The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

What are you reading?

Silver WInd

Tzimfemme sighting!! :w00t:

Currently I am reading the most FANTASTIC book! It is:

The Selected Works of T. S. Spivet, by Reif Larsen

Let me just put one of the back jacket blurbs here as review and endorsement:

"Two predictions about The Selected Works of T.S. Spivet: readers are going to love it as much as I did, and few if any will have experienced anything like it. I'm flabbergasted by Reif Larsen's talent, and I was warmed by his generosity — if this book were a mug of Sundy's magic juice, I would surely hold it in two hands. The drawings that cascade and tumble through the pages could be a gimmick — cutie-poo tatting on the edge of a lace doily — and in the hands of a lesser novelist, that might have been the case. But because T.S. is such a vivid and realistic character (in spite of his Asperger's/OCD tics, not because of them), they add texture, humanity, and humor. This is a very funny book. I laughed until tears ran down my face when T.S. explains how to win at Oregon Trail, and if he were a real boy, I would seek him out so he could teach me how to win at the old Pitfall Harry game. Here is a book that does the impossible: it combines Mark Twain, Thomas Pynchon, and Little Miss Sunshine. Good novels entertain; great ones come as a gift to the readers who are lucky enough to find them. This book is a treasure." ~Stephen King~

Edited by The Portrait of Zool

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic