The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

A hand on my belly

Appy

~ this ties directly into an older poem called Trust .. Not sure if this is finished yet, but there isn't much more to add or change at the moment.. enjoy :) ~

The smile besides me
crossed oceans of
barren wasteland
in a single look

To trust, nay
to utterly trust
just a single person

It is close to having faith..

No more compromises
leaving me dwindled.
This time, there might
even be an answer,
to who I am..

[29 januari 2007, Leverkusen]

[edit] the line It is close to having faith.. used to be underlined.. removed in accordance with Sweet's comment ^_^

Edited by Appy

You know, you're right.. it does look too harsh now. I had it underlined still to keep referring to Trust. But here it's just not necessary. I think I'll just take out the underlining and see what happens :)

Thanks for the comment! *huggles happily* ^_^

Edited by Appy

Nice poem, Appy. :-) The message and feeling that you put behind it are very strong, and the positive feel of the poem is refreshing. In terms of potential things to improve, the line "It is close to having faith" felt a little extraneous to me in its own seperate stanza. The comparison of a strong relationship to a faith is fascinating, and expanding upon that line or incorporating it into the other stanzas somehow might be a means of improving its impact on the poem as a whole. Also, the manner that the lines are spaced in the last stanza didn't maintain the positive tone of the rest of the piece to me, mainly due to the singling out of "leaving me dwindled" in the second line.

Anyway, nice stuff once again Appy. Thanks for sharing it here.

An enjoyable read Appy. It put a new spin on a famous quote for me. The quote is :

“Faith is not belief without proof, but trust without reservation."

Faith really is all about trust, being in a committed relationship feels just like that. :)