The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

The Frosty Pyramid

Wyvern

Pennites browsing the Cabaret quarters hear the huffing and wheezing several minutes before the central doors of the chamber creak open, raising their ears to the familiar sounds of prolonged hisses and a stinger dragging across the carpet. Wyvern grunts and grits his teeth as he gives the tray in front of him another shove, putting significantly less care into the manner that the platter and triangular lid on the cart stay in place than he had six hours ago. The overgrown lizard gives the tray a final push with a hiss of exhaustion, then moves his wings away from the Cabaret entrance and lets the doors swing shut.

"Ssssorry I'm a 'lil late." Wyvern's scales glisten a bit in the light of the Cabaret, still slightly wet from his recent Draken fiasco. The strong stench of tadpole that drifts from the lizard's claws only reinforces the image of Wyvern treading knee deep in muck and mire. "Ya wouldn't believe how long this pastry took to push.. If Cake Cart Placement was counted as an Olympic event, let'sss just say that I'd qualify for Mighty Pen sports month. Ugh..."

Wyvern grabs the triangular lid of the platter and removes it, revealing a tall tan pyramid cake. Candy-coated scarub bits dot the frosting of the cake like egyption heiroglyphs, and a chocolate-molded pharoahe's hat crowns its tip. The words "Happy Birthday Ozymandias" are engraved in the frosting of one side of the cake, with the phrase "give wyvern a raise" written in a smaller and less legible print underneath it. Wyvern raises the steel triangular lid to his snout and speaks through it like a megaphone.

"Happy Birthday Ozy! Only way thisss pyramid cake could possibly be made more genuine is if it had been built by slaves from the flour on up." Wyvern sticks his forked tongue out, then pulls a shovel from under the cake tray and begins slicing the pastry with it. "Was thinkin' of having a surprise rat mummy pop out of the top, but was low on bandages after making a different gift thisss week... I figure the scarub bits make this thing appetizing enough as it is anyways. Feel free to help yerssselves!"

;-)

OOC: A belated Happy Birthday to you, Ozymandias. :-)