by the ones whom declare it so.

Has anything ever been nature

or man made, universally

beautiful

or does everything

have a side in

shadow?

Edited by Silver Wind

This left me thinking, which is a Good Thing to take away from a poem. I kinda missed punctuation - when I read it aloud, I found myself adding commas and periods. Should "minds eye" be "mind's eye"? The idea of multiple minds sharing a single eye which is defining beauty is a nifty one, but I don't think it was author's intent.

I was looking for punctuation in a couple of places as well:

1) In the first stanza it seemed that there needed to be a question mark after either the second or third line. I wasn't sure if you meant "...how do we define it? / with words or phrase" This would imply a question with the answer provided by the author. Or did you mean, "but how do we define it / with words or phrase?" This would leave it completely up to the reader to define it. Just not quite sure which way you meant for us to read it.

2) In stanza five you give two options and it took me a second to figure that out as I had to go back and reread it. If you end the first line with a colon and a comma at the end of line two I think that would clear up the ambiguity for me.

Other than those two little things I thought it was rather nice. The question pose in the end, "or does everything / have a side in / shadow?" was excellent. The idea of beauty being masked in shadow, being shadow, or hiding shadow was a very interesting way to leave the reader.