I did not know it,

but it had slipped from me.

You were not what you were before,

and I wonder...

"What did I do wrong?"

"If I had come when I first said I would,

I could have kept it from happening..."

---------------------------------------------

Hope this covers my application requirement; please let me know if it doesn't.

Sightless in the night

floating free without light

a name flows from dry lips

a whisper of hope amid chaos.

An amulet made of a name

protection coming from unseen eyes

familiar soul giving warmth.

Looking for the answer to fright

a heart opens itself to the night:

not what was wrong

but how it can be made right.

Welcome to the Pen :) It's always nice to see another poet around, and I hope you like it here. Sit down and make yourself comfortable while our Elder Lizard is out in one of his schemes...

A wolf head appears in the open door, and it's followed by her whole body. Tanny shimmers into her human form, smiling and greeting the new applicant while offering some coffee and cookies.

"Spiteless in the fight

drinking fee without plight

noise of names from dry lips

but his is a whisper amid chaos.

The Amulet of Muttering

protection at the cost of clarity

his name is all I hear.

His sssole words that give warmth

are the answer that he didn't know:

how many beers were on his tab

and how many were on mine."

Wyvern strikes a toothy grin and ends the last line with the flick of a forked tongue and a wink. He sets his wet poem blender down on his cluttered desktop, then goes about attempting to dislodge a tiny pink umbrella from between his jagged teeth.

Petey shifts in his seat for a moment, twitching as he watches the lizard grate at the umbrella with a claw. Tanuchan frowns and digs into her supplies for more comfort cookies.

"You wouldn't happen to be Mr. Wyvern, would you?"

Wyvern turns his attention to Petey and sneers.

"The one and only." Wyvern wanders up to Petey's seat and examines the cookies at his side for a moment. He lowers his snout and sniffs for a moment, powdering them with ash, then begins stuffing several of them into his pockets. "I can see where the confusion might arise of course, given my infamy for month-long lunchbreaks I take it you're the latest applicant, given your recited poem and former Tanuchan comfort cookies?"

"Errr." Petey watches as Wyvern snatches his poem sheet with an urgent claw. "Yes, that's right."

"Well, thisss is certainly acceptable." Wyvern taps a claw on the sheet and nods. He rushes to his desk and fishes for his favorite stamp. He then marks the poem "ACCEPTED" in a rapid movement.

"Now, if you'll excussse, I've got to run. Ta-taa!"

Petey and Tanuchan watch in confusion as Wyvern drops Petey's ACCEPTED application poem and rushes out of the Office. They stand in silence for a long moment, then raise their brows as a bulky, muscular man barges in through the Office door. The hulk grunts and adjusts the amulet on his left wrist, then turns to the two figures in attendence and mutters something incomprehensible. Petey and Tanuchan both chime in at the same time:

"Excuse me?"

The large man grunts and mumbles something, then moves in closer to them and mutters:

"Yo-umm, y'know, seen lizard? He uhh, somethin, you know the thing, he owes. For beers."

;-)

OOC: An ACCEPTED application Petey, welcome to the Mighty Pen! :) I hope you find the Pen a friendly and welcoming writing community to write in, and look forward to reading more of your poetry and writing. Once again, welcome!

Petey, there's no need to RP at all if you don't feel like it :). There are lots of members who are just themselves... I happen to be a Poet but also a RPer. Don't worry about it, and be welcome to the Pen. I hope you like it here, and that we can share your work - be it poetry, tale, or role-play.

*hugs*

~Tanny :flower: