The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Use this, don't use that!

Patrick

OOC: there have been several activities recently where a list of words were given, or a theme was given and you had to include them in your story at the end of which you gave a new theme/words. This activity is different. A theme shall be given for the next story and a list of words, but the words given can not appear (not even in different forms). Whenever you write a story you choose the theme and not allowed words for the next story.

A story has to be around 500 words but can be much longer if you want. :)

10 geld is given for each participation.

Edit: and I almost forgot, the stories have to have a vague link with the current carnival setting, which can be found in the list of activities, also.

An example with art museum given as the theme and painting, art and statue as words you can't use.

IC: It was the first time that little Johnny ever went to a museum. His parents had never taken him before, because old objects didn't really interest them, so this time it was with his class that he had to go. After what his teacher had explained to him, the colourful squares hung up around them and the weird stone objects were not that old, but mostly were from modern times. When the teacher showed them an object which looked like an upside down toilet for boys, the whole class had erupted laughing and the teacher had had trouble controlling them for several minutes...

etc...

OOC

First theme to use is: Wyvern

Not allowed words: geld, almost, elder

Sweetcherrie watched the sheep throwing with amusement, and grinned as she saw Stoomp flying through the air. Then a certain smell hit her, and she wondered what it was, and looked at the sky, where it seemed to come from. It was that time that Stoomp apparently decided to ride through the sky as one rides in a rollercoaster and he threw his hands into the air.

Unfortunately he forgot that he was holding a big lizard, and now Wyvern was tumbling down fast. Sweetcherrie had no time to think, and the only way she saw to possibly save him was try and change his course towards the pond just slightly down from where he would be landing now.

Quickly she took the catapult and loaded it with a couple of sheepy pillows, she carefully aimed and shot. The sheep/pillow hit Wyvern and changed his course slightly, Sweetcherrie only hoped it would be enough.

Sweetcherrie followed the big lizard with her eyes, and sighed with relief as she saw him land in the water safely. She chuckled softly as she sat down next to Patrick.

“Seriously I can tell you stories about Wyv…you won’t believe it.”

She settled and got comfy.

“This other day…” She chuckled, “He had managed to get himself stuck into some weird thing again, and I have no idea how he does it, but he even seems to come out of this pretty normally, well normal as far as Wyvern can be normal that is.

This time he had managed to get himself stuck in a big oil drum, think he saw something shiny on the bottom or something, and had dived in. It took a couple of hours and the help of a few people to actually get him out again, and then about two weeks to convince him that he really needed to get rid of the oil smell.”

Sweetcherrie chuckled as she thought back.

“Then again, I bet there are stories out there about all the pennites around.”

Next theme: Mynx

Words not to use: kitty, tail, and…….errr….no not errr, lets take story as third word :P

Edited by Sweetcherrie

Inspector I. M Clueless stood his ground and jotted down notes on his pad, leaning against a tree and not noticing Falcon's Reply Raven as it landed on his hair. He watched the flying lizard in the distance as it screamed and hit the illusion of the stream/lake with a *THUD*. He continued to scribble notes as he watched the lizard crawl along a patch of Gwaihir's thorns disguised under the image of water, and nodded as the lizard began running back towards the chaos of hurtled sheep. Clueless flinched as he watched the scaly figure get clobbered from all angles by Evangeline and Mynx, then adjusted his pad and jotted down a final thought. And it was at that moment that Clueless realized he had been writing with his eraser.

"Hmph." Clueless blew the eraser dust from his pad, ignoring the faint markings of the previous notes that he'd accidentally deleted. He turned to face Sweetcherrie and cleared his throat. "Good day, ma'am. Inspector I. M Clueless, Private I.D. Sorry to be a bother, but I'm in the middle of a vital investigation concerning a missing detective hat and trenchcoat. Do you know this feline?"

Sweetcherrie frowned as I. M Clueless pulled out a manilla envelope labeled "TOP SECRET" and handed it to her. She opened the envelope, only to raise a brow at the picture of Mynx inside, which had been tagged with the name "Katzaniezi" in red. Her face went blank when she found the single sentence "Nickname Kat" written under the heading for "Top Secret Information."

"A bit of background, though it's not a pretty tale." Clueless took out a cigarette and stuffed it in one of nostrils while his other hand searched for a light. "As you may be aware, a large magnifying glass convention took place not too long ago at the Pen, around the time when the moon took a few minutes off. I believe I saw this furry figure chatting with one of the many frogs that were out in front. A suspicious frog, with a tongue a little too long for his own mouth. It was around that time that the trenchcoat and hat went missing. Any info you might have is appreciated."

"Errrr." Sweetcherrie stared at I. M Clueless in disbelief, then slowly shook her head and handed the file back to him. "No, sorry."

"Ah, understood." Clueless folded the envelope and stuck it in the front of his pants. "In that case, does anyone know of any incidents involving...

Theme: Astralis

Taboo Words: investigation, detective, plane

"REPLY," spoke the Raven, taking wing. "ALWAYSMORE."

Edited by Inspector I. M Clueless

• 2 months later...