The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Help!

Salinye

If you were to derez the pixilation, you'd find that Snypiuer has NO idea what he is talking about. Seriously, a mentally deficient monkey with head trauma has more computer knowledge then me.

Think Tzimfemme (Quincunx) was working on that problem. Patrick seems to have escaped his forced servitude to the Pen, but you might try sending him a message and see if he responds.

Glad to see you around!

Uselessly yours (as always),

That's odd. I do remember the signature in question and that image wasn't it. This is sized to be more of a background image than a long rectangular signature and the sig was cropped from this (but had the stylish horizontal lines added back on).

These days, I am resizing images before I upload them with ye olde resize command(e) in IrfanView (ctrl-R for the shortcut). Gives a handy dialogue box where you can choose dimensions in pixels and what-not, and also allows you to keep the ratio and just change one measure. Given that you have hosted it at Photobucket, though, you can tweak the size of it there. Above the image in your album is an "Edit" tag, and that goes straight to a page with a Resize utility of its own.

There IS a command in bbcode to resize images on the go, but that command isn't working in signatures at the moment. Trying to find where to turn that on. . . (EDIT: Oh joy. Guess how you expand the list of usable bbcode commands? XML. *headdesk* For future reference, it's (width)x(height), expressed in pixels.)

(I am making no progress whatsoever on the learning of xml, which is needed to fix the look of this place. :/ )

I miss the good old days where HTML was law, and none of this crappy BB code or CCS code or XML was very popular. If it was used widely, it was behind the scenes...

All of what Quincunx said will do nicely for your purposes. Another option would be to simply copy the image into Paint, or a Paint-like program, and resize it yourself with ye olde click and drag. You can then reload it to Photobucket and put the properties in your code anew.

Best of luck with this most strange turn of events.