The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

She would not give him the last piece of pie

Savage Dragon

She would not give him the last piece of pie.

True, she did this only for his benefit, hoping to save him from a decision they both knew he would later regret. He was overweight and did not get enough exercise and the last thing he needed was the slice of empty calories.

However, the fact remained that she would not give him the last piece of pie.

It is a valid point that he had already eaten three full meals that day, the most recent of which was a supper that consisted of three servings of mash potatoes, six pieces of cornbread, and an entire bucket of KFC fried chicken. It should also be noted that he had already consumed the second to last piece of pie.

Still, it is an undeniable fact that she would not give him the last piece of pie.

He was also quite aware that he adored her and appreciated what she did for him. She took care of him, looked out for him, and, most importantly, fed him. She was everything he could want from a woman.

But he did not want a woman at that moment, he wanted pie.

And there is no mistaking the fact that she would not give him the last piece of pie.

He already knew what had to be done. For too long she had held him back. It was time for him to release himself from these shackles and to go forth in search of fulfillment. He sat her down and he told her he was leaving.

His mother asked, "Why?"

Because she would not give him the last piece of pie.

Edited by Savage Dragon

• 3 weeks later...

pie is good.

pie is very good.

pie makes me wonder how people can be anorexic. Seriously, it's insane.

Just think about it.

Starving yourself to make yourself look like an overdressed skeleton

OR

Pie.

Oh man, I don't know. Skeletons are soooo attractive.

THE END!

I like the story by the way. :)