The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Honey.....

Annael

Annael finished packing the picnic basket and sighed, pushing a curl off her nose.

"Now you guys be nice to Wyvie!! No biting him or anything like that. He'll probably freak out if he sees you guys anyways, so just be polite!!" Mumbling to herself about angel's and bad little butterflies, she straightened her skirt, fluffed her curls and picked up the jammed packed basket and went in search of her date.

Wandering through the Keep, Annael smiled at people as she passed, lugging the basket and trying to shoo butterflies out of her face. Getting frustrated, Annael gave a little growl and put the basket down.

"That does it! All of you, be off!" And in a flurry of wings, the little critters scattered in all directions away from their mistress.

"Ermm...problems Ann?" A voice asked from behind her. Turning, Annael saw Patrick. "The little ones aren't exactly fond of Wyvern and aren't too pleased that I'm going on my date with him today, if I can ever find him that is."

"I believe that I saw him in the Cabaret room earlier." Smiling at Patrick for his help, Annael picked up her basket and headed in that direction.

Upon entering the Cabaret room, Annael quickly scanned the room and saw Wyvern sitting at the bar with Zool and Gwaihir. Walking over to them, Ann gave a little giggle as she saw Zool rool his eyes at Gwai as they listened to Wyvern detail his next idea for making the keep a fortune.

"And then....we can advertise all the rooms we have for rent, take the profit from that and expand the ballroom and turn it into a night club! That would guarentee that more people would come and that would mean more money for me! I mean, for the keep!" Taking a drink from his tankard, Wyvie turned and saw Annael standing there with a basket on her arm. "Hi Annael! Want a drink? What do you have there?" Wyvie asked as he tried to peak under the lid of the basket. Giving his hand a little slap, Annael shook her head.

"That mister, is our lunch. If you gentlemen would excuse us, Wyvie and I have a date." And with that annoucement, Annael took ahold of Wyvie's hand, mindful of the claws and began to lead him out of the room. Zool and Gwaihir looked after the pair, then at eachother and broke out laughing at the unmistakable blush that had spread across Wyvie's nose.

Letting Wyvie talk about the latest candidates for the Keep as she found the perfect spot for their picnic, Annael tried not to laugh as she noticed that Wyvie seemed a little distracted and as he peered around him carefully. Taking a blanket out of the basket, Annael unfolded it and spread it on the ground under a tree.

"Wyvie, what are you looking for?" Ann asked as she started to take the food out of the basket and began to spread it out on the blanket. Taking a final peak under the blanket before sitting down on a corner of it, Wyvie tried to look innocent.

"Nothing, I'm not looking for anything. Say Ann, did you do something different to your hair? Your curls seem so....curly today." Hiding a smile as she moved the basket off the blanket so that she could sit, Ann decided that she wouldn't call Wyvie on the sudden change of topic.

"It just one of those days I guess. What would you like to start with?" Ann asked, picking up a plate and waiting for Wyvie before she started to fill his plate.

Midway through the meal, after much laughing, joking and general discussion about the keep and its inhabitants, Wyvern picked up a large bottle of honey and tried to take the lid off. "And so I said to Peredhil, 'Mr. P, I think that the best course of action would be...ouch!" Wyvie stopped talking as the lid from the honey jar went flying first into his snout and then off into the tree behind him. Trying to hold the jar steady, Wyvern gave a jump as he noticed a lonely white butterfly fly across his face, losing hold of the honey jar so that it went flying into the air only to land on his head. Looking fiercly at the butterfly as it flew off into the air away from them, then at Annael, who was trying not to laugh, Wyvern grabbed the honey jar off his head and placed it on the blanket beside him and sighed as honey started to drip down his head, all over his face, into his ears and everywhere.

