The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Werewolf XLI

Tanuchan

Alright, let's see if we manage to have enough players :)

For this game, the setting will be Santa's House and Factory. You're allowed to play anyone/anything (use your imagination!) that fits this setting except Santa and Mrs Santa.

Anything else goes: elves, reindeers, general helpers, staff, animated toys, whatever your imagination can come up with :P

I'll leave signup open until the weekend at least.

Between the 24th and 26th we'll have an extended phase to allow for the celebrations.

I'd like at least 7 players... so come and sign up!!

For most people Christmas is about happyness, joy and seeing loved ones. For most people. For Grumpy Christmas is about overtime, overtime and overtime. Ever wondered how all of those presents wind up under the neat christmas tree all packed up with the names of who received them? Seek no further. A couple thousand of them are packaged and labeled each year by Grumpy. As a packaging elf working for the company that no one calls a company and just prefer to refer to by its director, Mr. Claus, Grumpy spends what most people call Christmas holidays packaging, packaging and packaging. Oh and drinking...without alcohol he'd never be able to get through the seventeen-eighteen hour shifts...

Ever wondered how in the world you got a new bike when all you had wished for had been a new Playstation? Probably Grumpy mixing up the labels on two boxes. More than weird presents...alcohol induced ideas, which seemed fun at the time.

Does Grumpy like his job? Oh no he doesn't. He wants to quit, he has tried to quit, but...but there is always a but. His contract is filled with nothing but buts. And without a labour union representative among the elves he has no chance of getting professional help. Don't even mention calling a hotshot lawyer from one of those big cities...One of those finding out about elves and the whole of Mr. Claus's company would be going down. There is a whole page in the contract detailing the punishments for contacting someone outside the company about pretty much anything.

The only time Grumpy managed to quit, his cry of joy, "YES!!" was explained to him as being the answer to the question do you want to rejoin? So he had to...and then he signed a lot of papers he should never have signed. It was explained to him that in the current economic climate the number of new recruits was dwindling and in order to be able to hold the ever looming project deadline, otherwise known as Christmas, overtime and extra efforts were needed from all resources, otherwise known as packaging elves, in order to not be late, the penalties for which would be severe, both against the company and against its employees.

It made no sense to Grumpy, but he was always told to sign what was put in front of him and so he did. It had been like signing away his soul to the devil. Longer and longer shifts followed until he felt as though he was single-handedly packaging all of the presents for everyone in the world. That might have been the alcohol speaking though.

Ah the alcohol. Without it he would have burned out already. Due to a contractual oversight, alcohol was allowed on the premises and while a packaging elf was not allowed to be drunk...there were no rules against actual drinking. And Grumpy could always explain that he was not drunk, but simply tipsy. It made him forget all his worries and the working hours seemed to go by faster than ever. It even almost made him forget how he always got teased for his name.

He almost hated his parents for giving him his name. Grumpy. Everyone teased him about it belonging to a dwarf. That blasted dwarf!

I'm in!

I'll play Daffyd the Glitter Reindeer.

Daffyd is a particularly vain and effeminate and (let's face it) gay reindeer who once paid a small fortune to have his impressive rack of antlers bonded onto his skull (so they wouldn't fall off in winter) and coated in glitter. Unfortunately, the glitter doesn't last long, resulting in Daffyd having to regularly be redipped, and in a constant sprinkling of loose glitter along his back (hence the name).

He's worse than Vanity Smurf in his preening and will flirt with anything that has a pulse (males preferred)

:D (See what happens when you tell me I can be ANYTHING?)

I'm Mr. White Christmas

I'm Mr. Snow

I'm Mr. Icicle

I'm Mr. 10 Below

Friends call me Snowmiser

Whatever I touch turns to snow in my clutch

I'm too much.

He's Mr. White Christmas

He's Mr. Snow (That's right)

He's Mr. Icicle

He's Mr. 10 below

He's too much

I never wanna know a day that's over 40 degrees

I rather have it 30, 20, 10, 5, and then in freeze

He's White Christmas

He's Mr. Snow (That's right)

He's Mr. Icicle

He's Mr. 10 below

Too much

Too much

Players so far...

