The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Wolf's tutu

Black9

It was a bright and happy day that calm afternoon. The birds were chirping...a gentle breeze blew through the open window. Yes, it was the kind of day when one could easily relax and bask in the glory of this fine hour...ya right! Maybe if this was a fantasy world, filled with fairies and rainbows! The sounds of a heavy breath would have been heard about the house as Black rushed about...I say would have been heard cause the fact remained that the undead don't breathe...most undead anyway. Not a second passed before the panicked form of a beautiful white wolf came seemingly smashing through his bed room door. The door flung open with a might that managed to knock it off its hinges...as if Black cared at this very time and moment. He was once again late for a very important date. At least this time he had prepared more for the up and coming series of unfortunate events. Why was it he could take the field of battle but he couldn't make it to a date on time?

Black went to check the mirror but quickly remembered that vampires cast no shadow and instead grasped the bouquet of wild flowers he had carefully prepared the day before and leapt out of the open window with no time to spare. Black, as he was a Vampire Lord of sufficient age, had gained the ability to morph into a various array of life forms...the word life being very ironic at this point. Over his 4509 years of un-life, Black had managed to obtain the ability to transform into a fly, myst, a bat and rather his favorite...that of a beautiful white wolf. As a wolf, just as in Vampire form, Black was a rather large man and was considered tall by even the already fair sized. The hair that covered the Vampire Wolf's hide was long and very silky to the touch. It was ironic that a Vampire Wolf named Black would have have a completely white coat, but it couldn't be helped and once more he may not desire to change. In fact, if history has told us anything, Death would be too proud to change.

The moment Black exited his shadowed sanctum, he at once felt the sizzle of the sun and although most of the sun's rays were deflected by the thick hair and half of what remained being healed by Black's undead natural forces, the sizzle did however quite sting as afternoon had always been a day walke'rs worst time of the day. For the moment, however, the sun had been the last thing on Death's mind. The Vampire Lord just hoped he'd remember the way to Tanny's place as he was already late! He was never going to earn brownie points if he couldn't arrive on time. 'Let's see here, take a left by the garden and keep going straight until you reach the...until you reach the what again?' The thought came to mind too late as Death had already flung himself at breakneck speed directly into a brick wall!

Black, I think you messed up something in here, probably when you edited your story... it is a bit confusing.

The breeze started to blow again as Black just managed to keep a grasp on his bouquet and upon taking a hard thud on the ground, managed to shake it off and eventually find Tanny's place. By this time, however, half the afternoon was over and Black knew that he'd have to make this up somehow. Wasting no time in ringing the door bell, Black quickly practiced what he was going to say...as he did this, however, things went horribly wrong.

Black-"Greetings, M'lady. I humbly apologize for my tardiness and..." It was at this time that Black forgot he was a wolf and dropped the bouquet of flowers into the already gusting wind...needless to say...only one wild flower remained on the ground before him. Death stepped back in half shock and couldn't help but give a laugh. So far, everything that could have gone wrong, had gone wrong...it would appear that Black wasn't any good at dates...at least not the start of them! This was two in a row he'd managed to fumble! As luck would have it...this was the exact time the door began to open...figures he'd be seen at his worst! Oh well, time to make the best out of a bad situation.

Standing at her door, Tanny looked at the white wolf with unmistakable surprise, never having seen it around. Then, she saw the single wild flower at the wolf's feet and smiled.

"It's beautiful..." she murmured, picking it gently. "And you... who are you?"

She lowered to the wolf's level, holding its eyes with hers as she switches to wolf speech. "You're beautiful, and I have never seen you ar..." A sudden realization hit her as she touched the soft fur, the contacting revealing to her some twisted threads of energy around the wolf.

"Nether threads!"

Automatically throwing a steadying line to earth and weaving a quick shielding around her, Tanny hesitated. Having recognized nether energy, the same energy that swirled around Venefyxatu, she went quickly through her memory trying to identify who could be this particular wolf.

"You're even more lovely then I imagined, Tanny."

He wasn't surprised upon Tanny's reaction. When he was once a famed and feared warlord...Black had gotten that reaction from many and it would appear that he would never live it down. All in all, though, it didn't bother Black...he was rather proud of his past and wasn't about to deny it.

"Black!"

Her smile was open, and delighted. "I had no idea you could morph into a wolf! I was sincerely waiting for a Lord Vampire... " Black gave a grin as Tanny was somewhat cutt off and spoke with a soft yet proud voice.

"You mean something along the lines of this?" A puff of mist took over the immediate area, as all visual was lost. And but a moment later, it was seen a rather tall individual.

The Vampire Lord donned a long black cape created of a silk no longer attainable in this day and age. The cape covered most of his body...revealing only a blood red tunic upon his chest. The wind blew with a gentle gust and taking some of the mystery from what was held within, but not too much as the gust only lasted but a brief moment.

"Greetings, M'lady."

"It's a pleasure to see you, Black... I had hoped to know you better, and it seems I'll have plenty of chance to." She smiled again, unravelling her warding and channeling the energy into the single flower in her hand.

"It's a beautiful flower, by the way... and I thank you."

She tucked the flower in her hair, which happened to be bound in a low pony tail, kept over one shoulder. Her gray eyes smiled on their own, flickering with the light of late afternoon and matching the undefined color of her dress.

"Well, you just said to be ready for a date this afternoon... I wasn't sure about the clothes, so if you think I'd better change just tell me. Or should I use some fur?" Black gave a smile and a bow.

"I was thinking about stopping by a quaint little food stand I ran into some years ago. The place may not seem like much but looks can often be deceiving. I passed by on my way here and noticed that it was still open. You'll find I'm not much of a planner, but rather, I go where the wind takes me." Black paused as Tanny nodded.

"Sometimes too much planning is bad. I'm organized myself, but I confess I enjoy surprises and unpredictability from time to time."

"Later I was thinking we could venture to a certain location in the forest that I have been to a few times, but never with so lovely a lady. We could go in fur if ya like...whatever suits you is fine by me. But for now let us keep our current forms...shall we?" Black held out his hand in a very gentlemanly manner...his smile turning almost sly.

Tanny blushed slightly at so much gentleness, and rested her hand on Black's arm as they walked out of the forest.