The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

The Girl Who Is Worth It

Savage Dragon

I grew up reading fairy tales.

I grew up watching romantic movies.

I became a romantic.

I was a late bloomer when it came to girls. Maybe it was because i have three sisters, maybe it was because i had so many other things i was dealing with, but the importance of a girlfriend was lost on me for a very long time. Sure, girls were nice and i wasn't gay or anything, but it just wasn't a big deal. But then in my sophomore year of highschool, i met a guy who loved a girl. he wasn't just dating her, he didn't just like her, he loved her. that is something i firmly and whole-heartedly believe, and if you know anything about me, you know i take belief seriously. it was just like the fairy tale, just like the romance movies, it was happy, mushy, puppy-dog love. and from that point on, i wanted that love and nothing less.

its the kind of love that make grown men do crazy things. its the kind of love that warms you down to your toes. its the kind of love that makes other people want to be around that couple, even though it only makes them sad, because they don't have that love. people will do anything for that love. they will humiliate them selves for it, they will humble themselves for it, they will sacrifice their pride, propose in front of large groups, and run through the rain for it. they will give themselves up completely for it. because that kind of love is worth everything. but a love of that kind is hard to find.

people don't really spend their whole life searching for that love, because people are too impatient for that. once we've gotten a taste of it a single month seems far too long to wait, a week seems an impossible sentence to bear, and a moment seems a lifetime too long. and then the most terrible thing happens. they settle.

someone comes along who makes them feel comfortable, but not really happy. someone makes them content, but not joyful. someone they like.

not someone they love.

in the fairytales and the romances, the hero must always overcome obstacles for the girl. in the fairytales they are usually physical; thorn walls, dragons, evil witches. in the romances they are usually symbolic; a stupid bet with high school friends, a personal flaw he must overcome, a rainstorm to run through. he makes a sacrifice, sometimes its trivial and other times its not. he is showing that the girl is worth it to him. if he had simply settled for her, he would not make that sacrifice.

that’s the girl i want, the girl worth that sacrifice, and its impossible to describe what makes her worth that. there’s no physical qualities. either she is or she isn't. the heart will tell you if she is. if she isn't, the heart remains silent. and after so long of not hearing anything from your heart, you give up hope and you settle. i've been tempted to settle. but i refuse to settle because my heart has felt that kind of love before and it refuses to settle for some poor substitute. and i would endure any barrier of thorns or time to feel it again.

i'm going to wait for the girl who is worth it

WOW!!!! That's so ture. I agree with everything you said. One should never just settle for someone, they should be with that person becuase they love them. I do hope you can find the girl that makes you want to run through a storm or fight an evil dragon for. Becuase I know that if you do that, then this girl is turly for you.

It's nice to see you post something my friend, how about giving me a call? We haven't talked in forever!!!!

<3 u ^_________^