The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

An Unusually Normal Entrance

Hjolnai

Solorassil walked quite rapidly along the road. He would have looked quite human, if it weren't for the dense, dark fog which surrounded him, making observation difficult. His determined stride took him toward the gates of the Pen.

Presently, he arrived at the open gate of the keep, and knocked sharply on the wall beside the gate. Bill the gate guard looked up from his book, and saw the shadowy figure; he nearly fell off his seat in surprise. After taking a moment to mutter about how he "should be used to this by now, with all the magic here", Bill stood and spoke clearly.

"Who are you, and why does one so evil-looking seek to enter the halls of the Pen?"

"I am Solorassil, and please do not hold my appearance against me; I have no choice how I look. I came to the keep of the Pen to avoid persecution over my... unusual appearance."

"Well, all right then... you can go in. But don't go making me regret it."

Surprising, they're as accepting as the rumours which brought me here. I should be able to collect many memories without being caught, with the eccentricity of the inhabitants... perfect. Still, I must be very careful; if they divine my purpose in being here, I'll lose an excellent source of minds to steal good memories from. I'll just have to befriend as many as possible, so that I become a pillar of the community. Only a few memories should be stolen at first, because everyone will be suspicious for six months or so... but I'll be making sure not to take any memories which will have their absence noticed anyway, and avoid taking any risks.

Continuing to scheme, Solorassil made his way into the depths of the keep, seeking a way to show himself to be harmless.

OOC: Sorry if I'm stepping on anyone's toes with Bill the Gate Guard here, but I didn't really want to search for other depictions of the Pen gates and guards at the moment.

The Wyvern carefully stalks his latest prey, gauging his gullibility from the sidelines and tip-toeing after him, knocking over Cabaret decor loudly with his tail in the process. The overgrown lizard quickly pulls out a Bruteweiser breath freshener when he's spotted, spritzing its froth into his mouth and adjusting his succubi tie before approaching the newcomer.

"Ssssolorassil right?" Wyvern flashes a wide toothy grin and grabs the misty pennite's hand, shaking it enthusiastically until he notices the look of concern on Solorassil's face. "Oh, don't be alarmed that I know your name... There'sss this guy Bill that I hire to pretend to be a security guard, so that I can get the names and demeanor of newcomersss before they spread to the Pen masses. Ssstrictly for administrational purposesss, of course! Eheheheh. Please, take a seat."

Wyvern grabs a spare chair and scoots it out behind Solorassil so quickly that the pennite is practically forced to stumble back and accept it. The reptilian Elder promptly hands Solorassil a shotglass of Bruteweiser and a "Welcome to the Mighty Pen Shopping Center" brochure published by Almost Dragonic Inc.

"I'm Wyvern, pleassssed to meet you." Wyvern pauses to dig into his pockets and pull out a series of notecards, which he lifts to his snout as he continues. "Now that you've arrived at the Pen, I do hope you'll take advantage of sssome of the fabulous sssales that I'm offering. Almost Dragonic Brand Pointy Elf Muffs™ down to 300 geld at 20% off, Almost Dragonic Brand Personalized Demisting Fanner Imp™ down to 1500 geld at 30% off, Almost Dragonic Brand Sneeze-Fried Second-Hand Rice™ at only 30 geld a clawful, Almost Dragonic Brand Forged Wyvern Pen Records™ on sale for 280 geld or 50 geld per read. Cheap cheap cheap!"

Wyvern scatters a plethora of half-broken products he hasn't even mentioned yet onto the Cabaret table and grins, flicking out his forked tongue and spreading his arms and wings wide.

"Only a fool wouldn't take advantage of these special limited time offers." Wyvern nods, then raises a claw to his chin and considers. "Well, a fool or an extremely suspicious person..."

Thwack

Wyvern is immediatly airborn as he proceeds in doing a triple backflip out the window into the nearby garden. Behind the spot which Wyvern was just seated was a one eyed man with a severly dented fryingpan. The man quickly looked over the newcomer then to his frying pan. "Great that is another one Wyvern owes me. Anyways my name is Racouol and I think it would be fair to let you know to be weary of Wyvern. I think that he would sell you the air you were breathing if he could figure out a way to get away with it." Racouol then turned around then walked away.

OOC: A little short I know but hey I think it served his purpose. No hard feeling Wyv, I just hadn't had a chance to knock anyone around for a while now.