The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

An appeal to any former AoA player.

Regel

Greetings and salutations!

I decided to put on my recruiter hat and come asking old friends to come back to the game were we first met. Back then it was called Archmage, today it is the same game (with a few changes) but it is called The Reincarnation. I know some of you have been playing already and may have allegiances to other guilds. So this appeal is to those of you ex-AoAers that are currently retired. Please pay us a visit, our new forum can be found here: http://aoa.guilds.dk/forum/index.php?sid=7...05fa176d313bfa4

We are calling it the reunion tour! :rolleyes: Ok I admit it is a bit cheesy but we really need the experienced AM player. Without naming names if all the former Angels were to answer the call we would gain at least six Angels (Peredhill,Wyvern,Orlan,Signe, Tzimfemme, Joat116) but there are also others in this community that are experienced players that I would welcome into AoA in a heart beat. Please give it some thought and come pay us a visit, even if your intention is not to play we would love to see and hear your names again. If I have left some names off my list I cite my advance age and feeble mindedness. Hope tp see you so the next reset starts Wednesday June 13th.

Edited by Regel

The reset has begun. Our guild page is in the process of going up. Our theme for this reset is Rock Bands. Pick your favourite group (no wham, or Abba's please I did say rock band) and come and join us on mirc Galaxynet #aoabbq. If Tzimfemme can find us so could you Orlan!! ;)

I used to be a fairly decent blue mage, but I'd be lost without my stack calculators and war tools interface. heh, gotta love those swedes, they could program anything. Tempting, but no. I've moved on. But thanks anyway, lot of good memories and sleepless nights.

rev...

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I thank you for that GeldrinHor, and Reverie the invite is open ended. That is the thing about moving on, you grow you move forward but everything you left behind also moves and changes. If you were a player from the days of Maritel the game has definately changed. It is in different hands and is now called The Reincarnation.The developers have made many changes, new units and styles of play have developed and starting a new blue mage might be frustrating if you have not kept up. We are a small core of friends and we have some very good allies (ask Tanny) so if ever you want to come home again just look us up and drop my name. You are all welcome.

It might be more precise to say that the Pen was born from their UBB writing rooms. It was there where many of the oldest Pennites formed friendships and started to define their personas. I'm not sure at what point the Pen was formed, but it was slightly before Archmage started to die, I think; I remember that most of the people from the AM boards went over to the Pen at that point. Although the death was long and arduous - perhaps the Pen was born at the start of that death. (I myself came over at the very very end of that death).

Eh. I only meant to explain a part of the Pen's history in a little more detail for those that were unaware of it.

Eh. I only meant to explain a part of the Pen's history in a little more detail for those that were unaware of it.

I think it's a nice idea, Katz :)

I remembered this thread at the Libray...

http://www.patrickdurham.net/themightypen/index.php?showtopic=13129

And also, for those curious, there are several threads posted in the Library that came originally from the AM UBB - usually they have a subtitle referring to Archmage, so it's easy to spot them. There's very nice work in there :)