The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

An Almost Dragonic Birthday

Degorram

DoodeeDOOOO!

A trumpet blast echoed over the halls as Degorram marched down it, blowing with all her might into the tiny instrument. An obnoxious and amazing amount of noise was coming from it, even though she could only play it with two fingers it was so small. Dressed in a jester's outfit, she had donned a hat that not only had bells but also almost-dragonic horns. Her tial had grown spikes, much in the fashion of the Almost-dragon pennite, adnd two lizardly wings sprouted from her shoulders. She paused momentarily, took a deep breath, and then yelled at the top of her lungs,

"HAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPY BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRRRTHDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY....*gasp*...TOOO

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...*gasp*...YOUUUUUU

U

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

U

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

U

UUUUUUUUUU!!!!!

*gasp*

"ALL HAAAAAAAIL! WYVERN IS TURNING TWENTYYYYYYY SIIIIIIIIIIIIX!" She changed her bellow into a scream and shrieked "SO GIVE HIM LOTS OF CAAAAAAAAKE AND BRUTEWISER AND ALMOST-DRAGONIC GIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIFTSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!'

"And geld too," she added as an after thought, then remembered to make herself heard. "AAAAAAAANNNND GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLD TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!'

Happy birthday Wyvern! ^_^ *hug*

Kikuyu, pulling the aptly placed cotton ear-plugs from her delicate hearing organs, appeared at Dego's side. Surreptitiously she noticed the many multi-colored feathers sticking from her pocket and stuffed them out of sight. She checked her face in a mirror and wondered if lip-gloss would be the most appropriate for a perhaps twinnish later gift. She shrugged and eyed the brightly colored yet lethally booby-trapped looking present in her hands.

"I can't decide," she said, turning to Dego.

Dego was giggling and bouncing up and down on her feet slightly, giddy from lack of air and the festivities to begin.

Kikuyu grinned and handed her twin a feather, a tube of lipgloss, and one of the handles on the heavy present.

They paraded down the hall, screaming at the top of their lungs.

"WYYYYYYYVERN!!!!! WHERE AAAAAAAAAAREEEEEEEEEEE YOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUU??"

My dear Friend Wyvern,

I hope the day was full of surprises (all of them pleasant) and that you were in the company of those dearest to you. My goodness how much time has passed! Twenty six years young! I met you on line as a teenager with a talent for spinning a good arrow. Best wishes my friend.

Edited by Regel

A Bruteweiser keg in the corner of the Cabaret Room slowly stirs, drawing the attention of the various birthday well-wishers. The moldy wooden boards of the keg creak under wing pressure until a set of horns pops out from the top, followed by a set of leery eyes and a familiar snout. Wyvern slowly glances left and right, half-nodding to Regel and Patrick before the familiar call of the "I <3 Wyvern Fan Club" is once again heard.

"WWYYYYYYVVVVEEEEERRRRRRRNNN! COME OUT COME OUT WHEREVER YOOOOUUU AAAAARRRRRRREEE!"

Wyvern lets out a tiny smoke ring hiccup as his eyes widen, the sounds of Kikuyu and Degorram approaching causing his wings to shrink behind his back. The overgrown lizard scrambles to fit himself back into the keg, only to tumble over inside it and cause it to fall and break. He gulps as Kikuyu and Degorram spot him, striking a nervous grin as he examines the mysterious package carried between their hands.

"Wyvern! There you are, we've been loooking for yoooouuuu."

"Eheheheh..." Wyvern raises a claw uneasily as he backs against a Cabaret wall, the reddish tint of his scales deepening as the twins approach with mischievous grins on their faces. He presses his wings back against a pen portrait as he notices the feathers that they carry, and glances at their package with a mixture of curiousity and trepidation. "Hi Kikuyu. Heya Dego. W-whatcha got there...?"

Wyvern's tail curls up behind him as the girls grow closer, his eyes currently glued on the package...

OOC: Thanks for your wishes everyone. :) And an extra-special thanks to Degorram and Kikuyu (and Zool!) for their creative wishes! I continue to appreciate all of you, year after year.

It took him a while (several days, in fact) to get his ears working again and sort through the sounds that had deafened them in order to give them meaning, but eventually Venefyxatu figured it out and looked up in surprise.

"The overgrown lizard caught up with me? And ... several days ago!"

As quickly as he could, he grabbed a few scrolls from one of his bookcases and ran down to the Cabaret Room.

"Wyvern! Glad you're still here, I almost missed it. A very happy birthday indeed!"

Handing the Almost Dragon the scrolls, the necromancer added, "I'd have cast these myself, but I was already late. Don't worry, though - they pretty much cast themselves once you activate them. One for an instant bag of Bruteweiser, the other one for an instant keg of Almost Dragonic Geld. Hope you enjoy them!"

After that, he retreated to leave Wyvern in the loving hands of the "I <3 Wyvern Fan Club"

• 2 weeks later...

I'm late, but HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY BIRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRTH DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY *gasp* WYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!! :D

I hope all your birthday wishes came true! :D:sorcerer::flower::yuibigwink::zorro::ADCoin::star::w00t:

Edited by Elvina