Venefyxatu - strand of Christmas lights around the window

Patrick - Grumpy, a packaging Elf

Mynx - Daffyd the Glitter Reindeer

Giles - Snow Miser

Savage Dragon - character to come

Mithrandin - character to come

It's the bare minimum for a game, so let's hope a couple more people sign up :)

I'll post something by tonight or tomorrow night hopefully, starting a free RP phase (not lots of time right now). Sign up will be open until first NPC kill (should happen in the beginning of next week), when roles will be PM'd.

Thomas, the Christmas tree guy

Thomas Pineneedles, late 30's, usually seen with a ruff beard and and red flannel jacket, has been in charge of Christmas tree deliveries for as long as anyone can remember. He oversees the cedar, fir, and pine tree fields littered about the North Pole that are shipped all over the world in celebration of the holiday and help to provide crucial cover for some of Santa's operations. Every year he chooses the large Christmas tree that adorns the main hall of Santa's workshop himself, insisting that he cut it down himself using the large red ax that he claims was hist first Christmas gift from Santa. This year it was a 40 foot Douglas fir, chosen from one of the secret fields that Thomas keeps the location of to himself. When asked by skeptics how his trees grow to be so large or even survive in the cold, arctic climate, Thomas will just mutter something about "Christmas magic" under his breathe

Name: Joaquim Silva, 35 years old

Joaquim is a Portuguese immigrant who flew a little far of France where he originally intended to go.

He now works as a postman and is always assigned to the special X-mas post office in Santa's workshop. Ever since he was first assign to work there, he was praised for his wonderful job in there and so they managed to make him think he is the person for the job, when in fact nobody else wants to take the job. You surely can imagine the amount of the work at that time of the year.

Game thread is up! (Sorry for the delay, but got a cold and was in no condition to do anything yesterday...)

Players are:

Giles - Snow Miser

Savage Dragon - Thomas, the Christmas tree guy

Mithrandin - Joaquim Silva, postman assigned to Santa's post office

You have around 48h of free RP, to warm-up and introduce yourselves. Be warned please that on the evening of 24th I plan to post the first NPC kill and send the roles, and you'll have an exceptional extended Day Phase (count on 72h at least) due to the dates.

Sign-up is open until first NPC kill.

Have fun :)

Seeing that it's Christmas Eve and there's still people who did not have the chance to post, I'll be sending the roles tomorrow night.

Have fun for now ;)

And a Happy Christmas to all!!

*turns Vene/Rudydur on again and sits down to admire the effect of lights on Daffyd's coat*

Sorry for the delay, but now I think we're ready to go back to schedule!

As we have six players, we'll have one wolf (Grinch's agent), one Seer, and one Baner.

As an extra twist, I will not be revealing the roles of the lynchees/wolfees... let's see how this goes ;)

I'm PM'ing the roles in a few minutes. Everyone should be receiving one PM so if you did not receive yours, poke me!

Dice chose the victim! Mithrandin/Joaquim was lynched today.

Note that, due to the setting, it wouldn't really fit to have the lynchees dead... Santa wouldn't allow that! So they'll be just sent away under one excuse or another. Lynchees can still post if they wish, and even interact (maybe through letters?) but please do not interfere with the game! Wolf kills might become ghosts ;)

As stated before, roles will not be revealed for now.

Good luck!

Players

Giles - Snow Miser

Savage Dragon - Thomas, the Christmas tree guy

Mithrandin - Joaquim Silva, postman assigned to Santa's post office lynched

No problems Patrick, enjoy the holidays and New Year celebrations! Let's hope you have the chance to play the grumpy packaging elf in another occasion, it sure seemed a rather interesting character ;)

Mynx, as you voted for Patrick before he excused himself from the game, maybe you'd like to change votes for a "valid" one?

Good work! Mynx was Grinch's agent -- even if unaware of that. Savage was the baner, Giles the Seer.

And Vene/Rudydur gets the prize of most beloved Christmas lights ever... since *everybody* wanted to visit him last night ;)

And within the same 30 min or so...

Werewolf Protection Savage Dragon Dec 29 2008, 01:13 AM

WW Kill Mynx Dec 29 2008, 12:42 AM

Re:WW Role Giles Jordan Dec 29 2008, 12:35 AM

Happy New Year to all! :)

(Who's next?)