORDS!"

James stands, dumbfounded, blinking and staring at Snypiuer and wondering to himself, "Just, EXACTLY, how insane is this guy?!" :blink:

As James uses his peripheral vision to locate the nearest exit, Snypiuer looks sternly at him and softly, with authority, says, "Do I make myself clear?"

Well, that's three of us.

We need more and someone to run it. . . so, let us know if you want to join!

James, your poem was great!

I, personally, don't care WHERE you post them, as long as you keep 'em coming!