The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Smells like chicken

welcome back JW. It's been to long. I'm a little physically/mentally drained at the moment, so I haven't the strenght to give you a proper feedback post. But, I'll see what I do in a day or so.

Given a curserory glance it does look good though. Love the Queen's orginal spelling of 'color' too.

rev...

Hm.... confused. *grins* Feeling about the same.

Hm... my viewpoint is that at the heart of it, each stanza could be the heart of a larger poem, but right now they feel disconected from each other.

So...

Stanza 1:

I like the flow and energy, the image it evokes is the final class of school, with students flooding like a river out of the doors, never to return. And yes, graduating does change everything. :)

Stanza 2:

Well.... as the last line says... I'm confused. *laughs* Good writing, but I get really weird images of angels and demons eating bacon.

I pretty much agree with Gyrfalcon about this piece, Jonathan. :-) You presented some interesting phrasing and structure in it that really caught my attention, but I had difficulty connecting the two stanzas and was a bit lost when the second stanza transitioned into the "Tastes like bacon" line. It's definitely an eyebrow-raiser of a line, but you might want to expand upon the piece a bit to give the reader more of a hint as to what the narrator may have been tasting (whether it be an actual food or an abstraction like "defeat"). Also, out of curiousity: were the Angel/Devil lines meant to hint at a role reversal of the symbols for good and evil? I had some sense that that was the intention, but I didn't immediately equate "moonlight" to evil... perhaps you could expand upon this element of the poem for clarity, or replace 'moonlight" with a setting that has stronger connotations of evil?

Anyway, this definitely struck me as a very ambitious piece, and I'm intrigued to see if you'll develope it further and expand upon it. :-) Very nice to see a new post from you, Jonathan. Welcome back!