"Well, I guess that's it for the honey," Wyvern said as he gave a lick with his tongue to some honey that had started to drip down his lip. Frowning, Wyvern turned his head first one way, then the other, trying to make out what the noise was. "Hey Ann, do you hear that weird buzzing noise?" Wyvern stopped moving when he saw the look on fright on Annael's face, who was staring off over his shoulder. "I don't want to know, do I?" Wyvern asked. "Bees!" Annael yelled as they started to land on Wyvern. Jumping to his feet and starting to run around the tree, he tripped on the blanket and went spralling on his back. "Ahhh!!!" Wyvern started to scream as the bees started to sting him as they went for the honey that was all over his head and upper torso.

Jumping to her feet, Annael rushed to where Wyvie lay and started to shake her skirt at the bees, trying to scare them off of the poor almost dragon. Giving a little shout and jumping as some of the bees turned their stingers on her, Annael didn't know what to do. Suddenly, her colourful butterflies descended from the sky and went after the bees that were attacking them. Wyvern, huddled on the ground whimpering under a blanket of bees, was quickly becoming a shimmering ball of bright, beautiful, fluttering wings. After a few moments, the butterflies lifted off of Wyvern and went flying off into the air in different directions, not one bee left behind. Rushing to Wyvern's side, Annael lifted his head and placed it in her lap.

"Oh Wyvie, are you okay?" She asked as she gently kissed a particularily nasty sting that was on his snout.

"If I didn't know better, I would say that your butterflies saved me." Wyvern said with a little grimace.

"They did Wyvie, they did. They just came out of no where. I told them earlier to bugger off so they weren't here with us. They must have been watching though."

"Really? I would've never thought...." Stopping, Wyvie's eyes crossed as he watched as a lone blue butterfly landed on that nasty sting on his snout. Giving a little giggle, as it tickled his snout with its wings, then a little shout as the sting started to tingle, he sneezed the butterfly off. "Hey, it doesn't hurt anymore."

Smiling as the butterflies returned to land all over them, Annael laughed at the feeling. "These butterflies are special Wyvie. The powder on their wings can act as a healing agent if they want. They're healing you!" And laughing at the over-grown lizard as he was tickled mercilessly as he was healed, Annael smiled as a few of the little butterflies stayed with Wyvern as the others floated off, though not too far mind you as their mistress had apologised for yelling at them earlier. "It looks as though you have a few new friends Wyvie."

Giving a fake sigh of disgust, his eyes sparkling, Wyvie smiled up at Annael. "One can never have too many friends, My Angel."

"My Angel?"

"Well, yessss." Wyvern bit his lip as Annael raised a brow and crossed her arms over her chest. He fiddled with a claw and scratched at a "recent healing" itch behind his horns, distracting the pretty angel's attention from the flaming remains of the picnic basket. He really had to look into sneeze guards. "I mean, at leasssst you were for the duration of this date, right? Shame we lost that honey, might've come in handy-"

Wyvern cut himself short as he watched Annael's facial expression go blank, then used the opportunity to shove the ashes of the picnic basket to the side with his tail stinger. The overgrown lizard studied Annael's skirt and hair, which had distracted him from eating the picnic basket's contents whole earlier, and raised a claw to his still-sensitive snout before going a slightly deeper shade of red.

"Anyways, thanksss for the luncheon. You can tell yer butterflies that I'll, uhhh, try n'make Almost Dragonic Brand Fly Butter™ with common house flies from now on." Wyvern dug his tail stinger into the picnic blanket and twisted it in nervous fidgets. He scratched the back of his head again and stared at the ground for a long moment in silence, then snapped a claw and turned towards the tree. "Y'know though, if you wanna try some experiments with honey, I could go fetch some more right no-"

"NO." Annael raised her voice a bit as the buzzing sound of the tree hive grew a bit louder. She promptly grabbed Wyvern by the arm and began directing him back to the Pen Keep, not wanting to witness another almost dragonic stinging mound. "That is, no thanks. Not today."

"Gotcha." Wyvern struck a smug grin, then coiled his arm around hers as they walked back. In the distance, the butterflies flew in playful shaped formations, moving from smile to star. To heart.

:-)

OOC: Thanks for the date, Annael, I really enjoyed reading through it. :-)