The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Yay!

Pillow

Cool.

I had similar moment when I discovered that the veggie patties which I purchased at Costco the other day were edible as well as affordable. This is good because it means I can now buy veggie burgers without worrying about the added cost, and the rather large tub of faux-meat nestled in my freezer won't go to waste. This is all tentative of course, but if things don't work out, I can always give them to my vegan house-mate. She'll eat anything that didn't once have a pulse of some sort.

Yea,

rev...

Edited by reverie

Oh don't get me wrong, I still eat meat. Just not as much as I used too. If I could break my fast-food habit, I'd be off red-meat entirely. Cholesterol issues. So until I lose about 30 pounds, I'll have to keeping dealing with this. Hmm, that UPS (warehouse) job I start next week should take care of that though.

rev...

Isn't television supposed to be evil? Oh, nm, I'm asking someone who wants to take over the world. Silly question. I'm sure it's all part of your plan to use television, actually.

Hmmm... can I pet the evil bunny of doom? Or would that doom me?

Yay!

T.V. Evil? Possibly. As a long time cough potato, I'm happy to report that I have finally given it up (again). I'm three month T.V. free. "You tube", Google Video, and misc sketch comedy websites are loads more fun. Other than that, if I need highly manufactured entertainment, then I'll go watch a movie or rent a series.

I don't even use TV for News anymore. Radio/Streaming Net Radio (NPR/BBC typically) Google News, and good old fashioned Newsprint replaced that one for me. And since the Daily Show streams it's sketches on the web too, I can get my faux news T.V. free as well.

As an added bonus, I've noticed my dreams have become more intense.

Also, to paraphrase Joan Rivers: The quickest way to lose 10 lbs is to throw your T.V. out the window.

Edited by reverie

I don't watch much TV either, but it's more a case of being deprived than any decision of mine. I just don't have the free time.

When I do get a chance to watch live it is usually history channel ( I LOVE ancient history - had a great show on Carthage and Alexander last night).

As far as regular shows, there are currently only two that I HAVE to see - I admit, I record them. Very convenient, as I can be interrupted without losing anything (pause) and FF the comercials! They are The Daily Show with Jon Stewart and The Colbert Report with Steven Colbert. Those are truly so funny they are tragic - or so tragic they are funny, you decide. ;p I find Stephen Colbert's humor so achingly insightful that at times I truly don't know if I should laugh or cry.

Highly recommended. :)

Take over the world...me...no...I'd never do that...you can't prove it;)

So, you wanna pet the Evil Bunny of Doom, huh? Can't promise you won't get an unfortunate accident...he's been known to bite;)

Edited by Black9

reverie: Oh, I'm with you. I'm a tv junkie if ever there was one. It is my ongoing mission to cut down on the number of programs I watch. Luckily or unluckily, we do not have cable, so I've never seen the two programs you speak of Portrait of Zool (though I've heard The Daily Show is hilarious), and it cuts down on the number of programs... Though it also means I miss some really good ones. sigh.

Black9: You know, I have some conversation histories that might prove you wrong. :P

And I think I have rabies from that rabbit. Good thing I'm not afraid of needles!

yay.

Edited by dauna

Political? Au contrair, Mon ami! That segment and the commentary are entirely social! Stephen Colbert himself remarked about the Fox segment last night, stating that this showed that HIS show WAS the news, because it was shown on their show, and what do they show on their show? News!

Of course then he went on to show clips of their other 'news' which were about as irrrelevant to most people's lives as one could get. If anything, Colbert is a Master of the dramatic, knowing full well what kind of furor his hijinks could inspire, ready and waiting to turn their own exasperated self-importance into yet another spectacle. But just you wait - I have a suspicion you are going to hear a lot more of Stephen Colbert. The man is ON FIRE!!

YAY! :w00t:

Stephen Colbert quotes:

On recommendations for others from the in the August 2006 Wired Magazine: "Get your own entry in an encyclopedia. - In the media age, everybody was famous for 15 minutes. In the Wikipedia age, everybody can be an expert in five minutes. Special bonus: You can edit your own entry to make yourself seem even smarter"

"The ten-time winner of the Stephen Colbert Award for Journalistic Excellence, this is the Colbert Repo-oh shit!"

"There's nothing wrong with stretching the Truth. We stretch taffy, and that just makes it more delicious."

"If Truth Beauty and Beauty Truth, then I look beautiful tonight."

"I am the Walrus. Goo goo ga Truth."

"You tricked me!" "I tricked you into the truth sir."

"I'd have to say that it was harder at Hampden-Sydney than it was at Northwestern."

"Hey kid, wanna get morally high?"

"Oedipus ruined a great sex life by asking too many questions."

"Congressmen are gonna need a hell of a name. Something bold. Something sexy. Something with a little more zazz than F.E.M.A. Here’s what I propose: the Storm, Accident and Viral Emergency Unconditional Relief-Support and Emendation of Loss Federation (S.A.V.E.U.R.S.E.L.F.)"

“When you’re hiking, you put this little bell on your clothes and it jingles. That makes the bears think it’s Christmas, which they hate because they are godless killing machines.”

"Some say, 'Those who ignore history are doomed to repeat it.' I say, 'Those who ignore history are in for a big surprise.'"

"When I think about the truth, I touch myself!"

"You want the truth? You can't handle the the truth! But I've got an oven mitt. This is the Colbert Report!"

"I've got 99 problems, but the truth ain't one!"

"By the power of Grayskull, this is the Colbert Report."

"I'm not a copy machine, but I have this whip!"

"War in Iraq; great war or the greatest war?"

"Need I remind you that if the Democrats take control of Congress, Democrats will be in control of Congress!"

"This is the Colbert Report. And for our foreign viewers, THIS IS THE COLBERT REPORT!"

"Today is the summer solstice, the longest day of the year. But what really matters is how thick it is."

"America is in the middle of a coast-to-coast heat wave. Good thing for you, I'm America's biggest fan."

"When life gets you down, don't get mad... Get Stephen."

"I don't have a truth problem. I tell the truth, I fall down, no problem. This is The Colbert Report."

"Forgive me Father, for I have truthed."

"President Bush: great President or greatest President?"

"Fine, Jon. Three years ago I killed a panda. Ling-Ling! Or the other one. I can't tell them apart. In my own defense Jon, it was dark, I was drunk, and it was delicious."

"I believe democracy is our greatest export -- at least until China figures out a way to stamp it out of plastic for three cents a unit."

Did the evil laugh hurt your throat? :( That's not good. Means you haven't been practicing enough!!!! Naughty you. ;)

Oh and you'll notice the invasion of your spot has ended. It appears Anna shall be safe... if a bit cluttered. We'll never know what the skeleton was planning now. :(

Sad now. My popcorn got cold while I waited. Anyone want cold popcorn?

CAN DO

Did you ever stop to listen

To what you're missin', in the things you say

If you open up your eyes

than you'll realize, what I say

(CHORUS)

You can do what you want to

you can do if you try

You can do what you want to

You can do if you try

You take that golden rule

That you learned in school