The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Sleep, sweet Muezza

Cerulean

Beautiful poem, Cerulean. I love your word choice, as words like "danderdandled" and "susurrations" really stood out to me and caught my attention. The way you phrased the ending of the poem was also very elegent and evocative, with the rhyme scheme really complimenting the softening of the silence.

Sorry to hear of Doctor Dog's passing. He couldn't have had a more beautiful elegy, and I hope that the silence truly has softened since you wrote this.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks everyone for the kind words, much appreciated. *hugs to all* :)

Can I ask for an opinion please, now a bit of time has passed and I can look at this without feeling so sad. How would it be if I replaced 'Shade' with 'Keep'? I'd originally written keep as an internal rhyme, but changed it to shade because I preferred the sense over the sound. Now I am wavering.

Thanks in advance, C.

Pluck danderdandled hearts out of my sleeve,

leave shadows of your silky sprawl awake

beneath each fluttering breath of sleep.

Keep memory’s susurrations from the dust,

and let the silence soften, as it must.

Hmmm. I see how "Keep" works better in getting across the sense of the line, but I definitely feel "Shade"s absence in the sound of the line and the overall feel of the stanza. Perhaps there's a word somewhere between the two of them that shares both of their qualities? "Save" could be a potential option, though I'm not sure if it fits the sense that you want to deliver with the line since it feels a little more desperate. One thing I do like about "Shade" is it that it's something one can associate with cats, and fits the eulogy in that sense. Then again, "Keep" might have the more positive connotation in the end.

Rambling thoughts,

Wyv~