The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Calling all feathered denizens of the Pen

Patrick

A mysterious sighting in the Recruiter's Office! Through careful observations we have learned that feathers of a mysterious origin have turned up in Wyvern's office. While this strange happening is no cause for concern it has piqued our curiosity to know who or what these feathers come from. We accept any and all wild theories, educated guesses, Almost Dragonic Brand Theories, etc... you get the idea.

Strangely the note isn't signed.

OOC

Thanks to Guinea Pig and The Researcher for allowing me to grab a small idea they had had and turn it into this activity.

Basically the idea is, using characters, pasts of characters, happenings in the past of the Pen, etc...to make up a story of how the feathers ended up in Wyvern's office. The more interesting, the wackier, the more believable it is, the better.

The objective is to have fun! :)

Exercise particually well suited to the many feathered Pennites we have. :)

• 2 weeks later...

A light goes on in a stark white interrogation chamber, shining down on Wyvern and the uncomfortable wooden chair in which he sits. The overgrown lizard taps his claws on his legs, his brightly colored scales looking rather out of place in the pale hue of the chamber. He sighs and slowly brushes a claw over the ruffled scales on his snout, staring up at the large bulb above him.

"Welllll... I sssuppose it all started with the development of those Almost Dragonic Brand Jumble-Junk Feather Clusters™ I was planning on marketing." Wyvern's tail sways back and forth behind the chair as he speaks. "I actually initially designed the prototype in the hopes of having an imitation glue-on dress for the miniature Silver Wind statuette I was building in the Banquet Hall at the time. Anyway, the cleaning product never saw the light of day due to the lack of available Quills, but a rough model was built out of owl feathers found at random locations around the Pen. The model wasss stored behind the "1003 MORE Ways to Scheme" reference book on a shelf in the Library, where I was sure nobody would find it. Sssomehow, it still turned up missing."

Wyvern pauses for a moment and taps the tip of his snout, letting his forked tongue hang out. The reptilian Elder squints as the source of the light tilts slightly, shining in his eyes.

"Now, we should keep in mind that the owl feathers used for making that Almost Dragonic Brand Jumble-Junk Feather Cluster™ were not the feathers that the Researcher found in my Office." Wyvern breaks into a sleazy salesman grin. "And we should alssso keep in mind that Almost Dragonic Brand Jumble-Junk Feather Clusters™ have since been replaced by the infinitely more useful Almost Dragonic Brand Urchin Squidusters™, which are on sssale now!"

Wyvern reaches under his seat and pulls out one of the Squidusters, raising the large squid tentacles on a stick so that all can see. The tentacles reach out and attach themselves to Wyvern's head, slipping out of his claw-grip as they wrap their way around one of his horns. The interrogation chamber lights go off, only to flicker back on to focus on another pennite...

At first, those watching from the other side of the interrogation chamber think that the lights had gone back up by accident, it is only upon closer examination that the small, furry figure of Pig can be discerned on the chair.

His lips can be seen moving, but no sound reaches the interrogators and a voice comes through to Pig through the loudspeakers.

"Speak into the microphone please." Pigs lips move again, but still no sound can be heard. "Into the microphone!"

He literally shouts his little lungs out and finally a whisper reaches the interrogators. "Can't reach it!"

After a couple seconds of technical delays, while the microphone was moved, Pig could finally give his version of how the feathers, which had covered his whole body, had reached Wyvern's office.

"Well, the feathers were definitely not big, so nothing that could have come from an angel - I think I saw an angel walking around here one of these days - nor from anything as big as a gryphon. The feathers were about this long," he said indicating about half of his body length with his paws, "maybe from a raven or a crow. Possibly an owl. I'm pretty sure that sparrows and hummingbird would be too small, besides the color wasn't right for a hummingbird. Maybe a pigeon...or a small hawk..."

On and on he went before finally the interrogators decided to take him from the room and call the next one in.