The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

cons

hig4s

Wyvern raises a claw to his chin and swings his tail back and forth as he contemplates hig4s's question, staring up at the Cabaret ceiling and squinting as if almost in sight of a flashback. The overgrown lizard suddenly snaps a claw in the air, then dashes off towards the Recruiter's Office without hissing a word. The sounds of papers falling, Office drawers falling, and the Pen Keep's insurance liability falling all echo from the Recruitment quarters in a steady crescendo. Wyvern reemerges holding a cheap and pulpy-looking comic book, and steps back into the discussion circle with a grin. He points at the squiggly doodle cover of the comic, which is mostly covered by a "freebie amateur comic exhibit A" tag.

"Well, there was thisss one time when I *almost* made it into a major convention." Wyvern nods to himself and begins counting on his claws. "Judging by the line ahead of me, it would've only taken me two to three weeks to have gotten in ~ tops!"

Wyvern uses the plotless comic to wipe a bit of ash from his snout, then stuffs it into the back pocket of his breeches.

"Of courssse, I've alwaysss dreamed of hitting up a conman convention... I jussst haven't figured out the logistics of finding a reliable source to direct me to one." Wyvern scratches one of his horns and snorts. "Though strangely, all the false directions have led to the sssame awful conventionality convention..."

After Wyvern's proclamation, an oily visage hanging on the wall began to move, and then to speak - though as usual made very little sense...

"Funny you should mention that Wyv - seems to me there was this time I wound up at a conventional convict convention, which of all things was held at a convent! Talk about convenient! No act of congress congruently convening with that connection! Con-found it!

I suppose that makes it a Con-con-con... con. Of course, it was in Connecticut..."

But a con... nope. :P

Wyvern snorts a ring of smoke and slowly sliiiiidddesssss up to Zool's portrait.

"Oh reeeaaaaaallllllly?" Wyvern raises a claw and glances at it in a nonchalant manner. "Well, did I mention that one time, I actually attended a constituent contraband and constable conference, which condescended in its condemning of concise contraceptions while consecutively conducting a contrite and contrived conspiracy congregation?"

Wyvern rubs a claw on his chest and lets out a haughty laugh.

"Indeed, it wasss a Con-con-con-con-con-con-con-con-con-con-con-con-con-con by anyone's standards. Three con's the superior to your Con-con-con-con-con-con-con-con-con-con-con, I might add." Wyvern sticks his snout up and sneers. "It seems I win again, old Bean! Until next time."

Wyvern lets out a villainous laugh and cloaks his face, using one of his wings as a makeshift cape. He then does a dramatic twirl and dashes off in a great escape, only to ram into the Cabaret wall as he sprints in the wrong direction.

"Urrgh. Let'sss.... call it even...?"

;-)

Hold on a moment. . .I have to call a minor foul. Zool mentioned a _lack_ of Congress, which makes one anti-con amongst his con, or a pro if we're solving the sentence to exclude negatives. However, what shall we call the stammerers' line-dancing convention? The con-con can-can?

Ya know, I come from a long line of stammering dancers (It's not a pretty picture, but then neither am I :P ). Remind me to tell you of our kin convention in Cancun some time (to make a long story short, it wound up in court) - though as to your first point, I do believe you are correct on the second count - that would be a pro-con, methinks... ?

:huh:

The redress of lack of congress provides no progress in the access of this information excess. And the likeness of Zool in a dress, dancing I guess, a stammering success in my mind does press, my thoughts a mess. A little less overbearing awareness of this likeness would help my mental fitness. My sanity in distress, perhaps I digress, too much stress hindering my attentiveness. Parson my express egress from this mental illness.

The Three Musketeers - one of my favorite classics! The book is truly about friendship, imo, with an ending as touching as it is heartbreaking, though it's not an end I've ever seen in any of the adaptations. Seems to drag a little in the middle - though that's only because the rest of the book is so exciting, and the ending is well worth the wait!

Dumas was truly one of the greats. :)