The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Idioglossia?

Mardrax

Not entirely happy with it myself, but as always, comments are welcome, and enjoy.

Sitting in my bathtub

all alone

watching the showerhead

spew down luke

but not seeing

Seeing you

me

Our mutual idioglossia

in mute

or is it?

Am I just seeing things?

wishfully thinking?

Heard your silent screams

suppressed sobs

years of cropping up

emotions raging on

Saw your every scar

or probably not

but heard some

nonetheless

felt some

Are we really

that much the same

you and I

that you would let me in

through your drug-built wall

Could you trust me?

Would you do the same tomorrow?

"Ceea ce am fost, esti tu acum

quod

mille anni passi sunt"

my voices drone on

Sitting in my bathtub

all alone

watching the water

cascading down my leg

tracing patterns of hair

through my thoughts

Time to get out

edit: horrible language error :P

Edited by Mardrax

I don't have the time to give this poem the long reply it deserves, but I would like to say that "spew down luke" is really original, and the originality pays off. Since this is near the beginning of the poem, it helps to get the reader interested from the very start.

Every reply (directed at me anyways) is an appreciated one Buddha, and if you think something longer is called for than what you can do at the time, you can always post that in bits... the art of patience is a fair one :P

For this though, thanks ^_^

Hmm, am a little perplexed by this one, but "Idioglossia" speech is perplexing by definition.

I'll just mark a few little things first, then see if something more come's of it.

Sitting in my bathtub

all alone

watching the shower-cap (In my dialect, we'd say "shower-head" instead of cap, which for me at least would clarify the next line.)

spew down luke, (like luke-warm water? creative, but slightly confusing. Took a me a minute. I'm not saying change it, it just took me a minute. Again my confustion is probably due to the me taking "shower-cap" as something that is wore on one's head when taking a shower, but this may be due to just a slight disagreement of understanding between dialets.)

seeing, but not seeing (my suggestion for this line and the next two lines in the next stanza could probably be handled better line-break wise, but I think this word order works better.)

You,

me

Our mutual idioglossia

in mute (might be able to drop the "in" before "mute" as well)

(or is it?) (punctuation tricks could really help the flow/rhythm in this stanza, I suggested two, but I'm not the best at that sort of thing. Tzim, Alaeha, Mira, or Ayshela might be able to help you out.)

Am I just seeing things?

wishfully thinking (expound a little: wishfully thinking them true/real/into existance etc. /// a [insert noun/metaphore etc here] of [our] wishful thinking etc.)

Heard your silent screams

suppressed sobs

years of cropping up

emotions raging on Great stanza--solid, but again punctuation might help.

Saw your every scar

or probably not (not a big fan of 'probably' in poems--personal quirk.)

but heard some

nonetheless and

felt some (aaaah, the you sooo need punctuation to pull this off, I know what you're trying to do, and it'd be so much easier with punctuation (well for the reader that is) rather than solely relying on a line-breaks)

Are we really

that much the same--

you and I

that you would let me in

through your drug-built wall?

Could you trust me?

Would you do the same tomorrow?

"Ceea ce am fost, esti tu acum

quod

mille anni passi sunt"

my voices drone on (that's 's' in "drones" is a little telling, maybe too much so. why not drop the "my" and just say "voices drone on.")

Sitting in my bathtub

all alone

watching the water

cascading down my leg

tracing patterns of hair

through my thoughts (nice recap: pretty too.)

Time to get out (I see no reason why can't connect this with previous stanza. By leaving it out alone like this you place an insane amount of emphasis on it. And the words themselves are strong enough to do this without the help of the separated line.)

Edited by reverie